DFKS4 - Official Teaser #2

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: DFKS4 - Official Teaser #2

Post by LordDust » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:37 pm

Mobius wrote:I got everything in KS3 except the City Streets. They looked amazing, but I thought they would look incomplete with only a small order. I saw them as an all-or-nothing component.

I'm thinking the same way for those KS4 walls. A city or castle surrounded by those walls will look absolutely spectacular. That said, I'm not sure how useful $100-200 of walls would be. I'm suspecting this will be another all-or-nothing component.

Conversely, I imagine that a smaller order of the round tower stuff, would let me build something that could be a small Wizard Tower in the city, a lookout tower in the woods, or an add-on to a small keep.
It depends on the build, if a wall runs to the edge of the table it isn't hard for players to visualize that it continues. Obviously, being able to completely ensconce a village or city has more visual impact, but I would not say that a partial wall is unusable or entirely undesirable.

Mobius
Orc
Orc

Post by Mobius » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:26 pm

I got everything in KS3 except the City Streets. They looked amazing, but I thought they would look incomplete with only a small order. I saw them as an all-or-nothing component.

I'm thinking the same way for those KS4 walls. A city or castle surrounded by those walls will look absolutely spectacular. That said, I'm not sure how useful $100-200 of walls would be. I'm suspecting this will be another all-or-nothing component.

Conversely, I imagine that a smaller order of the round tower stuff, would let me build something that could be a small Wizard Tower in the city, a lookout tower in the woods, or an add-on to a small keep.

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:22 pm

Smogma wrote: ...

Since the cost increase was only $10 (which awarded you a tote bag but no stretch goals), might I suggest a simple $10 catch-all pledge level that delivers a tote bag, with the ability to purchase as many add-ons as desired, without the advantage of accruing stretch goals?

This would essentially be the same thing and you wouldn't have a need to create multiple pledge levels for backers who: "only want KS1 add-ons" or "only want KS2 add-ons" or "only want KS3 add-ons" etc.
Excellent suggestion if the folks that are of the legume counting persuasion find it palatable!
jchunick wrote:Ha!... it looks like I'm a bit behind. Sometimes it's best to be in Valoria (who am I kidding, it's always best to be there!) in order to keep up with things. It looks like I'm behind a bit on the machinations of the evil Zaltar and his henchmen (and women), including that diabolically devious Nate!

Ok, so put me at around 70-80% knowing what the hell is going on (my wife might put me at 50% or lower...)
I'm pretty sure the default position of most wives is that their husbands have 40-50% on a good day...

Smogma
Orc
Orc

Post by Smogma » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:04 pm

So, last year I noticed when DF created a base pledge level for the "Undercity" (which really was just a pledge for a "Monster Sewer") - the cost was simply +$10 to the Monster Sewer.

example:
Monster Sewer Unpainted - $125 / Undercity Pledge Level (Unpainted) - $135
Monster Sewer Painter - $165 / Undercity Pledge Level (Painted) - $175

Since the cost increase was only $10 (which awarded you a tote bag but no stretch goals), might I suggest a simple $10 catch-all pledge level that delivers a tote bag, with the ability to purchase as many add-ons as desired, without the advantage of accruing stretch goals?

This would essentially be the same thing and you wouldn't have a need to create multiple pledge levels for backers who: "only want KS1 add-ons" or "only want KS2 add-ons" or "only want KS3 add-ons" etc.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:03 pm

Is that wall really a 4 inch wide, 4 inch hig (who knows how deep) single piece? It sure looks like it.

That is a huge hunk of dwarvenite!!!!
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:59 pm

Limbolance wrote:I am really just beginning to hate DF a little more with each tiny little bean that is dropped... I am really going to miss my wife... I really don't have room for her and the Dwarvenite...

Along the top edge of the walls - the cornellations are a bit different at the place where the wall sections appear to join - a connector piece?
Bad spelling, but good eye. :-P
Crenellations.
Limbolance wrote: The curved Tower walls appear to be a solid piece - 4" long 90 degree sections? I see a join between upper and lower sections of Rounded Tower but not the Walls.

Damn,I am going to be soooo Divorced by this KS...
Probably... But on the bright side!... you'll have a really cool castle to play with!... all by yourself... hmmmm, maybe not so bright :-(
If you aren't gaming then you aren't living.

Arcarius2001
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Arcarius2001 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:58 pm

The tower is obviously righteous but those 4" walls catch my eye...

JenneyOC
Ogre
Ogre

Post by JenneyOC » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:52 pm

I think I count 6 pieces in that image. Anyone else?

jcgjcg
Goblin
Goblin

Post by jcgjcg » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:49 pm

Pure. Evil.

Limbolance
Orc
Orc

Post by Limbolance » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:36 pm

I am really just beginning to hate DF a little more with each tiny little bean that is dropped... I am really going to miss my wife... I really don't have room for her and the Dwarvenite...

Along the top edge of the walls - the cornellations are a bit different at the place where the wall sections appear to join - a connector piece?

The curved Tower walls appear to be a solid piece - 4" long 90 degree sections? I see a join between upper and lower sections of Rounded Tower but not the Walls.

Damn,I am going to be soooo Divorced by this KS...