Question about new limited restock pre order

lostpict
Ogre
Ogre

Re: Question about new limited restock pre order

Post by lostpict » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:20 pm

I wish more of the smaller sets were also available for pre-order. I need small tower crenellations and battlements and would hate to miss out on them again.
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

D___Man

Post by D___Man » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:34 pm

I am hoping that some other sets that aren't mentioned will be stocked like the summer re-stock. I have the grand citadel double wall pack but I need the grand citadel inside walls.

zenmaster
Orc
Orc

Post by zenmaster » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:11 pm

period3 wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:11 pm
Is there any word when the pre-orders will close?
If you click on what you want to reserve, you can read the text.

e.g. for the Royal Stronghold, painted--

"Our factory is crafting a limited quantity of new sets, due into our US warehouse in February, 2018 (perhaps earlier).

Since quantities are limited — and this might be the final production run for this largest Castle set — we’re offering this option to reserve your set now. Reservations require a $250 deposit (toward the total purchase price of $2,090 + applicable taxes and total shipping). Please note that the deposit -- though not the shipping -- becomes non-refundable after October 31, 2017). The balance will be due (and will be billed) just prior to shipment."
Dungeon Crawl Classics enthusiast.

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by bernyleung » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:11 am

period3 wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:06 am
That's pretty fast. I've been going about a month and am maybe 40% done my castle. (a bit less than a royal stronghold).
I should probably qualify my statement. I estimate that I used about 15-20 dedicated painting "days" (probably closer to the 15 than then 20), with each "day" on average spending 3-4 hours. So let's say that I spent about 60 total painting hours on my castle, add-ons, and stretch goal pieces. I still have yet to do my Erinthor Mountains, as well as 6 chromatic orbs, but taking those out that's still about $4K of Dwarvenite(-G).

I only had to basecoat my two Advanced Stone Builder sets (they were WAY darker than the rest of the Dwarvenite). I drybrushed everything else out of the gate because the base dark grey colour was fine and matched well. I didn't go crazy on the accent stones. I grouped all the similar pieces at once so I could batch them, i.e. all inside/outside walls, then all spacer blocks and cubes, then all platforms, etc. When you get into a rhythm, it appears to go very efficiently.

period3
Orc
Orc

Post by period3 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:06 am

That's pretty fast. I've been going about a month and am maybe 40% done my castle. (a bit less than a royal stronghold).
bernyleung wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:19 am
iceycat wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:19 pm
Okay I just put in my pre order for an UNpainted Royal Stronghold so I can prime the dang thing black first...until after I actually get the castle and spend a few months painting it.
I doubt that you would need "months" to paint the Royal Stronghold. My Castles pledge was approximately double the type and number of pieces in a RS (including stretch goals), and I really had it done in less than a month of quite leisurely painting.

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by bernyleung » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:19 am

iceycat wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:19 pm
Okay I just put in my pre order for an UNpainted Royal Stronghold so I can prime the dang thing black first...until after I actually get the castle and spend a few months painting it.
I doubt that you would need "months" to paint the Royal Stronghold. My Castles pledge was approximately double the type and number of pieces in a RS (including stretch goals), and I really had it done in less than a month of quite leisurely painting.

iceycat
Goblin
Goblin

Post by iceycat » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:19 pm

Okay I just put in my pre order for an UNpainted Royal Stronghold so I can prime the dang thing black first now that the option has been made available. I'd like to know if someone on staff can confirm if other pieces will be subject to this limited availability issue in advance. For instance I might like to get some ruined tower sets for the castle or maybe a ruinic dressing mega pack but I don't really plan on it until after I actually get the castle and spend a few months painting it. So I'd like to know now if I should be aggressively posturing for these sets that I really don't need for several months to a year yet but if I don't act on now I may never get or something.

period3
Orc
Orc

Post by period3 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:11 pm

Is there any word when the pre-orders will close?

ObLaDi
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ObLaDi » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:58 pm

Hi, the factory just informed us that they are able to do a limited production of Unpainted Royal Stronghold sets and these were included in the pre-order sale this morning.

https://shop.dwarvenforge.com/products/ ... posit-only
iceycat wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:14 pm
...if I want a Royal Stronghold ... the only option is prepainted ...

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:14 pm

I am not sure what the draw of the Royal Stronghold is... It seems to me you might be better off with a Grand Citadel, a couple of Watch Towers and the add-ons ... If you already have some things... (not knowing what those are) would it not be cheaper to just make up the difference between what you have and what it is? Just an idle thought and probably completely off base... but for some reason felt compelled to "say" it. :-)