Stretch goals for pledge manager (pretty please)

Please restrict your posting in this Forum to questions for Jenney. Jenney will answer questions in the Codex Valoria. You may carry on discussions in the Pre-Kickstarter News and the Kickstarter 4 Discussion Forums.
DeGazio
Kobold
Kobold

Re: Stretch goals for pledge manager (pretty please)

Post by DeGazio » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:26 pm

Thank-you very much for taking the time to respond, I appreciate it.

glynnsmith
Goblin
Goblin

Post by glynnsmith » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:26 am

DeGazio wrote:Hello everyone, I have posted this question on multiple forums but no-one has yet responded to it. Please can someone tell me if we are getting buttresses or not?
There has not been an official confirmation or statement on Buttresses. The PM opens up the week of 4/18 and will be open for 3-4 weeks. There should be plenty of time to figure it out when it goes live. They are working to get all these details figured out prior to that time, so we should have a bit of patience at this time.

The one catch is that they have not ruled out the potential of additional stretch goals or additional items being added later in the PM if the pledge total increases quite a bit. Since they are working to allow new people to pledge this year, it could happen. Please note, that they did state on the live stream that if this happens the original backers will still be rewarded or treated special somehow for getting in during the KS. Not sure what they mean by it, but something to note.

DeGazio
Kobold
Kobold

Post by DeGazio » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:18 am

Hello everyone, I have posted this question on multiple forums but no-one has yet responded to it. Please can someone tell me if we are getting buttresses or not?

Arcarius2001
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Arcarius2001 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:34 am

Going to Con is pure marketing. Nothing else can show the product to gamers so personally. But the trip for the movie premier was unfortunate timing. That did put things in disarray for a few days and probably confused or delayed new backers.

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:16 pm

kodiakbear wrote:As much as I want more stuff, I think it is important to point out that going to Garycon and SXSW had the potential to bring in more pledgers.

While I wish the KS had started after these two events. I do not think they should be thought of as vacations. IMO
Agree.

kodiakbear
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by kodiakbear » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:16 pm

As much as I want more stuff, I think it is important to point out that going to Garycon and SXSW had the potential to bring in more pledgers.

While I wish the KS had started after these two events. I do not think they should be thought of as vacations. IMO

jonmilton
Orc
Orc

Stretch goals for pledge manager (pretty please)

Post by jonmilton » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:58 pm

I know a lot of people range from having a minor irritation to being really upset about the fact that not all the stuff got out before the end of the campaign and therefore the total pledges counting towards stretch goals is going to be reduced. For myself anyway, I am anticipating increasing my pledge by about 20% based on things that should be coming. If you take that to the whole campaign it is not small change.

So, just gonna throw this thought out there: maybe count just the additional money that comes in for castle related items not previously released towards some surprise stretch goals. A sort of compromise for losing a week due to the choice of attending SXSW instead of focusing on the KS campaign. (Not judging the choice, merely stating the facts. I probably would have chosen SXSW too.) You wouldn't even have to publish how much additional money came in, just say "Hey backers, you earned X additional stretch goals because we love you".

Or... Put out a text list of the packs and ballpark pricing that is coming so people can pledge up front for it. Most of us trust that everything will be amazing, but I don't want to pledge a bunch of extra money and then discover there are no new packs I want.