Shop menu and Castle Construction link

Calsial
Goblin
Goblin

Re: Shop menu and Castle Construction link

Post by Calsial » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:26 am

On the note of the shop menus, is the painted Watchtower Set going to be added back to the Castle Builder Painted Listing as well as the Starter Sets Painted Listing? Or has the set been discontinued? I've been sitting on my Construct a Castle Order for a few weeks now to add a painted Watchtower and have everything ship together.

blakoutsun
Goblin
Goblin

Post by blakoutsun » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:33 am

I agree that the CaC sets aren't conveniently located. I imagine that will get fixed after the KS ends.

blakoutsun
Goblin
Goblin

Post by blakoutsun » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:31 am

zenako wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:35 pm
I picked up the Postern Gate to augment the other gate I had from a while back. Wanted to have two such gates and even had a reason to use both in gaming yesterday, as I had both facing each other with a 40' wide chasm between each gate. When the draw bridges are lowered, a "safe path" now exists to cross the deep chasm.
That is a great way to use two drawbridges. I might have to purchase a second now.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:27 am

Totally agree, just went to try to find them and the only we found them was under recent posts!

On a slightly related note: the live stream mentioned the website overhaull again - hopfully in the future updates like this will be easier.
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:10 am

I agree, the castle builds are hard to find
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by zenako » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:36 pm

I also 100% agree that DF needs to get the CaC section in their normal shop page listing ASAP! It is foolish from a marketing standpoint to make it so hard to get to that page.

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by zenako » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:35 pm

The Postern Gate is an excellent starting point from all the offerings in the CaC page. I would also recommend the Watch Tower in the normal Castle setup. Both of those can work on their own with very little other Castle parts needed. I picked up the Postern Gate to augment the other gate I had from a while back. Wanted to have two such gates and even had a reason to use both in gaming yesterday, as I had both facing each other with a 40' wide chasm between each gate. When the draw bridges are lowered, a "safe path" now exists to cross the deep chasm. The characters managed to defeat the guardians on one side (coming from the backside) and will have to figure out the best way to get the other side to lower their gate (or to force it down) next session.

Ken Mattson
Goblin
Goblin

Shop menu and Castle Construction link

Post by Ken Mattson » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:30 pm

Would it be possible to add the castle construction page to the shop drop-down menu ? I had the devil of a time remembering how to get back to where I could actually go place an order for the new sets. Anyone new to DF who just clicks the shop link will get the drop-down menu, but it only has the painted/unpainted section for castles, not the new stuff. Chasing links from the front page probably isn't the best way to direct people there.

I'm going to buy a Postern Gate soon, can't wait to get it and see if I want to delve deeper into castles, this will be my first purchase in this line.

Return to “Post-Campaign Topics”