Cliff Piece Teaser

blinky
Orc
Orc

Re: Cliff Piece Teaser

Post by blinky » Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:29 pm

This cliff could complement the KS2 caverns rather nicely, if it was possible to get it done in KS2 colours. I can see it sitting on open water tiles or using pedestals to build up a ravine. I wants.

JenneyOC
Ogre
Ogre

Post by JenneyOC » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:35 pm

other option is go painted and just use grey to cover up the small amounts of vegetation. Or perhaps a bit of elmer's glue and a bit of small rocky pebbly dust. I personally love it.

Limbolance
Orc
Orc

Post by Limbolance » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:18 pm

Doesn't quite look tall enough to jump off...
...course after KS4 TJD (the jaw drops) launches, I might have to try

Kryzsko
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Kryzsko » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:27 am

I'm not a fan of the flower. Moss or grass would look better especially with pieces that repeat. The flower looks like it's tipped over backwards and laying on the rocks. It is also kind of a weird place for rose to be growing, and it just doesn't look natural to me.

cyberpenguin
Goblin
Goblin

Post by cyberpenguin » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:47 am

Smogma wrote:Kinda wish they didn't have vegetation on them, for using them when they aren't exactly outside.
Hmmm... I don't think there's a problem using them in dungeon settings. The vegetation appears to be the night-blooming okthansus tulipa which is a perennial bulbous member of the lily family. While most members of the lilioideae family have a propensity for colder rocky environments, the night-blooming okthansus has the ability to survive and even bloom in extremely low light levels, including subterranean environs.

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:43 am

OK, I've just anticipated the big headache that KS4 is going to represent (besides money and space). I think when it comes in, I'm going to have to take out EVERY single DF set I own. Because it looks like absolutely everything is going to work with at least one older set.

That also means a lot of layouts. At least with KS3, you're just building cities (for the most part). Throw in a few touches and flourishes from older sets, sure, but basically it's just cities. But this time, it looks like I'll want to do a big cavern layout (with new pieces), a dungeon (with new pieces), a city (with new pieces), and so on and so on....

pacarat
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by pacarat » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:41 am

jchunick wrote:
pacarat wrote:
Smogma wrote:Kinda wish they didn't have vegetation on them, for using them when they aren't exactly outside.
That was the first thing I thought when I saw the pic. So, out comes the green stuff. :)
A couple other options:
1. Get unpainted and then they can be painted with a more cavern palette to look like underground flora.
2. Use flocking to camouflage it to look more like underground flora.
I always buy unpainted, so yep there. Will have to wait for the KS presentation to see exactly what we are working with. I'll have about a year to think about it. :D

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:26 am

pacarat wrote:
That was the first thing I thought when I saw the pic. So, out comes the green stuff. :)
A couple other options:
1. Get unpainted and then they can be painted with a more cavern palette to look like underground flora.
2. Use flocking to camouflage it to look more like underground flora.
If you aren't gaming then you aren't living.

pacarat
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by pacarat » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:05 am

MBCE
Orc
Orc

Post by MBCE » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:14 am

dafrca wrote: While this might be a great option for some, I know I can't paint even close to what I can buy pre-painted at. I saw this image and my first that was "Oh man, if only they didn't have the outdoor plants..."
I'm no painter. Actually was forced to buy unpainted so I could afford to start collecting DF. The sculpt of there pieces are so good that when if you have no talent like myself, you can still do a pretty decent job painting them up yourself. I surprise myself at times!