Mangonel

The Gimper

Re: Mangonel

Post by The Gimper » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:04 pm

I can't see a way to fix it. The gear does not move independently of the arm. So you can't rotate the gear to line up. DF needs to reject the whole lot back to the factory. I've requested an address where I can return them to DF, do they can inspect them. Haven't heard back.

patransom
Goblin
Goblin

Post by patransom » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:47 pm

Both of mine (mispainted and replacement) have the same problem. I feel like there should be a way to fix this, but I haven't tried monkeying around with it yet.

unclebilly
Ogre
Ogre

Post by unclebilly » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:37 pm

The Gimper wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:34 pm
Has anyone else had a problem with the replacement mangonels not working properly? When the arm is fully retracted, the hook lever that’s supposed to lock the gear does not line up properly with the teeth of the gear. So the furthest the arm can be locked is about halfway down. There’s no way to adjust the position of the gear so that the hook lever lines up correctly. (The original mangonel, with the bad paint job, works properly.) When I received the first replacement, I notified Dwarven Forge, and they sent another replacement. Same problem. They sent a third replacement. Same problem. So, now I have three mangonels that don’t work properly, and one that works properly, but isn’t painted correctly. Since all three replacements have the exact same defect, I find it hard to believe that I’m the only person experiencing this issue. It seems likely that they have an entire lot with the same defect.
I thought it was just me not knowing how this thing worked. That is why I asked how it worked. So yea mine does the same thing.

The Gimper

Post by The Gimper » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:34 pm

Has anyone else had a problem with the replacement mangonels not working properly? When the arm is fully retracted, the hook lever that’s supposed to lock the gear does not line up properly with the teeth of the gear. So the furthest the arm can be locked is about halfway down. There’s no way to adjust the position of the gear so that the hook lever lines up correctly. (The original mangonel, with the bad paint job, works properly.) When I received the first replacement, I notified Dwarven Forge, and they sent another replacement. Same problem. They sent a third replacement. Same problem. So, now I have three mangonels that don’t work properly, and one that works properly, but isn’t painted correctly. Since all three replacements have the exact same defect, I find it hard to believe that I’m the only person experiencing this issue. It seems likely that they have an entire lot with the same defect.

Saxon1974
Orc
Orc

Post by Saxon1974 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:36 pm

Yea got my replacement. Much better paint job. My boys are launching rocks at soda cans in the kitchen since I now have two of these. Thanks DF!

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:52 pm

unclebilly wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:59 pm
I got my replacement today with the new paint job.It look a lot better. One thing how is this thing supposed to work. Is there a video of it in use ?
Put a rock in it, draw back and release. I modded mine slightly to make it more powerful by adding a 2nd elastic and twisting both. I'm currently sitting around a campfire at a Pancake Bay Provincial Park so won't be home for awhile to take any pics of the mangonel... so here's a pic of our campfire, instead.

Working a little magic for the kids ;-)
20170816_212820-756x1008.jpg
20170816_212820-756x1008.jpg (43 KiB) Viewed 3200 times
Last edited by jchunick on Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you aren't gaming then you aren't living.

unclebilly
Ogre
Ogre

Post by unclebilly » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:59 pm

I got my replacement today with the new paint job.It look a lot better. One thing how is this thing supposed to work. Is there a video of it in use ?

Saxon1974
Orc
Orc

Post by Saxon1974 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:08 pm

Spiropolous the Minotaur wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:39 pm
Saxon1974 wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:20 pm
Ah thanks Josh...The gray is heaped on pretty badly. As a kids toy it's not bad though lol
that was a mis-communication with the factory...we are sending you, and everyone a replacement...but keep the one you have compliments of us...retouch it, and you will have two!
Thank you, I have 3 boys so I'll let them fight over the extra!

Spiropolous the Minotaur
Orc
Orc

Post by Spiropolous the Minotaur » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:39 pm

Saxon1974 wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:20 pm
Ah thanks Josh...The gray is heaped on pretty badly. As a kids toy it's not bad though lol
that was a mis-communication with the factory...we are sending you, and everyone a replacement...but keep the one you have compliments of us...retouch it, and you will have two!

Saxon1974
Orc
Orc

Post by Saxon1974 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:20 pm