Castle Builds

jonmilton
Orc
Orc

Re: Castle Builds

Post by jonmilton » Thu May 11, 2017 12:35 pm

That is absolutely amazing. I would never be able to paint that much plastic though.

dreamlifter
Goblin
Goblin

Post by dreamlifter » Thu May 11, 2017 12:33 pm

Dolken wrote:
Thu May 11, 2017 12:02 pm
Hi,

After opening, counting and building for 12 hours :? this is about were I am at ..... hope you guys like it .... please ignore the boxes and random pieces please..... :oops:

well here is the builds of the defensive walls.....
20170511_104912_resized_1.jpg

Still have so much more to open.... :? ... I hope to be able to post Complete build by Friday morning...

Dolken
Hi Dolken,
This a castle style I was looking at with long walls plus square and round towers. Would you mind listing the packages that you used on forums or pm. I probably won't get my stuff till june or May 26th because I am on vacation. This would help me to figure out if I had roughly enough items. I think others might appreciate that also, so they can begin to plan for future enhancement of their set-up.

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Thu May 11, 2017 12:07 pm

That's friggen sweet Dolken.
Can't wait to see it "complete?".
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

Dolken
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Dolken » Thu May 11, 2017 12:02 pm

Hi,

After opening, counting and building for 12 hours :? this is about were I am at ..... hope you guys like it .... please ignore the boxes and random pieces please..... :oops:

well here is the builds of the defensive walls.....
20170511_104912_resized_1.jpg
20170511_104912_resized_1.jpg (93.45 KiB) Viewed 3796 times

Still have so much more to open.... :? ... I hope to be able to post Complete build by Friday morning...

Dolken

Arcarius2001
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Arcarius2001 » Wed May 10, 2017 7:29 pm

These pics are utterly fantastic! Thanks, Bart!! I can hardly wait for my sets to arrive (although no shipping notice yet).
And totally agree about the use of floors for docks, brilliant!

dreamlifter
Goblin
Goblin

Post by dreamlifter » Wed May 10, 2017 1:42 pm

bernyleung wrote:
Tue May 09, 2017 11:59 pm
Gotta have a portcullis. Although just about every time you see one in a movie, it never drops fast enough to prevent the escape of the protagonist/antagonist galloping away on a powerful steed. Funny that.
Maybe DF could make a special miniature that would fit quite nicely for the person that didn't get trapped or to the other side! :twisted:

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed May 10, 2017 7:23 am

Whilst both Drawbridge add-ons contain the Portcullis its interesting to note that The Citadel/GC battlements mega pack also contains the CBS Murder hole floor with slot for Portcullis deployment, but with sadly no actual Portcullis.
I am the Game and I want to Play

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by bernyleung » Tue May 09, 2017 11:59 pm

Gotta have a portcullis. Although just about every time you see one in a movie, it never drops fast enough to prevent the escape of the protagonist/antagonist galloping away on a powerful steed. Funny that.

Kryzsko
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Kryzsko » Tue May 09, 2017 11:34 pm

GODofwar wrote:
Sun May 07, 2017 10:52 pm
geekjeff wrote:
Sun May 07, 2017 9:54 pm
Stormfury wrote:
Sun May 07, 2017 9:20 pm

This was one of the things (maybe the only thing) that I thought was handled rather poorly. Something like a Portcullis is pretty standard to a castle, yet we had to add an expensive add-on for it. I really only wanted 3-4 pieces from that add-on but ended up buying it primarily for the portcullis. While I appreciate others may have wanted the other pieces. Forcing us to buy the add-on for the portcullis felt a bit money grab. It should have been included in the base gatehouse IMO, even if a stretch goal.

Seems a lot of folks are confused/unhappy to not have gotten one.
From conversations with Nate, I don't think it was a money thing at all but rather a matter of not wanting to include a piece that didn't work as intended in a given set. "What do I do with this piece? I have to take apart my gatehouse, slot it in, then reassamble? Then reverse the whole process?" Whereas with the Upgrade addon it works elegantly as intended. When they were planning out the Mega Battlements I suggested including it since it has a murderhole floor, but since there's not enough vertical clearance to use a portcullis properly there it was a no go.

I agree it would be nice if there was another way to obtain them. I'm gonna end up with 2 Gatehouses and only 1 Portcullis myself when it all arrives. Have to figure something out.
Unlike my usual pencil-whipping I did not calculate KS-4 to a gnat's butt...I needed to order a special kit to get the portcullis???

The Least Weasel
Totus KS delenda sunt
You need either the manual or electric drawbridge upgrade. If you ordered one of those two you got the portcullis.

Kryzsko
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Kryzsko » Tue May 09, 2017 11:29 pm

Your build looks fantastic. Keep up posting the pictures. I love getting inspiration while I wait for my sets.