KS4 Replacement Pieces

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: KS4 Replacement Pieces

Post by GardenDM » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:35 pm

Perhaps a mini "Back to the Castles" Kickstarter that offers expansions to the castles as well as KS pledges for the most popular castle sets for those who missed it (or those who want MORE) would solve the funding problem and shipping cost problems.

Keep the KS scope tight enough to manage costs and backer sentiment (i.e. maybe $500-$1000 for an all-in pledge for new pieces). And offer returning KS4 backers add-ons packs for the "fixed" replacement pieces in whatever quantities desired at-cost or even lower (depending on how the math all works out).

I'd be in for $500 if it got me some cool new castles stuff and fixes for a few key pieces.

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:51 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:54 pm
While DF has top-notch customer service, this is an issue that I would be heavily surprised to be addressed. They would need to create new molds, produce, possibly paint, ship, and distribute pieces. It's a logistics and financial nightmare. Much better to find an alternative solution, like a preorder of fixed pieces at a discount. It's not good for the consumer, but DF is a small company and the castles KS was pretty tight from what I know from random quotes from Stefan and crew.
Concur. I would be willing to live with the problems for something like this. Redoing molds may be necessary anyway, though, b/c they continue to produce the pieces. But redoing the molds NOW is not likely.

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delenda Sunt, except KS5
WeaselWarGod

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:54 pm

While DF has top-notch customer service, this is an issue that I would be heavily surprised to be addressed. They would need to create new molds, produce, possibly paint, ship, and distribute pieces. It's a logistics and financial nightmare. Much better to find an alternative solution, like a preorder of fixed pieces at a discount. It's not good for the consumer, but DF is a small company and the castles KS was pretty tight from what I know from random quotes from Stefan and crew.
106 Resin and 202 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Arravis
Orc
Orc

Post by Arravis » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:37 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:29 pm
My best guess is that -if- we are getting replacement pieces, they are being produced after the KS5 pieces. No reason to delay an entire kickstarter from a financial perspective for a few replacement pieces.
Any official news on this would be appreciated, I'm just worried that it'll be indefinitely put in the back burner. They are errors that they might want people to simply forget. There's no money to be made for them in fixing it, all they have to loose is our trust. Anyway, I just hope this isn't forgotten.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:29 pm

Arravis wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:28 pm
Kryzsko wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:48 pm
So do we have to request these replacement pieces (stairs and round floors) or are they going out to everyone that got the original pieces?
Very interested in this.
My best guess is that -if- we are getting replacement pieces, they are being produced after the KS5 pieces. No reason to delay an entire kickstarter from a financial perspective for a few replacement pieces.
106 Resin and 202 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Arravis
Orc
Orc

Post by Arravis » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:28 pm

Kryzsko wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:48 pm
So do we have to request these replacement pieces (stairs and round floors) or are they going out to everyone that got the original pieces?
Very interested in this.

Riley
Orc
Orc

Post by Riley » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:35 pm

I would particularly like to get some non-warped Pac-Man pieces.

Talistran
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Talistran » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:58 pm

Any update on the replacement stairs and pacman pieces? :)

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:05 pm

Give Jesse a break, folks. He just took over and is getting things under control. We're all used to Suzy being online 24/7, which is hardly a fair comparison.

The Chief Least Weasel of Valoria (Pretendant)
Totus KS Delenda Sunt, except KS5
WeaselWarGod

DevGuy
Orc
Orc

Post by DevGuy » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:17 am

ObLaDi wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:03 pm
We apologize for the lack of response; if you haven't heard anything back yet, please email the details to orders@dwarvenforge.com.
DevGuy wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:57 pm
Who did you email to get such a quick response Zen? I was in the middle of arranging some replacements with Suzy, bit since she left, not a single reply, and it's been a month now. We were in the middle of this thing then *poof* ... nothing.
Thanks, done.