Battlements fit

Please restrict your posting in this Forum to questions for Jenney. Jenney will answer questions in the Codex Valoria. You may carry on discussions in the Pre-Kickstarter News and the Kickstarter 4 Discussion Forums.
jonmilton
Orc
Orc

Re: Battlements fit

Post by jonmilton » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:54 pm

The inset in this image looks like it works just fine for the new crenelations which stick out the same as the KS3 ones.

http://www.dwarvenforge.com/wp-content/ ... 10t010.jpg

blinky
Orc
Orc

Post by blinky » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:18 pm

Just adding to this,
Will the suspended parapet work with small round crenellations and KS3 crenellations on a single level? or do I need to build the round tower higher?

jonmilton
Orc
Orc

Post by jonmilton » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:10 pm

geekjeff wrote: If you have a flat stock Gatehouse like on the Various expert pledges, there's big interference and it doesn't work.

BUT there is a nice solution in the works to be included in a special Battlements pack intended for use with the Citadel/Grand Citadel.
I am trying to figure out if I should get 1 corner battlements and just do the castle walls, or get a second set and do the top of the gatehouse as well. I guess I'll have to wait and see what is in the PM.

Kryzsko
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Kryzsko » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:56 pm

I hope they have figured out a way so we can use only battlements and not have to transition back and forth between crenellation and battlements when using round towers.

geekjeff
Ogre
Ogre

Post by geekjeff » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:31 pm

If you have the extended Gatehouse upgrade with the motorized or manual drawbridge, there's no problem at all.

If you have a flat stock Gatehouse like on the Various expert pledges, there's big interference and it doesn't work.

BUT there is a nice solution in the works to be included in a special Battlements pack intended for use with the Citadel/Grand Citadel.

jonmilton
Orc
Orc

Battlements fit

Post by jonmilton » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:32 pm

If you put corner battlements on top of the gatehouse and straight battlements on the walls, does everything fit alright or does the extra size create interference?