KS4 Replacement Pieces

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: KS4 Replacement Pieces

Post by AnimeSensei » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:04 pm

Worst=case scenario you could always drill and pin it so the walls don't bow, if that's what the issue is.
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Audles
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Audles » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:56 pm

Yeah, it's a bummer. I haven't had any luck getting the Gatehouse to reform.

Talistran
Orc
Orc

Post by Talistran » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:35 pm

Yah, one of my gatehouses too. Practically unusable and I haven't been able to get it to reform.

Audles
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Audles » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:38 pm

My Gatehouse is perma-boned I think. Both sides are bowed in and it looks funny.

I finally got around to fixing all the busted magnets. Used a two-part epoxy so I'm hoping it sticks.

I've noticed some general wonkiness about the towers, but I'm making them work.

HeroQuestFrance
Ogre
Ogre

Post by HeroQuestFrance » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:35 pm

I'm also wait for the replacement of the lantern posts but I'm pretty sure Nate and all DF team are working hard on every issue we had. Patience !

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:12 pm

Small things like that do irritate me as there is no good reason for it.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

GardenDM
Ogre
Ogre

Post by GardenDM » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:10 pm

Talistran wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:44 pm
AnimeSensei wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:54 pm
While DF has top-notch customer service, this is an issue that I would be heavily surprised to be addressed. They would need to create new molds, produce, possibly paint, ship, and distribute pieces. It's a logistics and financial nightmare. Much better to find an alternative solution, like a preorder of fixed pieces at a discount. It's not good for the consumer, but DF is a small company and the castles KS was pretty tight from what I know from random quotes from Stefan and crew.
I am actually extremely surprised that they continue to sell "Arch Walls" without a warning. They are egregiously undersized. And not only are they selling them, but they also added them to the City Builder pieces on the website, thus actively marketing them with pieces they don't fit. And again, no mention of how they are not as long as they need to be to fit into the pillars.

I'm not sure how they ended up being not long enough to fit into the slots, but they leave an obvious crack.
Yeah, arch walls are kind of a bummer. Great piece that I picked up quite a few of, but not as nice as intended.

Talistran
Orc
Orc

Post by Talistran » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:44 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:54 pm
While DF has top-notch customer service, this is an issue that I would be heavily surprised to be addressed. They would need to create new molds, produce, possibly paint, ship, and distribute pieces. It's a logistics and financial nightmare. Much better to find an alternative solution, like a preorder of fixed pieces at a discount. It's not good for the consumer, but DF is a small company and the castles KS was pretty tight from what I know from random quotes from Stefan and crew.
I am actually extremely surprised that they continue to sell "Arch Walls" without a warning. They are egregiously undersized. And not only are they selling them, but they also added them to the City Builder pieces on the website, thus actively marketing them with pieces they don't fit. And again, no mention of how they are not as long as they need to be to fit into the pillars.

I'm not sure how they ended up being not long enough to fit into the slots, but they leave an obvious crack.

Saxon1974
Orc
Orc

Post by Saxon1974 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:24 am

The small tower battlements don't align that well and the paint scheme is off but not something that is probably worth fixing. As stated the Pac-Man pieces are probably the worst offender.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:46 am

Mainly the tower stairs are too tall and the pac man 3/4 circle floor doesn't have a square cutout section.

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=8311&hilit=pac+man
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned