Portcullis & Gatehouse Oddities

Thunder
Orc
Orc

Re: Portcullis & Gatehouse Oddities

Post by Thunder » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:43 pm

patransom wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:55 pm
I have the same loose manual winch issue. Leaving a rubber band on it for a day didn't tighten it up any. A toothpick parallel to the axle works to jam the wheel in a fixed position, but it's a far from an ideal solution.
I leave the elastic on, does the same thing as your toothpick.

Peace

patransom
Orc
Orc

Post by patransom » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:55 pm

I have the same loose manual winch issue. Leaving a rubber band on it for a day didn't tighten it up any. A toothpick parallel to the axle works to jam the wheel in a fixed position, but it's a far from an ideal solution.

Magniopi
Orc
Orc

Post by Magniopi » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:11 pm

Thunder wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:24 am
Mine doesn't really work, the nub is too thick to fit into the depressions and the spool just slides out of it's way. If I put an elastic band to squeeze the brackets onto the spool, it more or less works.
Same for mine. The indentations are tiny and the winch isn't held snug enough by the posts to keep the nub from slipping out. Rubber band seems like the way to go.

I really like the gatehouse overall, but the loose winch and the unstable bunch-of-half-walls-stuck-together back portion of the top make it a delicate affair in use.

Thanks again.

NinjaMeesta
Orc
Orc

Post by NinjaMeesta » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:40 pm

Magniopi wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:04 am
Concerning the gargoyle, my drawbridge (manual winch) won't stay upright at all with the gargoyle in place. As soon as I left go of the drawbridge or winch, the drawbridge drops and the chains unspool from the winch
I put together my manual winch today, and I've got the same issue. I might have to try a rubber band or something.

Magniopi
Orc
Orc

Post by Magniopi » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:32 am

Thunder wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:24 am
If you look at the side of the chain spool, there are depressions in the side. On the bracket there is a "nub" and the nub is supposed to fit into the depressions which holds the drawbridge at different heights. You can slide the spool side to side to activate this effect.
Thanks, I'll take a look.
I was messing with it at midnight last night, so I figured I'd probably overlooked something.

Thunder
Orc
Orc

Post by Thunder » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:24 am

If you look at the side of the chain spool, there are depressions in the side. On the bracket there is a "nub" and the nub is supposed to fit into the depressions which holds the drawbridge at different heights. You can slide the spool side to side to activate this effect.

Mine doesn't really work, the nub is too thick to fit into the depressions and the spool just slides out of it's way. If I put an elastic band to squeeze the brackets onto the spool, it more or less works.

Hope that helps.

Peace

Magniopi
Orc
Orc

Post by Magniopi » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:04 am

Concerning the gargoyle, my drawbridge (manual winch) won't stay upright at all with the gargoyle in place. As soon as I left go of the drawbridge or winch, the drawbridge drops and the chains unspool from the winch.
I thought I saw a comment about the drawbridge even staying up at partial angles. Is there some trick or hook I'm missing?

silentinfinity
Kobold
Kobold

Post by silentinfinity » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:20 am

Anyone know of any vid or guided pics to help put the motorized version of the gatehouse together? It may just be I'm tired from work, but I was playing with things this evening as my boxes arrived today. I was struggling with the exact placement. Any help is appreciated. Please and thanks!

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Sat May 27, 2017 6:54 pm

I guess I just forgot, it's amazing how much you can forget in just 15 months.
Thanks for the links guys.
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Sat May 27, 2017 4:20 pm

lostpict wrote:
Sat May 27, 2017 4:11 pm
I cut out a far m e as part of my dice tower project. I later built a keep with it, but cannot find it in the forums. Here is the flickr link https://www.flickr.com/photos/9975128@N ... 993465642/
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=7307&p=96012