New Castle Builds in Webstore

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: New Castle Builds in Webstore

Post by dice4hire » Thu May 30, 2019 9:36 pm

Where is the collections page? I dont see anything by that name.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by zenako » Thu May 30, 2019 5:15 pm

I noticed on the Collections page that there is a description of the bonus items that come with each kit. Basically, there was a color mismatch with pretty much all of the Crenelations it appears, so you are going to be getting the new ones and old ones sent along for free. DF has found a way to take a bad issue and generate some goodwill, by sending buyers free stuff that probably could be repainted to match, if it really bothers them, but in any case, you get a handful of free dwarvenite and they don't clutter their warehouse with factory seconds. (Which might incur various complications if they tried to just sell the "defective" product with respect to any production guarantees they have with the factory.)

period3
Orc
Orc

Post by period3 » Thu May 30, 2019 5:09 pm

The square towers come with two sets of the stairs. That's probably not a solution for you though, unless you were already wanting square towers... https://shop.dwarvenforge.com/collectio ... 7517893735

NiandoBG wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 12:02 pm
These new sets are really cool.

I wished I had waited to buy my castle stuff and could do this now ;)

Highlights are for me the corner stair solutions. Oh man, you get so many straight stairs compared to the existing product line...I’m so jealous..
The old add on stair pack is quite expensive and has only 2! straight stone stairs..

Beside this I hoped as others for a add-on Gatehouse. The postern Gate House is nice for beginners but if you have already a lot of castle stuff and you don’t need more straight walls than it is not an “easy buy”

IMO the necormancers castle is tempting especially because you get 8 new corner walls !!!

I will wait what the KS6.66 and the pathfinder modules will be before to decide wether I’m going to expand my castle or not...

Like a wise king said “As long as someone will lend you gold your castle will never be big enough”

NiandoBG
Orc
Orc

Post by NiandoBG » Thu May 30, 2019 12:02 pm

These new sets are really cool.

I wished I had waited to buy my castle stuff and could do this now ;)

Highlights are for me the corner stair solutions. Oh man, you get so many straight stairs compared to the existing product line...I’m so jealous..
The old add on stair pack is quite expensive and has only 2! straight stone stairs..

Beside this I hoped as others for a add-on Gatehouse. The postern Gate House is nice for beginners but if you have already a lot of castle stuff and you don’t need more straight walls than it is not an “easy buy”

IMO the necormancers castle is tempting especially because you get 8 new corner walls !!!

I will wait what the KS6.66 and the pathfinder modules will be before to decide wether I’m going to expand my castle or not...

Like a wise king said “As long as someone will lend you gold your castle will never be big enough”
more than 2,800 self painted dwarvenite pieces :)

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Thu May 30, 2019 11:27 am

MrMorden wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 10:13 am
I missed the castle KS and have been wanting to buy in. But looking at the prices on the new sets, I think it makes sense for me to just buy a Grand Citadel + add ons or a Royal Stronghold. I think that will end up being cheaper.
I picked up the Grand Citadel plus some add-ons (parapets, crenelations, tower walls, etc.) and it's provided me a lot of flexibility for different builds, particularly since I have plenty of City Builder to integrate into it.

MrMorden
Ogre
Ogre

Post by MrMorden » Thu May 30, 2019 10:13 am

I missed the castle KS and have been wanting to buy in. But looking at the prices on the new sets, I think it makes sense for me to just buy a Grand Citadel + add ons or a Royal Stronghold. I think that will end up being cheaper.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Thu May 30, 2019 9:07 am

Yesm inventory lists would be much appreciated
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Thu May 30, 2019 9:00 am

Only the painted sets have the note on the product page (I have not ordered any). So my guess is a paint error and you don't get them if you order unpainted. I do not know, just guessing. Anyone order unpainted and get them?

Someone post pics when you get them! Please!

Glendel
Orc
Orc

Post by Glendel » Thu May 30, 2019 8:30 am

Exactly. That is the problem I have right now. Buy 1 small and 1 large break out kit. Now I can take out 4 corner towers. No way to get 8 outside corners. I don't want to buy 2 Corner Wall kits for the 8 walls to be honest. I will have to look into trading/buying or crafting my own I suppose. As it is I will be at the $3.2k mark for unpainted on the new CaC layouts they have provided us with.
period3 wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 8:06 am
kodiakbear wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 1:24 am
I keep wondering if DF will make a inside corner castle wall kit in the future.
An outer kit would be nice too. Anyone who bought any kind of castle with corner towers didn't get any outer corners on the corners that had towers, and the tower breakout kits didn't include them either. The only way to get outer corners that I can see is buying the current corner kit with lots of extra inner corners, or a whole castle.

period3
Orc
Orc

Post by period3 » Thu May 30, 2019 8:06 am

kodiakbear wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 1:24 am
I keep wondering if DF will make a inside corner castle wall kit in the future.
An outer kit would be nice too. Anyone who bought any kind of castle with corner towers didn't get any outer corners on the corners that had towers, and the tower breakout kits didn't include them either. The only way to get outer corners that I can see is buying the current corner kit with lots of extra inner corners, or a whole castle.

Return to “Post-Campaign Topics”