Teaser Texture Photo

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Teaser Texture Photo

Post by jchunick » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:15 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:Yeah, we've been bad lately.

I still want to know how these pieces will combine!
'Brilliantly', if I had to sum it up in only a single word.

:-D

(Seriously, if anyone thinks I'm goading too much, please feel free to tell me to 'bugger off', but put a nice, smiley face beside it to take the sting out of it a bit).
If you aren't gaming then you aren't living.

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:35 am

dafrca wrote:
Oldent wrote:I checked in looking for news. Can we at least try to stay on or near the topic?
The news is on Face Book nd other threads in this forum area. Lots of "Bean" photos.
:lol: you are correct the news is on Facebook. It is faster and easier to post and reaches far more people :lol: I wont have to sift through a wall of irrelevant text. Thanks
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

dafrca
Ogre
Ogre

Post by dafrca » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:42 am

Oldent wrote:I checked in looking for news. Can we at least try to stay on or near the topic?
The news is on Face Book nd other threads in this forum area. Lots of "Bean" photos.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:40 pm

Yeah, we've been bad lately.

I still want to know how these pieces will combine!
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:50 pm

I checked in looking for news. Can we at least try to stay on or near the topic?
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:46 pm

Law wrote: But it's a shame to see the basic Cavern and Chasm sets gone. Those should be as close to always available as possible. They're classics, and they're flawless. (And, no, IMO the KS2 tiles don't make a satisfactory alternative - they're fun in their own way and they have their own uses, but they just aren't the same.)
Indeed!

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:38 pm

I actually prefer the layout of the Dwarvenite caverns, but the sculpts I prefer the resin. It's so much easier for me to build in 2×2 rather than 4×4 and have it match stuff in a module. I feel the larger pieces are restrictive in comparison.

lostpict
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by lostpict » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:40 am

I love the Resin Caverns and Water sets. They are simple superb. I realize that their 4x4 format may not appeal to all, but I love the speed that I can lay-out a big roomy cavern. I did not do KSII and instead bought more of the Resin caverns. No regrets. Wish that they would continue into the future. Same goes for ROTA, DOE, Catacombs. I did buy 5x of the KS1 Sets, so I am thinking of selling my horde of Resin Dungeons so that I can buy even more CBS and KSIV. I am wondering what special underground set will emerge as part of KSIV - maybe catacombs?
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:55 am

AnimeSensei wrote:If the resin was in stock more, I would argue that the dwarvenite is kept with its current "quickly painted" appearance as a way to keep prices down and if you want an "expertly hand painted" version, go for the resin. But I can't make that argument. It's just they really have to go through the dwarvenite quickly due to shipping times I'd wager.
Yes, that's precisely it. The days of resin seem pretty much over. Yes, we got Catacombs 2, but that was how long ago now? Meanwhile the Kickstarters seem to be getting bigger and bigger, and they're CLEARLY where Stefan's heart lies. Plus, the KS material is actually mostly kept in stock. The resin, less so. I noticed this morning the online store doesn't even have a section for resin caverns anymore -- which means we've lost the Cavern Set, the Cavern Passages set, the Cavernous River set, the Cavernous Lake set, the Cavernous Lake Expansion set, and the Chasm set. All classics, all amazing, all gone.

I can somewhat understand phasing out the water ones -- the resin was having issues and it can't have been making money with all the returns and problems. But it's a shame to see the basic Cavern and Chasm sets gone. Those should be as close to always available as possible. They're classics, and they're flawless. (And, no, IMO the KS2 tiles don't make a satisfactory alternative - they're fun in their own way and they have their own uses, but they just aren't the same.)

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:47 pm

If the resin was in stock more, I would argue that the dwarvenite is kept with its current "quickly painted" appearance as a way to keep prices down and if you want an "expertly hand painted" version, go for the resin. But I can't make that argument. It's just they really have to go through the dwarvenite quickly due to shipping times I'd wager.