PM invites out for anyone yet?

mcmonte
Goblin
Goblin

Re: PM invites out for anyone yet?

Post by mcmonte » Fri May 06, 2016 7:37 pm

I didn't receive my invitation e-mail to the pledge manager, but was able to log in through pledgemanager.com manually.

When is the due date to lock in our pledges?

Audles
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Audles » Thu May 05, 2016 6:01 pm

papasnewbag wrote:
ubik2000 wrote:In fact - is it me or are the Rampart/Castle Double Thick Wall packs slightly mispriced? Cube Spacer + Wall Platform painted are $65 - one dollar less than Rampart Double Thick Walls pack which has two less cube spacers.
Not just you; I'd made the same observation. I had the Ramparts Double Thick Wall pack in my pledge just to get some cubes and platforms. And now I can get 2 more cubes for $1 less. So I've modified my pledge to adapt. No reason to get the pack as it was.
That kind of seems like an oversight though. I wonder why that is?

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Thu May 05, 2016 5:42 pm

Definitely something everyone should look at, compare the larger packs with smaller packs to make up a similar number of items. Can be some good savings there.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

papasnewbag

Post by papasnewbag » Thu May 05, 2016 5:40 pm

ubik2000 wrote:In fact - is it me or are the Rampart/Castle Double Thick Wall packs slightly mispriced? Cube Spacer + Wall Platform painted are $65 - one dollar less than Rampart Double Thick Walls pack which has two less cube spacers.
Not just you; I'd made the same observation. I had the Ramparts Double Thick Wall pack in my pledge just to get some cubes and platforms. And now I can get 2 more cubes for $1 less. So I've modified my pledge to adapt. No reason to get the pack as it was.

Mobius
Orc
Orc

Post by Mobius » Thu May 05, 2016 4:53 pm

dice4hire wrote:I am very happy with the arch walls. They will be great for separating rooms in one-story builds. 8 is not too much with how many floors I have. Plus they are stone, which is great. I am not a fan of tudor pieces.
That's a great idea. My one nit-pick is they would be better for interior room dividers without that small raised lip on the bottom. I find they make it look more like a giant window instead of an arched doorway. I suppose I could trim them off, although they might be necessary to keep he arches from warping.

Audles
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Audles » Thu May 05, 2016 4:41 pm

dice4hire wrote:I am very happy with the arch walls. They will be great for separating rooms in one-story builds. 8 is not too much with how many floors I have. Plus they are stone, which is great. I am not a fan of tudor pieces.
Oh that's a good point, I hadn't really thought of them as internal walls for some reason. Okay, that makes a bit more sense...

**thinks about updating pledge, slaps hand violently**

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Thu May 05, 2016 4:33 pm

I am very happy with the arch walls. They will be great for separating rooms in one-story builds. 8 is not too much with how many floors I have. Plus they are stone, which is great. I am not a fan of tudor pieces.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

geekjeff
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by geekjeff » Thu May 05, 2016 4:31 pm

You should be able to get by doing Double Thick walls without the corner posts if you use 4x8 roof platforms in the corners. Just a Roof Platform pack and some Cube Spacers should allow you to do partial double thick stuff, and then you get some 8x8 platforms too.

Better to have the set with the posts too if you can swing it, but there are other workable options.

Audles
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Audles » Thu May 05, 2016 4:22 pm

Yeah, the arch walls are weird. Chalking them up to something I'm hoping to get at GenCon 2017.

ubik2000
Kobold
Kobold

Post by ubik2000 » Thu May 05, 2016 3:52 pm

Oh god, the Reckoning has arrived.

I want some of the CBS Arch walls, but 8 seems like waaaay more than I could ever use. I was hoping for a CBS Abbey Windows pack too, which didn't make it. I suppose 2 Arch Walls and 6 abbey windows would be too much to hope for? I know, I know, you're never going to please everyone...

I'm also struggling with double thick walls. At most I'd want one double wall side for the GC, to make an ersatz keep - but there's not an easy way to do it, mostly because there's no easy way to get those corner posts. I guess you can fudge it with some of stretch goal pieces.

In fact - is it me or are the Rampart/Castle Double Thick Wall packs slightly mispriced? Cube Spacer + Wall Platform painted are $65 - one dollar less than Rampart Double Thick Walls pack which has two less cube spacers.

Return to “Post-Campaign Topics”