Large Crenellations

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Large Crenellations

Post by jchunick » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:25 pm

I was just about going to create a new thread about Large Crenelations, but lo and behold!... one already exists.

I somehow missed getting them during the Kickstarter and have regretted it ever since. One of my first builds with Castles required them and I didn't have any but the small ones.

I'm rather disappointed that these have never been added to the store and have continually been forgotten about.

I may just have to sculpt and cast my own.
If you aren't gaming then you aren't living.

Null
Orc
Orc

Post by Null » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:23 pm

I found the large round battlements to be too big and clumsy. The large round crenellations appeal to my sense of scale more. I've been wanting a couple more large towers, but I keep holding out for crenellations to top them with.

Riley
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Riley » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:24 am

Archimagus wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:28 pm
Weird thing is it has been asked about but never did get a reason they do not show up at all in the store. Are they going to restock them or not? I would love to get a few more.
Have large tower crenellations really never been available in the store? Wow.

I have one set, but I bought them in the initial KS.

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:54 pm

dice4hire wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:52 pm
Makes me wonder if they had manufacturing problems with them.

Or maybe they just slipped through the cracks when ordering.
I wouldn't doubt the latter, that was a monstrous KS.
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:52 pm

Makes me wonder if they had manufacturing problems with them.

Or maybe they just slipped through the cracks when ordering.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Archimagus
Orc
Orc

Post by Archimagus » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:28 pm

Weird thing is it has been asked about but never did get a reason they do not show up at all in the store. Are they going to restock them or not? I would love to get a few more.

Blue Prophet
Orc
Orc

Post by Blue Prophet » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:05 pm

I had no idea those were not available in the store.

I haven't had the funds or chance to assess what I need to get to supplement the smallish Castles stuff I have. Those basic large round crenellations were definitely on my list. I want options and those are great. They were featured heavily in the campaign too.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:42 am

Talistran wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:27 pm
NiandoBG wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:46 pm
Riley wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:11 pm
(If we somehow get DF to notice these and restock them, can we also get some KS5 Diagonal Walls?!? I want to break up all the right angles in my dungeons.)
I asked customer support already some time ago about theses pieces. (Large crenellations)
They said they will put it on the list to discuss for the next castle restock which is not defined/scheduled yet.. :!:

So let’s buy more castle stuff to get a new castle restock... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Which is a ludicrous idea, right? "Please buy castle stuff you don't need and MAYBE we'll restock the castle stuff you do need."

I really wish that DF recognize that even if they can't afford to keep things in stock, they CAN take deposits and order things if the demand is there. Put on their website a product and take a deposit for it that says that if we receive a deposit on 500 sets, it will be ordered. If shipping is a problem, give a date that the deposits need to be in for several different sets.

For instance, if I knew that DF needed to order 100 crenellation sets, I would find 50 people to order 2 sets. Heck, if I could only find 30 people, I would probably buy 40 sets myself and sell them later JUST to get them produced.

Frustrating.

And just to throw a rock in Burning Rabbit knickers, I'll mention water tiles. If DF would produce new water tiles, I personally would purchase 1000 (one thousand) sets and do all the selling for them to make it risk free. ;) If it is more than 1000 needed to make it worthwhile, tell me the number and we can talk.
No need to throw rocks!

We have been pushing your cause in the questionnaire

Just prefer they did not go over old ground (or water in this case) and put their efforts into completely new sculpts especially if they do as doofers been asking make the Kickstarters smaller.

Much less appeal for another way to do water that we already have, in both negative space and tiles, over something completely new. But there is a strong desire in this forum for them and having these in a KS means its not going to get expensive for us.

We managed to get all our 6" crenulations during the KS as they are much better aesthetically than battlements
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:42 pm

Talistran wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:10 pm
I've made the offer a time or three on their forums. *Shrug*.

I doubt they would initiate a big business deal over forum comments. I mean based on my forum comments I am a huge sentient bear who lives in a cave. As if we live in caves anymore, laughable.

Talistran
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Talistran » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:10 pm

kodiakbear wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:35 pm
Talistran wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:27 pm
If DF would produce new water tiles, I personally would purchase 1000 (one thousand) sets and do all the selling for them to make it risk free. ;) If it is more than 1000 needed to make it worthwhile, tell me the number and we can talk.
I have often wondered if I was stinking rich and wanted a Dwarvenite set, such as a new set of Ancient Greek tiles that worked well with Realm of the Ancients how much of an investment it would take for DF to do it. If you are actually serious about the water tiles and not just talking/wishing you should formally talk to Dwarven Forge and see. Perhaps the water add-on would forever be known as The Tides of Talistran.
I've made the offer a time or three on their forums. *Shrug*.

Return to “Post-Campaign Topics”