none of Erin's mountains off in the distance either

ok I'll stop now.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

period3
Orc
Orc

Re: New Castle Builds in Webstore

Post by period3 » Fri May 31, 2019 9:37 am

One thing I noticed when comparing to the older packs: there's no floors with these new sets. If you're buying these kits, don't forget to add some floor packs from the shop->castle builder section.

MrMorden
Ogre
Ogre

Post by MrMorden » Fri May 31, 2019 7:49 am

GardenDM wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 11:27 am
MrMorden wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 10:13 am
I missed the castle KS and have been wanting to buy in. But looking at the prices on the new sets, I think it makes sense for me to just buy a Grand Citadel + add ons or a Royal Stronghold. I think that will end up being cheaper.
I picked up the Grand Citadel plus some add-ons (parapets, crenelations, tower walls, etc.) and it's provided me a lot of flexibility for different builds, particularly since I have plenty of City Builder to integrate into it.
That was my thinking...use the CBS pieces in the courtyard instead of the big main building built into the aroyal Stronghold.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Fri May 31, 2019 4:07 am

Does this mean existing owners of mismatched rampart crenellation and 4X curved battlements - which we think is everyone who bought them prior to this week get free replacements ?

Because that will be a lot of replacements!

We got .... well a lot of battlements and crenellations, not entirely sure we could store all the replacements, round battlements are a pain to store. We predict a glut of old battlements and crenellations on ebay ;)
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Fri May 31, 2019 1:02 am

NiandoBG wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 12:02 pm
These new sets are really cool.

I wished I had waited to buy my castle stuff and could do this now ;)

Highlights are for me the corner stair solutions. Oh man, you get so many straight stairs compared to the existing product line...I’m so jealous..
The old add on stair pack is quite expensive and has only 2! straight stone stairs..
I was trying to figure out how I got eight of them.... I see each pledge level that qualified for stretch goals came with at least one straight stone stair (in the stretch goals). Of those that didn't qualify the Royal Stronghold has eight and the Count's Castle has five. Only the Sorcerer's Stronghold and the Wizard's Outpost did not have any. The Grand Citadel has two with the pledge set and four x stretch goals so it came with 6 in total. None of the other sets came with the straight stairs in the core pledge they got theirs from stretch goals.

My eight came from Grand Citadel and a Castle Stair pack.

edit: Watchtower had different stretch goal pack... but it had one in the core pledge.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Fri May 31, 2019 12:41 am

I see them now, but did not see them before. Wonder why..... but they are there now, and that is nice to know. I hope it helps them sell a lot. Free pieces should.

Greg-Summoner of Sysuul
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Greg-Summoner of Sysuul » Thu May 30, 2019 11:19 pm

The replacement parts are listed in a paragraph directly over the breakdown of the included pieces on the shop page. As an example, The Necromancer Keep says:

“In addition to the pieces below, this set also includes an ancillary pack of 5X small curved crenellations, 1X small curved trap door crenellation, 2X battlement transition/right, 2X battlement transition/left, 3X flagstone floor, 2X straight battlement, 2X corner battlement, 4X curved battlement, 4X large curved battlement -- included at no additional charge -- because there was a color mismatch in the original set.”

When I ordered, the replacement set just appeared in my cart as “Free” and said:

1x Necromancer's Keep Replacement Set Pack - (100% off) for $0.00 each.

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Thu May 30, 2019 11:07 pm

All I see on that page is what I saw previously:

"When you add any of these items to your cart, a Replacement Parts set will also be automatically added to your cart to replace pieces that were painted (or cast) in a different shade. You will receive the original pieces as well as the replacement pieces - extras!"

This doesn't explain exactly which pieces are replaced.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Thu May 30, 2019 10:51 pm

your post seems to hint there is, but i am not seeing it. Is there an actual list of the items that were replaced. I am still not seeing it. Ill look later once I am on a computer with a real monitor.

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by zenako » Thu May 30, 2019 10:17 pm

You have to get there by going to the home page and then to the recent posts and select the Construct a Castle post, then click on the link in the first paragraph and there you are...

or just click on this link..

https://shop.dwarvenforge.com/collectio ... le-painted

Return to “Post-Campaign Topics”