Erinthor Mountains Painting Question

period3
Orc
Orc

Re: Erinthor Mountains Painting Question

Post by period3 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:55 pm

DFSuzy wrote:Correct ... we won't be offering any new paints for the Castles or Mountains (they aren't needed) but we will likely do another painting guide if you guys liked the last one.

Did you like it? Was it useful?

We won't be able to make one for several more months, but if you guys found it useful, we will.

Feel free to let us know!
I would find a painting guide for the mountains very useful!

DFSuzy
Orc
Orc

Post by DFSuzy » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:29 pm

Correct ... we won't be offering any new paints for the Castles or Mountains (they aren't needed) but we will likely do another painting guide if you guys liked the last one.

Did you like it? Was it useful?

We won't be able to make one for several more months, but if you guys found it useful, we will.

Feel free to let us know!

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:10 pm

It would have been someone at the shop who painted them. Jen was doing most of the casting and possibly some of the painting. Nina was likely doing a lot of the painting - and likely the master paint jobs for the pieces that others who were painting were using as reference. I wasn't there and haven't asked about those details, but I'm going off of what I know who was doing what in KS3.

I would tend to say at such an early point it would be a very pleasant surprise, indeed, to have someone provide the painting details... although, that being said, it's my guess there weren't and aren't going to be any special paints mixed up for the mountains since all the necessary paints exist in the current line.
If you aren't gaming then you aren't living.

FattyLumpkin
Orc
Orc

Erinthor Mountains Painting Question

Post by FattyLumpkin » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:59 pm

I usually purchase pre-painted items from DF but got the unpainted Erinthor Mountains set during the pre-sale. Does anyone know how to paint those? I can guess but would like to approximate the pro-paint job the best I can.