Towers with Walls - other than 90 Degrees

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Towers with Walls - other than 90 Degrees

Post by zenako » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:36 pm

If your angle is not too great, you can get a reasonable fit with the 6" towers. The gaps are not too bad, and you can always put some bling over any larger gaps such as a ballista or bucket of arrows.

If you look at some of the shots of the keep, one of the walls is at about a 15-20 degree angle between some towers. It looks ok.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=10080&start=10

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:54 am

If your using 6" towers as opposed to 4" towers the effect is a little less unsatisfying.
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

nielsene
Ogre
Ogre

Post by nielsene » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:34 am

Abutting the walls to the towers at arbitrary angles "works" for some situations -- if you're not trying to build into the tower/connecting interior passage/etc. Sorta like the 1/2 tower two story trick for building a tower into a straight section of wall.

But I agree its unsatisfying in many settings. I think a 135 and a 120 interior angle option would be nice. Would allow for octagonal and hexagonal designs. I think they'd give enough clearance for all the other pieces to work. (sharper ones (60 degree for a triangle, for instance) would likely need different wall units (similar to the beveled corners as they'd clip into each other)

Thunder
Orc
Orc

Post by Thunder » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:39 pm

Yeah, I set that up and found the look less than satisfying. It looks “ok”.

I am kinda hoping someone has 3D printed an adapter piece to allow the walls to fit snug.

I would also love a 45 degree angle for the walls. Currently we only have 90 degrees or 180 degrees.

It’s kinda odd, but for all the “modularity” we got with the walls (double wide, double high, etc) we sure don’t have a lot of modularity for wall path shape.

Peace.

Riley
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Riley » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:44 pm

Thunder wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:05 pm
Currently, the towers either stand alone or fit on a 90 degree corner only. I would love to use my towers and walls in combinations more than just 90 degrees.

Anybody figure out how to do this, or come across someone 3d printing transition pieces?

Peace
I'm sorry I don't have any pictures to show, but what I do is build a freestanding round tower, and shove two wall ends up against the round tower at whatever angle(s) I prefer. Works pretty well.

Thunder
Orc
Orc

Towers with Walls - other than 90 Degrees

Post by Thunder » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:05 pm

Currently, the towers either stand alone or fit on a 90 degree corner only. I would love to use my towers and walls in combinations more than just 90 degrees.

Anybody figure out how to do this, or come across someone 3d printing transition pieces?

Peace

Return to “Kickstarter 4 Discussion”