Bridge Castle

GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Bridge Castle

Post by GODofwar » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:07 pm

Rabbit, thanks loads for the fire-to-tower hint. Would never have occurred to me.
The Chief Least Weasel of Valoria (Pretendant)
Totus KS Delenda Sunt, except KS5
WeaselWarGod

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:44 am

Alphyns wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:16 am
Loving these pictures -- please keep them coming!

I have to ask about the armoured polar bear. Very Golden Compass. Where is he from?

Thanks again.
The Polar Bear was from a kickstarter last year from ShieldWolf miniatures - now available at retail :)

http://www.shieldwolfminiatures.com/ind ... uct_id=108

Really need to get around to painting them.
I am the Game and I want to Play

Alphyns
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Alphyns » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:16 am

Loving these pictures -- please keep them coming!

I have to ask about the armoured polar bear. Very Golden Compass. Where is he from?

Thanks again.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:54 am

William wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:21 am
Cool Castle with everything tied with the bridges. Wish I had the amount to do something like that. Very nice to see it with a game happening too (I don't get to take many of those pics these days).

Where is the Giant from in the third to the last picture?
Also what are those black panels behind him?

Thanks for posting... :)
The Giant is 'Zeus' a McFarlane Toy series 13 figure from 1999, I was a fan of his artwork (Spiderman, Spawn etc) and picked up a few of his figures around that time - the Cat and the Giant Goblin King is 'Iguantus and Tuskadon' from series 14.

The black panels are the underside of some Forge World Realm of Battle resin terrain boards.

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:21 am

Cool Castle with everything tied with the bridges. Wish I had the amount to do something like that. Very nice to see it with a game happening too (I don't get to take many of those pics these days).

Where is the Giant from in the third to the last picture?
Also what are those black panels behind him?

Thanks for posting... :)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by bernyleung » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:18 pm

Awesome!

pacarat
Ogre
Ogre

Post by pacarat » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:18 pm

Very cool, thanks for sharing.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:14 pm

So I let the lil bunnies join the big bunny at the table.

Pick what you want to pIay with I said - I will defend with my Empire soldiers and Wizard, but first you got to name the castle, 'Castle Weird' with no hesitation. OK :)
Big Boy bunny decides he will assault the Castle with his Undead 'God' Polybius and skeleton hoard and his pet evil rat together with 2 Rock elementals 'Sam and Max'.

Lil Girl bunny rolls around picking this and that, basically anything that caught her eye.
'you cant use that' I say
'why not?' she asks
'its too big, wrong scale' I point out
'and....?'
'ok go for it' I gave up
We were making it up as we went along anyway, there is only one rule - No mini on mini bashing!

So the undead attack to be met by a Polar Bear!?
The undead God Polybius counters by deploying his pet evil rat.
He moves an elemental forward where Lil Girl bunny has her goblin chariot which she withdraws luring the lumbering rock monster into the path of the 'Goblin Horn of DOOM' (her words not mine) which caused the elemental to lose cohesiveness and collapse into a pile of rubble.
In the mean time my cavalry wheeled around behind the undead hoard hoping to strike them from the rear only to be met by the second elemental where they invoked plan B.
The skeletons were able to scale the walkways using grappling hooks and a siege tower and Polybius was too powerful and the undead too relentless.
A stand was attempted on the open walkway but in a moment of madness or incompetence the burning oil was poured too soon resulting in two flaming guardsmen running around the inside of the keep setting light to everything Benny Hill style :D
Lil Girl bunny deployed the Cat (her name not mine) which was the mount of the Giant Goblin King whose T-Rex heavy steps caused the bridge to collapse and other structural failures in the keep.
My wizard could not stand up to Polybius and before the Giant Goblin King could climb the tower to confront him, Polybius teleported to the last tower that was all that remained, defended by Lil Girl bunny's Norse God.
It turned out that his super power was the shininess of his bald head resulting in the undead God running away screaming 'my eyes! my eyes!'.

So victory for the Empire and their Goblin and Norse God allies, although it left Castle Weird broken and burning.

A whole lot of fun was had and loved the fact that the magnetic flames from KS3 would connect to the tower magnets - way cool
Last edited by Rabbit Burner on Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GODofwar » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:02 pm

Rabbit:

YEE--HAHHHH!

This is exactly what I had in mind when I bought a boatload of extra Bridges of Valoria (4, a boatload for me) and lots and lots of tower bridges. And why I just bought two or three more small towers, complete (ie 8 sets).

Even when they are set loose to run free in open air, Rabbits just can't get away from warren runways....

The Chief Least Weasel of Valoria (Pretendant)
Totus KS Delenda Sunt, except KS5
WeaselWarGod

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Rabbit Burner » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:31 am

The design of this castle was developed around a single ground entrance in the first big tower, the Square keep being the main living area with the rear large tower being a where all the non combatants retreat too in the event of the attack.
The four smaller towers are all barracks where the defenders can reinforce either Entry tower or main keep and fire upon any attackers.
The bridge between the first big tower and the keep is open sided to allow no protection to any attackers that have captured the first tower.

Pleased with how it turned out and had some fun with the kids, who named it 'Castle Weird'! - more on that later ;)

One disappointment was that the KS4 crenellations don't quite fit the bridges. The bridges are not quite long enough, forcing you to pull the bridges apart to make them fit which is tricky when you got Towers that big! There is enough length in the pins to mean the bridge sections are still supported with the crenellations on top

You don't notice the gaps once built and there is enough support for any miniatures so once built all is good. May look at trimming a couple of crenellations to get a snug fit.

Was pleased how I could adjust the length of the bridges by mixing up Stone and Tower bridges - still didn't help with the crenellations issue.