KS4 Replacement Pieces

dreamlifter
Goblin
Goblin

Re: KS4 Replacement Pieces

Post by dreamlifter » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:10 pm

Is there an update for replacement pieces? I have not received or heard anything.
natetaylor wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:01 pm
Hi all!

I wanted to address some of the issues with KS4 and our plan for fixing the most egregious problems.

But first, know that we take everyone’s comments to heart. Although we don't often respond, we are reading your posts in detail, and discussing the problems and ideas expressed. The factory even reads the forums to see what people think of their work.

We are a very small team, and we can get spread thin quickly, especially when Gencon rolls around. We appreciate your patience and trust in us, and bearing with long periods of silence from us.

On the bright side, we learned a lot from the issues (and sheer scope) of KS4, and won't be repeating the mistakes from that campaign. I believe our execution of KS5 demonstrates our learning from the failings of the previous project. We're continuing to use these learnings to improve the manufacturing and QC process on our end, and I believe it will show in our future offerings (including KS5).

Below are three of the biggest issues that need to be fixed for KS4. For each of these issues, we ask you to write to us at dwarvenforgeinfo@gmail.com if you need a replacement.

The factory has asked that we return the old pieces to them, so we would like to honor this by requesting that you return your replaced pieces when the new ones are shipped.

Thanks for your patience, feedback, and continued support.

Cheers
-Nate

-=-=-=-
KS4 ISSUES
  • LED Lantern Posts:
    Problem: The LED socket on this post comes loose far too easily.

We and the factory both recognize that we should have done a better job reinforcing the components inside this piece.

We are going to make some new posts with reinforced internals. We expect to have them before the end of this year.

If your post doesn’t work, please let us know, and we will send you a replacement.
  • Curved Tower Stairs:
    Problem: These stairs do not fit inside the opening of the floor above due to the tab protruding on the tower walls. In addition, they are extremely hard to use when stacking pre-assembled floors, which makes them more trouble than they're worth for gameplay.

We apologize for this, it was an oversight on our end. We are making new stairs, which are shorter so they do not extend into the level above. This will solve both issues, at the price of some aesthetics (the distance from the top step to the floor above is a little large).

This will require new sculpting and molding. We anticipate having these done right after New Year’s.
  • Tower Three Quarter Floor (the “Pac-Man” Piece):
    Problem: The cutout space in not a clean 90 degree angle. While these pieces still function fine, it is bothersome that the angle isn't right.

According to the factory, the pressure of the mold caused most of these pieces to cast slightly off a 90 degree angle.

They're making some replacements for us, and we can send them to you when they are ready (est. Dec-Jan).

pacarat
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by pacarat » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:32 pm

LadySabelle wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:36 pm
Chuck@dwarvenforge.com
Thanks!

LadySabelle
Ogre
Ogre

Post by LadySabelle » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:36 pm

Unless I specifically state that my information is directly from Valoria, my comments are just my own opinions.
http://ladysabelledesigns.com/

pacarat
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by pacarat » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:32 pm

LadySabelle wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:55 pm
Chuck has been working very hard at getting everything sorted out in customer support. If you still have any issues or haven't heard back from CS since he started working, drop him a line. He'll make sure you get taken care of. He's got my insider knowledge to draw from too, along with the rest of the DF team. I'm just easier to access than the others. ;)
What is Chuck's contact info?

LadySabelle
Ogre
Ogre

Post by LadySabelle » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:42 pm

The factory is sending replacement pieces directly to Chuck. He double checks them and then ships them out. (It's a good thing that he does check. He's had a few wrong replacement pieces come through a second time.) We had to use my PayPal account to print the labels on this last lot of pieces. Sorry for any confusion. The factory labels with the DF logo should have still been on them though.
Unless I specifically state that my information is directly from Valoria, my comments are just my own opinions.
http://ladysabelledesigns.com/

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:32 pm

Wait, are replacement pieces coming out of UT now the Chuck is working for DF, or are they coming from the main warehouse?
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

geekjeff
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by geekjeff » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:41 am

William wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:31 am
Sure wish I was geeky enough to receive unexpected packages of Dwarvenite or even lousy old resin. ;)

EDIT - Guess it could be Jeffy enough? :)
It was actually just some replacement Castle bits, because I totally forgot to put in a request for missing/damaged parts way back 10 months ago. Something about another Kickstarter going on.

Although I'd never say no to random Dwarvenite in the mail!

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:31 am

Sure wish I was geeky enough to receive unexpected packages of Dwarvenite or even lousy old resin. ;)

EDIT - Guess it could be Jeffy enough? :)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

geekjeff
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by geekjeff » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:21 am

LadySabelle wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:55 pm
Chuck has been working very hard at getting everything sorted out in customer support. If you still have any issues or haven't heard back from CS since he started working, drop him a line. He'll make sure you get taken care of. He's got my insider knowledge to draw from too, along with the rest of the DF team. I'm just easier to access than the others. ;)
It was weird getting an unexpected package from LadySabelle Designs, I was boggled - "What is this? I didn't order anything from Michelle..."

Then I open it and my wife groans "More Dwarven Forge? Of course. That's what my house needs." I think she may have sprained something rolling her eyes.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:09 am

666 is a post number that deserved something special. Maybe for post 1000?

I do believe I wasted my post 666 on nothing special.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria