DF's July 2019 build of the month using Erinthor

patransom
Orc
Orc

Re: DF's July 2019 build of the month using Erinthor

Post by patransom » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:50 pm

natetaylor wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:01 pm
The write-up is coming with the next issue of Dwarven Quarterly, later this month. I've made a few tweaks and the written encounter is even more lively than in the video.
Excellent. I think this will make a nice side quest for my current game.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:14 pm

I also look forward to the tiles. Trays are fine also.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by zenako » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:03 pm

natetaylor wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:01 pm
patransom wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:18 am
Nate mentions in the video that there's an "official adventure writeup" linked in the bio, but I didn't see it.
The write-up is coming with the next issue of Dwarven Quarterly, later this month. I've made a few tweaks and the written encounter is even more lively than in the video.

As for the boat and minis, I figured people would use whatever they had on hand.
Excellent, and looking forward to seeing the next Quarterly. As for builds, for me the build is the tiles, the monsters, characters and accessories are just stuff for color and taste.

natetaylor
Ogre
Ogre

Post by natetaylor » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:01 pm

patransom wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:18 am
Nate mentions in the video that there's an "official adventure writeup" linked in the bio, but I didn't see it.

As for the boat and minis, I figured people would use whatever they had on hand.

szabbran
Orc
Orc

Post by szabbran » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:37 pm

I must have missed the announcement that they were starting these builds of the month, but I think they're a great idea. And the fact that they tell new (and existing customers) exactly what to buy to get those encounters is great. But echoing what others have said... trying to plan around available stock may be a bit of a challenge...

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:59 am

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:58 am
.... But will help sell a build :)
And possibly some Kobolds. ;)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:58 am

kodiakbear wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:43 am
It would be a lot harder for DF to do them, but for these monthly builds if they used a set such as the Erinthor Mountains and next month they did a build with Erinthor Mountains plus one other set such as The Menagerie, and in the third month they did a build with The Menagerie plus one other set and so on and so on.

The idea being that if you owned both sets you could build the monthly build and if you just bought the one for last month’s build you would be using it in this month’s build also. If you were temped enough by a month's build to buy a set you knew you would already have it for next month’s build and if you liked that build but did not have the new set that was used you would want it for next monthes build also.

This of course requires DF to have things in stock but since they know what they are going to use in each monthes build they can either get it in to stock or they can just choose sets that are in stock.

By the way if you did not notice Erinthor Mountains Sets and Kobold Tribes happen to be in stock.

Would be fascinated to know if DF have coordinated it this way.

Makes soooo much sense to do the monthly build with what you happen to have in stock - especially stock that is not selling as well as others :)

We also think that the build is the terrain and minis are transient. But will help sell a build :)
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:43 am

It would be a lot harder for DF to do them, but for these monthly builds if they used a set such as the Erinthor Mountains and next month they did a build with Erinthor Mountains plus one other set such as The Menagerie, and in the third month they did a build with The Menagerie plus one other set and so on and so on.

The idea being that if you owned both sets you could build the monthly build and if you just bought the one for last month’s build you would be using it in this month’s build also. If you were temped enough by a month's build to buy a set you knew you would already have it for next month’s build and if you liked that build but did not have the new set that was used you would want it for next monthes build also.

This of course requires DF to have things in stock but since they know what they are going to use in each monthes build they can either get it in to stock or they can just choose sets that are in stock.

By the way if you did not notice Erinthor Mountains Sets and Kobold Tribes happen to be in stock.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:30 pm

William wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:07 pm
Nate does not know non-theatrical. So, there you are. :|
Good point.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

realarete
Orc
Orc

Post by realarete » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:31 pm

William wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:07 pm
Nate does not know non-theatrical. So, there you are. :|
Fair point William! Tbf I love watching any "walk-through" by Nate. Maybe they should call these "Encounters of the month" ... Kobolds always "SHIFTING" into the spotlight ;)

Return to “Post-Campaign Topics”