Questions for Jenney

Please restrict your posting in this Forum to questions for Jenney. Jenney will answer questions in the Codex Valoria. You may carry on discussions in the Pre-Kickstarter News and the Kickstarter 4 Discussion Forums.
jameswood

Re: Questions for Jenney

Post by jameswood » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:23 pm

when will we find out next sretch goals ?

frank weaver
Goblin
Goblin

Post by frank weaver » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:40 pm

I noticed that the total price of the add ons required to build a pledge level is less than the pledge level cost.
Take Ramparts for example. Why is this? I thought free pieces were supposed to be free?

kmj9907
Orc
Orc

Post by kmj9907 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:58 pm

querent wrote:Hi Jenney,

First, thank you for your efforts organizing these! I wanted to ask the team about the Grand Citadel pledge level, as I haven't seen this: the picture they show seems to have 4 curved platforms to connect the tower doorways to the rest of the castle platform. Is that a missing piece, or is the final setup for a grand citadel a bit different?

Thank you!
I believe the way it's designed (and I may be wrong) is that the "standard" platforms extend into the interior of the tower, and meet up with the "tower 3/4th floor" to form a complete floor inside the tower.

(I hope we soon see build pics that demonstrate clearly how all these pieces come together.)

querent

Post by querent » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:23 pm

Hi Jenney,

First, thank you for your efforts organizing these! I wanted to ask the team about the Grand Citadel pledge level, as I haven't seen this: the picture they show seems to have 4 curved platforms to connect the tower doorways to the rest of the castle platform. Is that a missing piece, or is the final setup for a grand citadel a bit different?

Thank you!

Riley
Orc
Orc

Post by Riley » Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:34 am

Audles wrote:Q: During last night's live stream, they talked about using GatorBoard foam for the interiors of elevations. Is it possible to add recommended size and suppliers and cut methods to do this somewhere on the site?
I ordered some pre-cut 2" thick, 8"x12" black gatorfoam boards here:
http://www.foamboardsource.com/gatorfoam-gtrf885.html

Should arrive Wednesday.

zazulu
Goblin
Goblin

Post by zazulu » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:58 am

Audles wrote:Q: During last night's live stream, they talked about using GatorBoard foam for the interiors of elevations. Is it possible to add recommended size and suppliers and cut methods to do this somewhere on the site? Even if it's stuck in the FAQ, or in a Kickstarter update. Basically some place that can be accessed easily later or pointed to. I'd love to know HOW they did it and the tools to replicate it. Thanks!
Audles wrote:I'd be curious to see where he got them from.
This post might help point you in the right direction. Browse through the mirror I uploaded of madrigalian's album if you'd like additional examples of unmodified boards in use.

kodiakbear
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by kodiakbear » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:07 am

Question

Will all items in this KS be made of the G or will smaller items and blocks be made with normal Dwarvenite?

Audles
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Audles » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:52 pm

JenneyOC wrote:
Audles wrote:Q: During last night's live stream, they talked about using GatorBoard foam for the interiors of elevations. Is it possible to add recommended size and suppliers and cut methods to do this somewhere on the site? Even if it's stuck in the FAQ, or in a Kickstarter update. Basically some place that can be accessed easily later or pointed to. I'd love to know HOW they did it and the tools to replicate it. Thanks!
I added the supplier to yesterday's list of questions. I can add some of the rest, but there are MANY MANY modders on the site that also might have very good insight into how to do it. If you watch the time lapse build you can see everything as it went down.
Thanks Jenney. I hear you on the modder side - but I'm curious to hear it from Nate since I think he's the undisputed build master. I got a peak at them during the time lapse video. That's super interesting. I'd be curious to see where he got them from.

JenneyOC
Ogre
Ogre

Post by JenneyOC » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:05 pm

I usually do the quick search - new posts or unread posts (in the upper left corner)... if the thread started Q&A - then it is part of the Codex.

does that help you find just the new ones... the new posts will always be the last post in the thread. Noone but I can post... so unless you don't look for a week you should always just pick the last page

Limbolance
Orc
Orc

Post by Limbolance » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:51 pm

Is there a way to find "just" the latest posts in the Codex? I'm having to guess (by date last entry made) when you have added to any particular subject and it would sure be nice if your "Sprinkles of Wisdom and Happiness" could more easily be found...

...and next time give Nate more beer before a livestream - he sure hates spilling beans when he's sober...