Questions for Jenney

Please restrict your posting in this Forum to questions for Jenney. Jenney will answer questions in the Codex Valoria. You may carry on discussions in the Pre-Kickstarter News and the Kickstarter 4 Discussion Forums.
GardenDM
Ogre
Ogre

Re: Questions for Jenney

Post by GardenDM » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:38 pm

One place to house specific suppliers and mods would be the Dwarven Forge Collector's Wiki:
http://dwarven-forge-collector-catalog. ... alog_Wikia

It's maintained by a few very dedicated fans from the forums.

JenneyOC
Ogre
Ogre

Post by JenneyOC » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:25 pm

Audles wrote:Q: During last night's live stream, they talked about using GatorBoard foam for the interiors of elevations. Is it possible to add recommended size and suppliers and cut methods to do this somewhere on the site? Even if it's stuck in the FAQ, or in a Kickstarter update. Basically some place that can be accessed easily later or pointed to. I'd love to know HOW they did it and the tools to replicate it. Thanks!
I added the supplier to yesterday's list of questions. I can add some of the rest, but there are MANY MANY modders on the site that also might have very good insight into how to do it. If you watch the time lapse build you can see everything as it went down.

Audles
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Audles » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:22 pm

Q: During last night's live stream, they talked about using GatorBoard foam for the interiors of elevations. Is it possible to add recommended size and suppliers and cut methods to do this somewhere on the site? Even if it's stuck in the FAQ, or in a Kickstarter update. Basically some place that can be accessed easily later or pointed to. I'd love to know HOW they did it and the tools to replicate it. Thanks!

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:21 pm

JenneyOC wrote:TOWER Add-Ons are coming at 900K. You can get Exactly what you want. Get a Gatehouse and add on your towers...
Very good news :!:
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

JenneyOC
Ogre
Ogre

Post by JenneyOC » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:12 pm

TOWER Add-Ons are coming at 900K. You can get Exactly what you want. Get a Gatehouse and add on your towers...

jonmilton
Orc
Orc

Post by jonmilton » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:20 am

Arravis wrote:That is deeply disappointing, many, many of us don't need or want all four sides of a castle. This kickstarter seems to assume that is everyone's goal unfortunately. I've invested in all 3 KSs campaigns so far but I have sadly found this one the least versatile and most frustrating by far.
You can get multiple copies of Watchtowers and Gatehouses no problem.

jonmilton
Orc
Orc

Post by jonmilton » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:16 am

Vegomatic wrote:Will the 8x8 on CBS posts stand over sewer pieces?

Not sure that is clear... can I build a sewer and then cover it with 8x8 floors on posts (or perhaps the 8x8 platform pieces can lay directly on it)?
The posts are not 2" tall so the sewer walls will not fit underneath. They would line up around the edges alright though. You could rest the 8x8 on top of the sewer tiles, using some dungeon corners/passages scattered around to increase stability.

Michael Gill

Post by Michael Gill » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:25 pm

The add on set to separate the towers is only $28, so you guys with the Grand Citadel would be a single expensive coffee over your $1000 budget.

I also just figured out that the crenellations add on replaces the back corner pieces of the gatehouse with the accessory slot crenellation, so you will have the four corner pieces necessary to have a completely enclosed, crenelated wall. There are enough crenellation pieces in the grand citadel add on pack to completely enclose the grand citadel wall with crenellations even when the towers are broken off and separated from the citadel.

Now for the question. Could you mock up and photograph a way to put the boiling oil directly over the portcullis, maybe recess the gatehouse? I want to be able to pour boiling oil over the siege party. I am thinking you need both accessory slot crenellation pieces to cover the area, unless there is a way to put just one. Then with the gatehouse recessed, I cannot visualize how to place the flagstone pieces around the inside. Are the flagstone pieces and paint job the same as the KS3 sewer flagstone pieces?

The mock ups you guys posted of various setups with the exact pledges required for the build was crucial for my purchases during KS3.

The paint quality for KS3 was excellent. KS3 was my first purchase of prepainted anything, and I am glad I did. Please ensure the painted pieces for this KS4 are of the same quality.

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:17 pm

In the live stream this evening they indicated that individual towers (implying both 4 and 6 inch) would be available as add-ons... so buy a gatehouse and then tower add-ons. There is still much time and the implication is that there will be a plethora of add-ons available... so do not despair... be patient.

Riley
Orc
Orc

Post by Riley » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:30 pm

Arravis wrote:That is deeply disappointing, many, many of us don't need or want all four sides of a castle. This kickstarter seems to assume that is everyone's goal unfortunately. I've invested in all 3 KSs campaigns so far but I have sadly found this one the least versatile and most frustrating by far.
The gatehouse is available for $85 painted. You could get that plus two watchtowers. I suspect a small base order plus a lot of add-ons will be a good option to get exactly what one wants this time around - especially because the stretch goals don't look particularly essential. I suspect my base set will be nothing but a gatehouse.