Castle Restock

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Castle Restock

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:13 am

Those extra pieces make some of these sets really good value :)

We have never worried too much about the different hues, more prevelent in the Large round tower floors and courtyard floors.
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by zenako » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:49 am

If you really want to score bonus pieces and need more Long walls and want a lot of extra Crenellation pieces then the Long Wall set with 9 total parts and a bonus 6 more crenellations is the winner.

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by zenako » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:43 am

Got my sets and there is a distinct difference between the "tint" of the affected pieces and the rest of the castle line. It appears to pretty much be limited to the Crenellation style pieces. The "bad" ones have a more yellow green tint to the dry brush, while the "good" castle parts have a slightly blueish hue to the dry brush. Very clear with the right light and those parts would have been pretty obviously different. Note not ALL of the parts with crenellations were affected. The Artillery Post set only gets replacements for two of the corners. The one with the trap door and its matching shape were fine. It appears a production line ended up using the wrong hue of paint and since it is hard to notice unless you are side by side with proper paint tints/hues, I can see how it would have gotten by the factory and only been seen when entire sets were checked.

As for buying more of the instock sets, to get the bonus pieces, that thought had already crossed my mind.

If you look at any of the photos for the CaC sets, you can also see the tint difference in the DF photos. For example, look at the Artillery Post image here.

https://shop.dwarvenforge.com/collectio ... ar-painted

I think DF did us all a good thing by preemptively fixing this factory error. For example in the above Artillery post, there are 30 real building pieces ( not counting decoration stuff) and 6 replacement parts.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:11 am

I am looking at the video now, the construct a keep one, I do not see a Marketing one uploaded yesterday. these were uploaded a while ago.

But that said, yes, there are large differences. Even from the first view, I can see the more purple/blue and the more yellow/grey.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

NiandoBG
Orc
Orc

Post by NiandoBG » Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:36 am

dice4hire wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:06 pm
I do see some difference but it is hard to see in the picture.
Hi D4H,

If you want a better comparison, DF uploaded their Marketing videos for each set on YouTube yesterday.

Just watch the Necromancers Keep video. The differences are obvious.

IMO they did the right think to change it.
DF is the premium brand for terrain and they should only sell premium quality pieces where the paint jobs are consistent within a set.

Despite that, they “tried” recently to come close but don’t match the paint job with the Ancient Jade Pillar. Everyone knows the end of the story.... :?

Additionally, assuming that the Castle Line is not being as successful as the other line, I think they did not want to risk any bad word-of-mouth spread about the new sets.
Furthermore, with the free false painted pieces they even created an incentive to buy now because of the “SG” :lol: :lol:

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:06 pm

I do see some difference but it is hard to see in the picture.

Why so much trouble with castles. Does anyone know? I don't remember this much trouble with any other set

blakoutsun
Goblin
Goblin

Post by blakoutsun » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:16 pm

This picture isn't great, but you can imagine that the two sets are different shades.
Attachments
B_20190606_061318.jpg
Picture of Replacement and Original Crenelations
B_20190606_061318.jpg (97.45 KiB) Viewed 512 times

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:03 am

pics??????

blakoutsun
Goblin
Goblin

Post by blakoutsun » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:31 am

The freebie pieces with the new configurations look to have the DoD drybrush paint on them. They still look great, just a strange contrast when you compare them to existing castle pieces.

I have been testing my two new sets and they work very well and work well with my CBS. With that said: does anyone know the where I can get some 2x2 flagstone floors?

Seraphis the Bland
Orc
Orc

Post by Seraphis the Bland » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:26 pm

zenako wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:20 am
I had the adventurers "storm" a tower recently when they were working to retake a town from the Orc hordes. It was a small 1 story building that support a 6 story 6" tower attached to it. The Watchtower had a number of superior orcs and a spyglass that gave them excellent ability to view any forces approaching the town. The party busted in the door to the support building and began the climb to the top. As they got into each room I just moved the tower stack over about 8" and left the rest of the tower stacked. (I had pre-populated all the occupants on each floor.) At the end of the fight, I had all six stories spread out in a row next to where the tower started. Almost like you would see for a map of a tower and all of the floors.
Thanks for the feedback. I might be warming up to the idea.

Return to “Kickstarter 4 Discussion”