Pledge Manager Clarity Needs

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Pledge Manager Clarity Needs

Post by bernyleung » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:10 am

Storage? At this price point, I'll keep them built and show of the diorama 100% of the time! Take the pieces I need for the game at the moment, and when the game Is over, *BAM* it turns into a Royal Stronghold again!

zoroaster100
Ogre
Ogre

Post by zoroaster100 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:51 pm

The top things I need clarity on in order to finalize my pledge are:

1) What can I do with my Grand Citadel/Royal Stronghold pledge in terms of separating the towers or adding more towers if I don't get the tower break out packs and/or tower to wall transition pack (tower break in pack), and what can I do if I get 1 such pack, or 2 such packs.

2) What crenellations and battlements packs do I need in order to cover a Citadel with no towers, a Grand Citadel, or a Royal Stronghold with single thickness walls? What do I need to cover those with crenellations, or with single sided battlements on the outside and single sided crenellations on the inside, if I create them with double thickness walls.

3) What are all the transition pieces for crenellations and battlements and what is each useful for?

Audles
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Audles » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:45 pm

Where is the info on how the corner walls work? I can't find the thread, but swear it was around here. Basically just need to visualize how the Corner Wall packs work - need to figure out if the Castle pledge level is superior to building things more slowly over time. Thanks!

ubik2000
Kobold
Kobold

Post by ubik2000 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:51 pm

I'd like to see some examples of a square keep, made of CBS pieces or castle pieces (or both!) incorporated into a standard Citadel or Castle layout. I'm having trouble figuring out how that would work.

KenCOWrite
Kobold
Kobold

Post by KenCOWrite » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:13 pm

I will second the need for how to do crenellations on a double thick wall - need them one sided or you have an odd u-shape of battlements, and then an open space on the side half.

DeGazio
Kobold
Kobold

Post by DeGazio » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:36 am

We should have the option to pay for the Stretch Goal Freebies as a package.
DF still gets the money and support, it's no longer a freebie, but those wanting the RS can get the benefit of the Stretch Goals without having to buy something they don't want in order to get them. Everyone is happy!

GX.Sigma
Goblin
Goblin

Post by GX.Sigma » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:55 am

I'm confused about the height of the 2x2" walls in the Stone Advanced Builder set.

It comes with "risers" for the regular 4" walls. From what I can figure out, the tall corner posts are the equivalent height of two walls and a floor. The riser is the height of a floor thickness. So, you would stack two normal city builder walls and the riser, and it would be the right height to fit the tall corner posts (flush with the gatehouse ceiling, or a two-storey KS3 building). This is shown in the barbican photo earlier in this thread. This is awesome so far.

The problem is, according to the graphic on the addons page, the Stone Advanced Builder set does not include risers for the new 2" walls. Are these walls the same height as normal city builder walls? If so, without a riser, they won't reach the top of the tall corner posts. Or are they tall enough to reach the required height without a riser (i.e., each one is actually the height of a KS3 wall + half a floor thickness)? If so, it will be too tall for a normal corner post. Either way, modularity suffers.

Or is the graphic incorrect, and there will be 2" risers included?

gkramer
Kobold
Kobold

Post by gkramer » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:54 pm

GX.Sigma wrote:I'm confused about the height of the 2x2" walls in the Stone Advanced Builder set.
That is a great question, and points to something that I didn't even think of during the Kickstarter. I wish this question had come up then.

The 2x2 walls are labeled as "short", which led me to believe they were old CBS height.

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:05 pm

gkramer wrote:
GX.Sigma wrote:I'm confused about the height of the 2x2" walls in the Stone Advanced Builder set.
That is a great question, and points to something that I didn't even think of during the Kickstarter. I wish this question had come up then.

The 2x2 walls are labeled as "short", which led me to believe they were old CBS height.
I'm 99% sure the walls are CBS height -- seems like they're designed to go with the new floor. The point is that now you'll have a 2x4 floor and posts at each corner. The CBS insert walls will fit fine in the 4" side, but there is a need for a wall to slot into the 2" side. This. . . is that wall. (dramatic music)

Seems to be a combo requested by people who wanted a smaller footprint for CBS builds.

lostpict
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by lostpict » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:16 pm

It would be awesome if DF offered CBS style walls that are 4" tall (including the floor) and fit between tall CBS pillars. A solid wall, a wall with arrowslits, a wall with tall abbey windows, a wall with a normal door, and a wall with a large double wide door (wood and iron grate variants) would enable all kinds of awesome keep builds. (OBTW, I know we are supposed to be talking about KS4 demos, but these would just rock!)
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

Return to “Post-Campaign Topics”