KS4 Replacement Pieces

DevGuy
Orc
Orc

Re: KS4 Replacement Pieces

Post by DevGuy » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:57 pm

Who did you email to get such a quick response Zen? I was in the middle of arranging some replacements with Suzy, bit since she left, not a single reply, and it's been a month now. We were in the middle of this thing then *poof* ... nothing.

FWIW I was emailing dwarvenforgeorders@gmail.com

Thanks.
zenmaster wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:30 am
Rabbit Burner wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:52 am
zenmaster try this link

http://www.dwarvenforge.com/forum/viewt ... =48&t=8311
Thanks for the link! It was extremely helpful, though it would have been nice if everyone had stayed on track posting "known issues" with proof rather than general feedback and kibitzing about magnets :-).

For what its worth, I emailed my questions a couple posts down to DF. They got back to me VERY quickly, saying, we are still working on final answers for points 1 and 2 (What pieces are defective enough to replace and the extent of the replacement) and assured me that they could hold replacement pieces for me until I could confirm problems.

Thumbs up on the quick response.

DevGuy
Orc
Orc

Post by DevGuy » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:56 pm

Who did you email Zen to get such a quick response Zen? I was in the middle of arranging some replacements with Suzy, bit since she left, not a single reply, and it's been a month now. We were in the middle of this thing then *poof* ... nothing.

FWIW I was emailing dwarvenforgeorders@gmail.com

Thanks.
zenmaster wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:30 am
Rabbit Burner wrote:
zenmaster try this link

Thanks for the link! It was extremely helpful, though it would have been nice if everyone had stayed on track posting "known issues" with proof rather than general feedback and kibitzing about magnets :-).

For what its worth, I emailed my questions a couple posts down to DF. They got back to me VERY quickly, saying, we are still working on final answers for points 1 and 2 (What pieces are defective enough to replace and the extent of the replacement) and assured me that they could hold replacement pieces for me until I could confirm problems.

zenmaster
Orc
Orc

Post by zenmaster » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:30 am

Rabbit Burner wrote:
zenmaster try this link

Dungeon Crawl Classics enthusiast.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:52 am

Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

zenmaster
Orc
Orc

Post by zenmaster » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:00 am

Hi,

I have not been back to the USA to pick up my KS4 shipment yet. May not get back until next summer.
I have not followed this issue up until now.

My questions:

#1) Can someone point me to a thread or link detailing the defective pieces?

#2) Are all of the concerned pieces defective or only some of them? If I know I received x number of a certain piece with defects, can I assume I should get a replacement for all of them or do I have to check the pieces out first to see which ones actually have a defect?

#3) Is there a time limit on this replacement program? I will not be able to check or return defective pieces until next June probably.

Thanks for any info that can be shed. Will copy this and email to DF as well.

Thanks.
Dungeon Crawl Classics enthusiast.

natetaylor
Ogre
Ogre

Post by natetaylor » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:24 pm

We'll have more information on the specifics of shipping replacement parts and returns, once we have items in hand.

We'll keep you posted!

lostpict
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by lostpict » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:51 pm

Its great that a fix is on the way for the stairs and the pacman shaped floors. It sounds like the past policy of keeping the defective or mis-shipped parts is changing. That is fine with me and I am happy to return the defective parts and ASSUME that also means that DF will ship the replacements with a postage paid return shipment label so that we can send back the defective parts free of charge. That is standard practice for almost every online purchase I have made. I wonder if DF can provide some clarification?

The one other area where problems arise are the stability issues for the large round machicolated battlements. I wonder if DF is considering a solution for making these more stable. I tried hot gluing the bottoms, but found that that was at best a temporary solution. I think the best approach would be providing a drill bit, drill alignment template and standard DF CBS pins to retrofit the vertical sides of these battlements.
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

nielsene
Ogre
Ogre

Post by nielsene » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:38 pm

My remaining question -- what is being done regrading quality control on the number of magnets that come out? Its an "easy" fix with glue, but annoying, and I'd like to know what DF's plans are regarding ensuring DoD's magnetized pieces (if opted for) won't have the same issue.

It seemed worst on the 6" towers, though I've have a few bridges lose theirs too. I know there was a forum member's hypothesis that the way the 6" towers were packed (pre-assembled into single-floor complete assemblies) put too much stress on the glue while curing.

pacarat
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by pacarat » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:41 pm

Interesting in the change regarding returns. If they are worried about folks taking advantage of the situation it should be easy enough to calculate who is eligible/who gets what based on our KS orders.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:49 am

This is why I am here :)

Thanks Nate top work.

In the past DF have not charged for shipping replacement pieces. They shipped my replacement ruined floors in KS3 free of any charge but they also did not want the replaced pieces back either so there is a difference this time around.

I can live with what I have - but will maybe look at getting my pacmen replaced dependant on cost of sending them back.
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

Return to “Post-Campaign Topics”