Castle Builds

Blue Prophet
Orc
Orc

Re: Castle Builds

Post by Blue Prophet » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:14 pm

@Himajin: Very nice. That's pretty much been my plan, Count's Castle supplemented with a few things. Maybe over time buy extras to build a bigger castle. You have more CBS than me though, and 12 open street tiles?

I think a grassy central courtyard looks good with larger castles, but smaller ones like this with it's keep look good with paved floors. I'd love to have a good looking gridded grass mat someday for games that need the grid.

Arcarius2001
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Arcarius2001 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:19 pm

@Himajin: Wow!!! That is gorgeous! What a great setup and pics! Thanks for the post!!

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:28 am

I am weeping with gratitude - this is another one of those sets of pics I've been DYING to see, because this is the same kind of thing I am dying to try myself. Two things: changing up the castle by building a CBS keep inside the walls, and showing off the same castle with different style roof pieces.

This looks AMAZING. The conical roofs look fantastic on this build. And the inner keep gives it real heft. Absolutely fantastic.

Himajin
Orc
Orc

Post by Himajin » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:01 am

Thanks for the kind words. I mostly edit out the background so it isn't obvious how cluttered my gaming space is :)
I'm looking forward to seeing what other variations I can put together with the tiles I have, and I'll definitely have to run a siege battle with lots of figures on both sides one of these days.

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:12 am

Damn Himajin, this build makes me wish I had robbed a bank last year. 8-)
I love how you always do the quality touches for your pictures, by setting up a scene with greenery and then clean up the background. I had to go get the larger versions on Imgur. What about seeing it populated?
Very, very nice, thank you for posting. :D
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:02 am

Awesome Build Himajin!
Agree crenelations look better than battlements - maybe double thick walls with battlements will look good - hope to find out sometime ;)
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by bernyleung » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:49 am

Great builds, Himajin! The more I see of them, the more I like the looks of towers with round crenellations as opposed to full battlements. It's one of the first things I will buy from the DF store once KS4 items are available there.

Himajin
Orc
Orc

Post by Himajin » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:35 am

I finally had a chance to play around with my castle builder tiles, so I thought I'd post a few pics. Other than a few small issues, I'm really happy with how they turned out.

These builds are based on a Count's Castle pledge which I enhanced with a couple of Straight Wall packs and a crenellation pack, as well as a pair of Wizard's Outposts. That means I only have small towers and no battlements, but I'm happy with the choices I made for the most part. I just wish I could have grabbed some of the small batter base packs, but my budget didn't stretch that far.

Here is the basic castle without anything inside. I used a few of the Double Thick Wall Pack pieces to make some extra stairways on the sides, and I filled in the middle with street tiles:

Next, I used the Stone Advanced Builder set along with some City Builder tiles to build a keep:

I used some more Double Thick Wall Pack pieces and KS3 crenellations to make another defensive wall out front, featuring Griffin Tamer's Giant's Gate.

And here's the castle with round roofs, for a slightly different look:

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Fri May 26, 2017 3:38 pm

I;ll be combing over pix for weeks...after I get my stuff...

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delenda Sunt
WeaselWarGod

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Fri May 26, 2017 8:58 am

Agreed! I'm loving all the pics and layouts people have posted - I refresh this page about once per hour just greedy for more. Despite the reports of a few issues with the set, I think Castles is a really phenomenal addition and I cannot WAIT to finally get mine!

Return to “Post-Campaign Topics”