At the risk of sounding rude.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: At the risk of sounding rude.

Post by dice4hire » Tue May 30, 2017 1:10 am

Dwarvenite is not supposed to break. Breakable stuff is just .... unnatural.

At least for a non-resin guy like me. :)
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Talistran
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Talistran » Mon May 29, 2017 10:33 pm

kodiakbear wrote:
Mon May 29, 2017 10:21 pm
Perhaps after we have all had a 1/2 year to play with both kinds of 8x8 tiles DF should start to take a poll.

But to be honest right now I think all of our opinions are uninformed.

Most of us do not even have an 8x8 tiles nor once we do have we seen how they hold up to 6 months of abuse.
Agreed. I do have both in hand, and I like both of them just fine. My ONLY concern is that when one of the Gorgonite tiles fall, or I sit on one, is it going to break? So far, the small fall and the sitting partway on it on the couch it has been fine.

kodiakbear
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by kodiakbear » Mon May 29, 2017 10:21 pm

Perhaps after we have all had a 1/2 year to play with both kinds of 8x8 tiles DF should start to take a poll.

But to be honest right now I think all of our opinions are uninformed.

Most of us do not even have an 8x8 tiles nor once we do have we seen how they hold up to 6 months of abuse.

Kryzsko
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Kryzsko » Mon May 29, 2017 9:51 pm

unclebilly wrote:
Mon May 29, 2017 1:49 pm
The only thing I dislike about the Lego 8x8 is that you can print that kind of thing on a 3d printer. I can not make dwarvenite and that is one of the reasons I buy it.
The problem with the 3D printers is that you end up with all those ridge lines that make painting a challenge. Unless you have some high end expensive printer I don't find the results most people get very attractive.

For me I would like every thing 4x4" and larger done with he dwarvenite-g. I like that it is lighter and less prone to warping. I don't care about the sound or the feel. When I get done painting it, it will look indistinguishable from the other dwarvenite pieces.

Kryzsko
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Kryzsko » Mon May 29, 2017 9:42 pm

Talistran wrote:
Mon May 29, 2017 1:54 pm
Oh, it warped badly!

It just flattened out really well. That's all. I think we are both saying the same thing at this point.
I am glad it flattened out for you.

Talistran
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Talistran » Mon May 29, 2017 1:54 pm

Oh, it warped badly!

It just flattened out really well. That's all. I think we are both saying the same thing at this point.

unclebilly
Ogre
Ogre

Post by unclebilly » Mon May 29, 2017 1:49 pm

The only thing I dislike about the Lego 8x8 is that you can print that kind of thing on a 3d printer. I can not make dwarvenite and that is one of the reasons I buy it.

Kryzsko
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Kryzsko » Mon May 29, 2017 11:30 am

Talistran wrote:
Sun May 28, 2017 10:21 pm
Kryzsko wrote:
Sun May 28, 2017 9:48 pm
I am the opposite. I wish the mountain 8x8" floors were made from the hard plastic. Did you see the picture someone posted of the mountain 8x8" warped horribly after leaving it set up overnight with a tower sitting on it? He will never get that thing back into shape. Even a lot of my city builder 4x4" building floors are slightly warped. Those 8x8" mountain floors are going to be difficult to keep flat. If you sit that on anything other than a perfectly flat surface it will warp.
Kryzsko,

That was me with a warped 8x8; let's also not forget that I left it unsupported with only 5 of 13 support holes filled. And after one night under a heavy box it is perfectly normal/flat again.

I agree that my 4x4 floors are warped in many cases. I'm not refuting that. I'm just saying that the one warped 8x8 wasn't as bad as you made it out to be. :)
I was just going by your pictures and they looked bad. Based on my experience with PVC dwarvenite they will warp when left on any non-perfectly flat surface, and based on my experience with other products made with dwarvenite-g type material that will not be the case with those pieces. I am glad to hear you were able to flatten them out again.

Talistran
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Talistran » Sun May 28, 2017 10:21 pm

Kryzsko wrote:
Sun May 28, 2017 9:48 pm
I am the opposite. I wish the mountain 8x8" floors were made from the hard plastic. Did you see the picture someone posted of the mountain 8x8" warped horribly after leaving it set up overnight with a tower sitting on it? He will never get that thing back into shape. Even a lot of my city builder 4x4" building floors are slightly warped. Those 8x8" mountain floors are going to be difficult to keep flat. If you sit that on anything other than a perfectly flat surface it will warp.
Kryzsko,

That was me with a warped 8x8; let's also not forget that I left it unsupported with only 5 of 13 support holes filled. And after one night under a heavy box it is perfectly normal/flat again.

I agree that my 4x4 floors are warped in many cases. I'm not refuting that. I'm just saying that the one warped 8x8 wasn't as bad as you made it out to be. :)

Kryzsko
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Kryzsko » Sun May 28, 2017 9:48 pm