Lots of KS4 already sold out in store?

glynnsmith
Goblin
Goblin

Re: Lots of KS4 already sold out in store?

Post by glynnsmith » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:09 pm

jefflatt wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:18 pm
I probably should not be concerned, but with the inventory going as fast as it seems to be, this is my dilemma. I sent an email just under two weeks ago regarding a couple of pieces that were incorrectly packed and a few that are malfunctioning. Should I expect an email response? I know it is too soon to expect replacements but I want to make sure the email was received.
I have a couple issues I reported when I received it back in May. The factory missed adding my replacement pieces up to this point, but Suzy has been communicative and stated that she hopes they will be sending them soon. I would just make sure you communicate to Suzy (dwarvenforgeorders@gmail.com) the issue. If you used that email address, I would just follow up with her. She was very swamped wrapping up KS4 shipping /etc so may have just missed your email.

glynnsmith
Goblin
Goblin

Post by glynnsmith » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:04 pm

I didn't see email until about midnight - I was just refreshing the website every so often waiting to see it pop up. I missed the most important item I needed .. the "Corner Wall" set to get a couple more of the corner spacers so I could build out a keep similar to how the Royal Stronghold is fashioned.

If anyone has an extra set and wants to sell or trade for something else please let me know. Suzy said they will be ordering more inventory soon but she just stated that they hope to receive before the Christmas season.

zeepee
Kobold
Kobold

Post by zeepee » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:01 pm

jefflatt wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:18 pm
I probably should not be concerned, but with the inventory going as fast as it seems to be, this is my dilemma. I sent an email just under two weeks ago regarding a couple of pieces that were incorrectly packed and a few that are malfunctioning. Should I expect an email response? I know it is too soon to expect replacements but I want to make sure the email was received.
I wouldn't be to concerned, I think DF have saved enough pieces for mispacked orders.
But I would write Suzy at DF again regarding the mispacked pieces, I have written her 5-6 times the last two weeks and always got a response back within 48 hours.

Make sure you write to "dwarvenforgeorders@gmail.com" or "dwarvenforgeks4@gmail.com".

jefflatt
Goblin
Goblin

Post by jefflatt » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:18 pm

kmj9907
Orc
Orc

Post by kmj9907 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:31 pm

It was really nice of DF to give KS 4 backers first dibs. I only wish it had come out at a different time of year, since KS 5 has eaten my wallet... and Reaper Bones 4 starts on the 1st.

kodiakbear
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by kodiakbear » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:37 pm

I am not surprised some things are running out in the store already, with the low number of backers KS4 got it was one of at least two likely out comes.

Many people love their KS4 items and want to get more or get what they were not able to get last year and many people may have known that DF would get it in the store so they just waited till now to buy rather than getting into the KS for much.

The flip side is that if DF brought in tons of stock (like I think they did in the past) it could be sitting on the stock shelves for years if the backers of KS4 were not wanting more and the wait till it gets in the store crowd never showed up to buy it.

zeepee
Kobold
Kobold

Post by zeepee » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:53 pm

I think the demand on the Castles have been a lot bigger than expected.
Maybe many people miscalculated what they needed or couldn't get everything in one go during the Kickstarter.

During KS5, Stefan wrote this in the comments the 17th of June:
“I am so sorry about the delay in getting those castles delivered! All the pledges have been created by our factory + much more to have in the store, so don't worry about not getting your pledges...they have been boxed and shipped out. If there are any problems we have a lot of stock make sure you get anything that might have been mis-packed or what not...you will get your stuff:)”

Followed by this:
“we have a lot of stock TO make sure”

I have made two orders, since they opened up the Castles, first for some extra Erinthor Mountains sets, roof platforms and extra square towers (only missed out on courtyard floors), but I forgot to order some paints and some extra 1 inch tower floor extensions (miscalculated the tower floors). So I got back later to make another order.

Those two orders were 6 hours in between, but over 60 orders had gone in between them, if the order numbers from the confirmation mails are to be believed.

Riley
Orc
Orc

Post by Riley » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:50 pm

Well, I too hope there will be a restock.

Wasn't able to buy several desired items- most significantly painted long inside walls and ramparts inside walls.

nielsene
Orc
Orc

Post by nielsene » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:38 pm

I was hoping to pick up a royal stronghold as well, since after pricing out all the adds-ons I wanted it would have been very close, and much easier to select. Alas it was not an option, and with the long walls sold out, painted at least, the only other way to get them was a grand citadel, so I did that and then added on a large number of add-ons. Missed out on some pieces (and some had item order limits, that I wasn't going to be a jerk and try to do multiple orders to work around ) Hope they have a non-surplus restock planned.

zeepee
Kobold
Kobold

Post by zeepee » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:33 pm

unclebilly wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:58 am
I agree the Castles are nice if that is the thing you want. Myself having spent over 2k in each KS1-3 and almost 5k in KS5 . On the Castle KS4 I spent just a little over 1k and did not get a castle at all just a lot of stuff that could be used with KS1-3 a lot of it LED stuff. The Castle looks amazing but when it came down to it for the price I just did not see me laying it out on a table to be used. I play Pathfinder and KS1-2 are used most often where KS3 will not hit the table that often so I figured KS4 would be used even less. That and even looking at it during the campaign It was like what do I get even if I wanted it. But I am glad that the Counts Castle is not in stock I may have been compelled to buy one just for the hell of it now Hahah >:) .
I did just order one more Erinthor Mountains Set painted and a painted Necromancer Mega Pack. After seeing the Necro set being used in the Dungeon of Doom I just had to have one. The only thing I would like to pick up now is a Runic Theme Mega Pack but it is already out of stock.

I am probably in the minority, but I actually found KS3 and KS4 to be the most innovative in a long time and to me the best ones DF have produced through Kickstarters to date.
Now, I am an old resin collector and have had access to dungeons and caverns in a very long time.
For me the ability to quickly build houses, steets, alleys, sewers and now great city walls, forts, castles, towers and so on, has really pushed our Pathfinder gameplay a lot more into the cities and lesser into the dungeons.

Granted, we had the ability to build city houses with the old dungeon and MBS sets, but they are not great for the vertical builds and takes longer to put up, if you going for multiple houses.

I spent over four times the amount on KS3 and KS4, then I did on KS1, KS2 and KS5 combined.
To me KS5 did not bring much new to the table, except for the new traps, a few new vertical pieces like the bridge and stairs. The burrows were by far the greatest reveal of KS5 and the temple was also good, but again the old DOE resin pieces already goes a long way in the regard og evil temples.

So I am super excited that the Castles pieces sells well and now that Dwarven Forge got the molds, they can now produce/restock more pieces for the future without the need of KS funding.
I am really looking forward to see them slowly expanding City Builder and Castle Builder systems with future Kickstarters.. ;)