Castle Restock

Seraphis the Bland
Orc
Orc

Re: Castle Restock

Post by Seraphis the Bland » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:26 pm

zenako wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:20 am
I had the adventurers "storm" a tower recently when they were working to retake a town from the Orc hordes. It was a small 1 story building that support a 6 story 6" tower attached to it. The Watchtower had a number of superior orcs and a spyglass that gave them excellent ability to view any forces approaching the town. The party busted in the door to the support building and began the climb to the top. As they got into each room I just moved the tower stack over about 8" and left the rest of the tower stacked. (I had pre-populated all the occupants on each floor.) At the end of the fight, I had all six stories spread out in a row next to where the tower started. Almost like you would see for a map of a tower and all of the floors.
Thanks for the feedback. I might be warming up to the idea.

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by zenako » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:20 am

I had the adventurers "storm" a tower recently when they were working to retake a town from the Orc hordes. It was a small 1 story building that support a 6 story 6" tower attached to it. The Watchtower had a number of superior orcs and a spyglass that gave them excellent ability to view any forces approaching the town. The party busted in the door to the support building and began the climb to the top. As they got into each room I just moved the tower stack over about 8" and left the rest of the tower stacked. (I had pre-populated all the occupants on each floor.) At the end of the fight, I had all six stories spread out in a row next to where the tower started. Almost like you would see for a map of a tower and all of the floors.

nielsene
Ogre
Ogre

Post by nielsene » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:52 pm

"Simple" castles are easy to expose the layers as needed. Simple to me means a normal one unit tall curtain wall and 3-5 story towers. Everything is easy to remove/expose as needed in a game play. Its very easy to un-stack a portion of the tower to have multiple consecutive floors accessible.

For more complicated builds -- double unit walls or bridges between towers, or elaborate keeps with CBS interiors, can be more of a pain to expose/traverse through.

Seraphis the Bland
Orc
Orc

Post by Seraphis the Bland » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:29 pm

The castles look very impressive. Really, very striking. I can't see myself buying one though. I can't picture how I'm going to actually play with it. What do you do when your adventurers are moving up the turret stairs from 2nd level to 3rd level? ie, how do you remove several layers of castle very quickly and easily such that you can play on the inside of the thing? I don't want a Fischer-Price castle (the vintage one, of course!) that is half exposed on the back from my childhood.

What I really want is for castle floors to become the new terrain tray. Let them be metal so my other castle pieces (walls, floors, rooms, whatever) can stick to them so there is minimal movement between flying in new parts of the castle to explore and also quick removal as the adventurers leave for a new area. I picture a square and one corner has a big mickey mouse ear on it so you can build up your turret, but also quickly remove a floor (or add one as needed). You could use that one mold for all four corners of the castle just by flipping it over or rotating it. Another base template could be square but with one rounded side, so the edge of the 4th level of castle does compete with the space of the turret roof rising up just below it, if the turret is mid way up the side of the castle, for example.

That's the beauty of DoD and CD, quick deployment of areas in and out and total access to the field of play. We need that for castles. If they had that, I'd lay down some serious money.

Doleo_DF
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Doleo_DF » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:41 pm

William wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:43 pm
I would like to buy a gatehouse (without the Rampart walls).
Wonder if this will be a configuration in the future.
I would second this. Would be great if the gatehouse was a separate purchase option.

scott102303
Orc
Orc

Post by scott102303 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:55 pm

Store seems to have a few things that were sold out recently. Was able to get two hamlet sets and a monster sewer set, among others I've been watching for. These likely won't last.

period3
Orc
Orc

Post by period3 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:41 pm

zenako wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:30 am
Elizb01 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:44 pm
Are we going to get a break down of the sets before they hit the webstore? It would make it easier to determine whether we should put them on our buy list, as it would give us time to go over our current collection and see whether they are something that fills a gap in our collection.
That is an outstanding request and I too would love to know what lies ahead. I have a healthy amount of castles already but am looking for a few specific features to augment my stash.
The names at least are in the news section:

Wall Segments:

Basic Walls
Long Walls
In-Line Tower
Postern Gate
Artillery Post
Barbican Gatehouse

Corner Segments:

Corner Walls
Corner Tower Small
Corner Tower Large
Corner Tower Square

Stand-Alone:

Necromancer’s Keep

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:43 pm

I would like to buy a gatehouse (without the Rampart walls).
Wonder if this will be a configuration in the future.
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by zenako » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:30 am

Elizb01 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:44 pm
Are we going to get a break down of the sets before they hit the webstore? It would make it easier to determine whether we should put them on our buy list, as it would give us time to go over our current collection and see whether they are something that fills a gap in our collection.
That is an outstanding request and I too would love to know what lies ahead. I have a healthy amount of castles already but am looking for a few specific features to augment my stash.

Elizb01
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Elizb01 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:44 pm

Return to “Kickstarter 4 Discussion”