KS4 Replacement Pieces

unclebilly
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: KS4 Replacement Pieces

Post by unclebilly » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:02 am

This is a question for anyone that knows. I have the old Grand Citadel Set. I would assume that the pac man floors are a problem on this set along with the stairs. Was it both the left and right steps? The only reason I ask was I never did put it together so I am not sure. I latter bought a Royal Stronghold Set (this would be the new one) and all is fine with it. I just have it all mixed together now so before I try to sort it all out again I was just wondering about it.

pacarat
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by pacarat » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:28 am

I did an inventory tonight of suspect/eligible pieces to cross check quantities Chuck has for my KS order. Found out I only have right large tower stairs and no left ones at all. There are left stairs shown on the WA-1 box pic but I found right stairs in the box (I unsealed the two boxes tonight).

Strange...

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:54 pm

Thank you for the update, Chuck. I've got this in my todo list and will contact you soon.

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:09 am

dice4hire wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:49 pm
... But, are the lantern posts currently in the store version old or reinforced? ...
I am also thinking of getting a few of these, but my order goes through as soon as this question is answered.
I have a cart loaded with two sets of Un-Painted LED Lantern Posts and five other items as I write this.

If anyone knows, please let us know. Thanks. :)

EDIT - The 'us' is Dice and myself, I was not speaking as a multi-being. ;)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

pacarat
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by pacarat » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:43 am

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:22 am
Thanks for the update Chuck :)

Was not convinced we need replacements for castles but for use in other environs, they maybe needed.
Will have to count how many offending stairs and pacmen we have then decide.

So far no LED issues, perhaps our soft padded paws help :)
I emailed Chuck last night, and got a very quick response back. FWIW, he has a spreadsheet that calculates (based on my KS order) the quantities of each piece at issue. I will be doing a hands on double check this week to confirm the counts.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:22 am

Thanks for the update Chuck :)

Was not convinced we need replacements for castles but for use in other environs, they maybe needed.
Will have to count how many offending stairs and pacmen we have then decide.

So far no LED issues, perhaps our soft padded paws help :)
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:49 pm

I appreciate the information. Thanks

But, are the lantern posts currently in the store version old or reinforced? I am thinking of getting a few when KSV hits the webstore.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Foxwander
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Foxwander » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:36 pm

Hello everyone. I am Chuck, of Chuck@dwarvenforge.com. I've been meaning to make this post for a while, so as the new DF Customer Support person I'd like to address the issues in this thread.

First off- this has NOT been forgotten- certainly not by me. As you all know, there has been some turnover in the role I now fill and because of this, these issues have taken a long time (too long). I want to apologize for this, and for if any of your previous requests regarding this issue haven’t been resolved. But rest assured, since I have inherited this issue I WILL get it taken care of for you!

Essentially the problems in the first post were addressed pretty much how Nate laid out. The internals of the LED Socket Pillars have been reinforced. The mold for the Curved Tower Stairs was modified to produce shorter stairs which don't interfere with the floor tabs on the tower walls. And lastly, the casting process for the Tower 3/4 (Pac-man) Floor was altered so it doesn't distort the angle of the cut out.

However, what was NOT done was my predecessors ordering a sufficient production run of these new pieces to have replacements for everyone who needs them. We DO have kits of the stairs but NOT for everything else. I have gotten that production run ordered but it is being done concurrent with the Castles restock so I don't have the other pieces yet. I hope to have them soon though. As soon as I do, I will let everyone know.

This is the main reason why I hadn't posted about this yet. I had hoped to have everything on hand to send parts out right away and I don't. Again, I apologize for that.

Anyway, regardless of what's happened in the past I am determined to make this right for all you backers who put your trust in us. While there are reasons for the delays (turnover in this job, lost communications from that turnover, KS5 production, etc.) there aren't excuses. All I can say is thank you very much for your patience in this and I promise you that I am not going anywhere and I will get this taken care of!

If I have not already "talked" with you via email over this, please contact me at the address above and I will make sure your part requirements are added to my list. Thank you.

glynnsmith
Goblin
Goblin

Post by glynnsmith » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:10 pm

Nate did mention for anyone that needed replacement pieces to send an email. It would be great for them to post to confirm that inventory stock has the new pieces but they are trying to do right by us...

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:04 am

Dolken wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:58 am
I am a little mad that DF did not tell us that the stairs were ready.... as someone who spent over $11,000 on the castles and have been holding off painting the stairs and pac-mans as I have been waiting for the HEADS UP for them to say "hey we fixed that thing we messed up"

Not very happy
Dolken
I'm with you.

I've been patiently waiting for a follow-up here in the forums so that interested parties can reach out. I can understand if DF feels the issue isn't severe enough to warrant a general notice via KS update or email, but they've already engaged with us here and dropped the ball by not letting us know what the next steps are.

Return to “Post-Campaign Topics”