Counting down to Launch Day

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Counting down to Launch Day

Post by William » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:12 am

Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

geekjeff
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by geekjeff » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:01 am

24 hours to go commence freakout! :shock: :shock:

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:49 am

Like Dwarven Forge needs help ramping up at the beginning. With all the old customers and backers of previous KS's chomping at the bit to get in, I think they do better then fine with the kick-off. ;)

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:36 am

Early bird discounts help kickstarters ramp up quickly, lead to a higher rating on kicktraq, and then with the exposure, higher number of backers. At least in theory.
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Mobius
Orc
Orc

Post by Mobius » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:25 am

William wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:27 pm
I was just thinking about my post earlier in this thread and realized backer number doesn't mean squat as to when you get your items. I was backer 93, live in the states and still have not heard word one about any shipment. ;)
But posting this twice does boost my numbers in the chase for posting supremacy. :lol:
I'm backer #8 with shipping to the US (driving cross-border to pick it up) and I don't have my stuff yet.

As mentioned, Being backer #8 only offers me the advantage of bragging here that I'm backer #8. Did you know that I'm backer #8?

It's very similar to post count in these forums. My life dream is to someday become a DF forums Minotaur.

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:04 am

kmj9907 wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:26 pm
zoroaster100 wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:28 pm
Some Kickstarters offer better pricing if you are an "early bird." With Dwarven Forge Kickstarters so far, all Kickstarter backers who back before the Kickstarter ends are "early birds" and we all get the same better pricing than if you don't pledge during the Kickstarter.
For me, early bird pledges (whether by time or by backer count) are always a big mark against the creator. It doesn't prevent me from backing, usually, but I really don't like it. I think giving shipping priority to earlier backers is nice, but I understand if that isn't always feasible.
Yes, the one biggest reason to why it's not always feasible is when using a third-party shipping/logistics company. In those cases it pretty much means jack what backer number you are in a Kickstarter, for clearly obvious reasons. In cases where things are shipped in-house (usually, small companies or backer/fulfillment numbers), then it's more than possible; this is the situation in which I see this most often happening on Kickstarter.
If you aren't gaming then you aren't living.

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:00 am

dice4hire wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:49 pm
I can understand early birds as they are frequently backers of previous projects or previous customers.

Or at least are people who have followed the creator on Facebook or the like pre-campaign.

Now I do not support huge early-bird deals, but first shipping or a small discount is ok. I do tend to support running early bird as a limited time offer, and not something anyone can jump into later in the campaign if an early bird drops out.
If it's an Early Bird pledge level then I don't think it's functionally possible through the Kickstarter interface to prohibit someone else from taking an early bird pledge if someone drops out from it.
If you aren't gaming then you aren't living.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:49 pm

I can understand early birds as they are frequently backers of previous projects or previous customers.

Or at least are people who have followed the creator on Facebook or the like pre-campaign.

Now I do not support huge early-bird deals, but first shipping or a small discount is ok. I do tend to support running early bird as a limited time offer, and not something anyone can jump into later in the campaign if an early bird drops out.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:27 pm

I was just thinking about my post earlier in this thread and realized backer number doesn't mean squat as to when you get your items. I was backer 93, live in the states and still have not heard word one about any shipment. ;)
But posting this twice does boost my numbers in the chase for posting supremacy. :lol:

kmj9907
Orc
Orc

Post by kmj9907 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:26 pm

zoroaster100 wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:28 pm
Some Kickstarters offer better pricing if you are an "early bird." With Dwarven Forge Kickstarters so far, all Kickstarter backers who back before the Kickstarter ends are "early birds" and we all get the same better pricing than if you don't pledge during the Kickstarter.
For me, early bird pledges (whether by time or by backer count) are always a big mark against the creator. It doesn't prevent me from backing, usually, but I really don't like it. I think giving shipping priority to earlier backers is nice, but I understand if that isn't always feasible.

Return to “Pre-Kickstarter 5 News”