Questions for Jenney

Please restrict your posting in this Forum to questions for Jenney. Jenney will answer questions in the Codex Valoria. You may carry on discussions in the Pre-Kickstarter News and the Kickstarter 4 Discussion Forums.
Kryzsko
Ogre
Ogre

Re: Questions for Jenney

Post by Kryzsko » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:13 pm

Will there be a 4"/parapet specific wall transition pack? Currently you have to spend $80 (2x$40 transition packs) to add one parapet pack (2 parapets) to any set of corners (unless you are just replacing an existing tower but why would you want to do that?).

iPaint
Orc
Orc

Post by iPaint » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:05 pm

What do the undersides of a Straight Battlement (or the Corner ones) look like? The front two supports on each piece prevent the battlement from falling forwards over the front of a wall, and I assume there will be magnets possibly near the front and back to hold it in place on a 2" deep complete wall, but what happens when it is used on a double thick wall? What prevents the piece from falling inwards if I press down on the edge of the floor near the middle?

Would a single tooth set back half an inch and running between the two front supports solve this problem?

Also, do you need wall platforms to use the battlement pieces, or do they function without them?

Thanks

~iPaint

LastFighter
Goblin
Goblin

Post by LastFighter » Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:21 pm

It's probably been asked but is the long wall missing an arrowslit ? I expect 3 not 2.

Dwarf
Orc
Orc

Post by Dwarf » Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:31 pm

Concerning the 2 Castles, I meant not to add them to the KS, but to add them to the Pledge Calculator...

Dwarf
Orc
Orc

Post by Dwarf » Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:29 pm

Hi Jenney!

We just need a 100% clarification of the post Kickstarter procedure.

1. Will we be able to add funds to the KS after it has ended?

2. Will we be able to change the Pledge Level?`

3. How long after the end of the KS will we be able to add funds?

Also there is an urgent need for the new Castles (Count and Royal ones) to be added to the Kickstarter in order to know how much shipping it will be to non-US backers.

Otherwise keep on going all you people and continue to deliver a great KS.

pacarat
Ogre
Ogre

Post by pacarat » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:32 pm

biowizard wrote:
pacarat wrote:not sure if this has been asked yet, but how is KS and/or PM going to work if one wants multiple pledges? Say, as an extreme example one of each (GH, R, C, GC, etc.)... which one do you select as the "primary", and how do you indicate any of the others, and any multiples?
You pledge for only one pledge level, any of them. You can then use the pledge calculator to know how much money you would need to both buy all the add-ons and all the supplementary pledge levels you want: http://www.dwarvenforge.com/kickstarter ... alculator/. Then you click "manage" your pledge at the top right of the KS page, click "change your pledge" and edit your new pledge amount. Once the KS is finished, DF will ask you which add-ons and which supplementary pledges you want with your pledged money. Make sure to update your pledge before the end of the KS so that it will unlock more stretch goals...
much obliged.

yikes!... what i selected added up waaaaaay too quickly. (and we still have a week to go)

something has to give...

biowizard
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by biowizard » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:50 pm

pacarat wrote:not sure if this has been asked yet, but how is KS and/or PM going to work if one wants multiple pledges? Say, as an extreme example one of each (GH, R, C, GC, etc.)... which one do you select as the "primary", and how do you indicate any of the others, and any multiples?
You pledge for only one pledge level, any of them. You can then use the pledge calculator to know how much money you would need to both buy all the add-ons and all the supplementary pledge levels you want: http://www.dwarvenforge.com/kickstarter ... alculator/. Then you click "manage" your pledge at the top right of the KS page, click "change your pledge" and edit your new pledge amount. Once the KS is finished, DF will ask you which add-ons and which supplementary pledges you want with your pledged money. Make sure to update your pledge before the end of the KS so that it will unlock more stretch goals...

pacarat
Ogre
Ogre

Post by pacarat » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:40 pm

not sure if this has been asked yet, but how is KS and/or PM going to work if one wants multiple pledges? Say, as an extreme example one of each (GH, R, C, GC, etc.)... which one do you select as the "primary", and how do you indicate any of the others, and any multiples?

jonmilton
Orc
Orc

Post by jonmilton » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:14 pm

Audles wrote:
frank weaver wrote:I noticed that the total price of the add ons required to build a pledge level is less than the pledge level cost.
Take Ramparts for example. Why is this? I thought free pieces were supposed to be free?
The shipping charge for everything is bundled into the base pledge.
Gatehouse allows you to buy add-ons already, so there is no shipping difference in the US anyway. So the Ramparts pledge is about $50 (painted) more than a Gatehouse + Straight Wall Addon with the extra international shipping, or $70 in the US. The other levels all add up to where the base pledge is the same or cheaper than the sum of addons, Ramparts is the only oddball.

Audles
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Audles » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:33 pm

frank weaver wrote:I noticed that the total price of the add ons required to build a pledge level is less than the pledge level cost.
Take Ramparts for example. Why is this? I thought free pieces were supposed to be free?
The shipping charge for everything is bundled into the base pledge.