Post by dice4hire » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:32 pm

9!!!!
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Counting down to Launch Day

Post by dice4hire » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:03 pm

Not totally unexpected, but another week closer to Chinese New Year. I'd really rather get the stuff in Feb/March than June/July again.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

kmj9907
Orc
Orc

Post by kmj9907 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:45 pm

They've pushed the date to the 17th.

From Facebook:
"We’re thrilled to announce the launch of our newest Kickstarter – Dungeon of Doom!
⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ The time and date: 11AM, US Eastern time, Saturday, June 17th.
⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ (We had originally intended to launch earlier, but we wanted to devote some one more week to getting more Castle shipments out to backers.)

Our goal this Kickstarter: design, sculpt and paint the most comprehensive, compelling — and fun — modular dungeon terrain assortment ever offered.

We are thrilled with the detail, the variety and the exciting new features. We hope you will be as well"

93x74R
Orc
Orc

Post by 93x74R » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:30 pm

Dwarf wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:50 am

Being an european backer, though, I have to say that it saddens me to not having gotten anything from the last KS IV. I have been shuffling money for KS 5 for weeks now, but can't start going full into it until I know if and what I will need from KS IV having to distribute my funds accordingly.
Fulfillment always seems to be the issue with complicated, physical product Kick Starters. Although I did not back IV I followed it for weeks and it set the bar for "complicated". I agree it is unfortunate that you probably won't get anything until after V launches and I sympathize with your issues. Hopefully DF learned from IV and V is going to be simpler in terms of both backing and manufacturing. If it is they should be able to get back to a cycle of less than 12 months rather than the 15 months plus that IV backers are dealing with. I hope your Schloss stuff arrives soon.

93x74R
Orc
Orc

Post by 93x74R » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:21 pm

Dwarf
Orc
Orc

Post by Dwarf » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:50 am

Hello fellow Valorians!
I am a long time DF fan since they went to the german games fair in Essen now nearly 2 decades ago, where I bought my first resin sets. I also backed all KS so far and use it a lot.
Being an european backer, though, I have to say that it saddens me to not having gotten anything from the last KS IV. I have been shuffling money for KS 5 for weeks now, but can't start going full into it until I know if and what I will need from KS IV having to distribute my funds accordingly. I am afraid to get my KS 4 stuff so late that I won't have sufficient time to test everything to get an idea what else I might need from that KS and how much money will then be left to invest in KS 5.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:17 am

Richard 0208 wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:02 pm
I would be happy to see KSV delayed as I haven't had any indication my large KSIV pledge is on the way. Considering how much I paid in shipping and taxes I'm pretty annoyed that castles are being sold on eBay and I don't even have a shipping notification yet. Yes, delay KSV!
Richard on face value I agree its frustrating to see stuff on ebay before we get ours. But its a fact of life and to be fair their money helped fund KSIV and reach the various SGs which we all got the benefit of.

At least in this case they are not selling anything any backer of KSIV could not have got.
I get totally pissed off when I miss out on a unique item because someone bought it to make a quick profit on ebay!
Also I know at least one forum member has added to their castle by buying items of ebay.
So in this case I don't think its particularly a bad thing, still irritating though!
I am the Game and I want to Play

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:08 am

kraegar wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:48 pm
I've been a day 1 backer of the last 3, and a mid-point backer (as soon as I heard about it) for the first Kickstarter. I must say, I'll be disappointed to see KS5 launching before I've even gotten my items from the last kickstarter. I understand things were delayed, but it really kills my enthusiasm to have them asking us to buy more when we haven't even gotten our last shipment yet. (And this is as a day 1 backer in the US... I can't imagine how many others are in the same boat).
Then don't back on day one, leave it until you get your castle and if that is after KSV finishes then just wait until KSV is available at retail.

I do somewhat agree with the sentiment that you should deliver before you start the next KS, but certain companies I trust more than others.
CMON (not particularly a favourite and I don't back them all, just those with minis I can use) as Josh states have a policy of having 3 KSers on the go at once. While you get an awful lot of moaning in the KS comments about this, they still get a huge amount of backers.
Pedion is another, the creator generally has good comms and has had many issues delaying his first KS, I was happy to back their second KS before receiving the first.
Its down to how much you trust the companies involved and how much you want what their offering.
Clearly I trust too easily and am a sucker for shiney stuff!
I am the Game and I want to Play

geekjeff
Ogre
Ogre

Post by geekjeff » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:56 pm

It's the Calm Before the Doom. If you hear any strange chanting emanating from Bushwick, don't interrupt their concentration - disrupting the summoning ritual now could be disastrous.

...also I think interrupting any weirdos chanting anything in New York is generally regarded as A Bad Idea, full stop.

93x74R
Orc
Orc

Post by 93x74R » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:23 pm

koraldon wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:30 pm
It is strange that all the marketing has died down...
Especially since they want to attract new backers this round instead of relying on the grognards with deep pockets. Hopefully they are just focusing their efforts on an epic launch.