The PM closed two months ago.

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: The PM closed two months ago.

Post by bernyleung » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:32 am

I'm actually kinda bummed that we haven't heard any more about the commoners minis that could have been a mid-campaign KS.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:25 am

While the hoary old adage "no news is good news" is partially true in this case, DF is also pretty good at no news period. In Castles, DF made quite a few changes to pieces, and dwarvenite colors and the first anyone found out was when packages stared being opened. Plus remember Sizegate. That was quite the surprise.

KSV is pretty complicated, though not as bad as castles or even cities (I suspect based on the look of pieces) but I would bet good money that there have been changes to pieces that have not been talked about. Maybe they make pieces and the overall experience better, but sometimes DF takes secrecy way too far.

Yes, I know DF has this weird logic/viewpoint about not wanting to bombard people with updates and the like, but how about their own newsletter, which everyone has voluntarily signed up for. And, of course, people can stop getting either channel of communication with a few mouse clicks, so what is the deal with not communication on one or both of those channels. Plus not reading and immediately deleting either channel on a case by case basic is a single mouseclick.

It just seems to me that the DF/Backer community is wasting away, and both halves are going their own separate ways. I know I feel that way. I know I like the people here and in the DF comments (mostly, of course) but my connection to DF and the crew is minimal and getting more non-existent.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Riley
Orc
Orc

Post by Riley » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:49 pm

Riley
Orc
Orc

Post by Riley » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:45 pm

Via Twitter, it seems that Stefan is sipping espresso in Rome. So I wouldn't expect an update from him this week. :)

Alphyns
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Alphyns » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:32 pm

From past experience with DF, no news is good news. Until the big things happen (pallets full of painted pieces are stacked in the factory or a ship leaves port) -- then the new may start to come out. DF has never been one of those companies that sends out a series of monthly/weekly "we're all alive and a bunch of back-endy stuff happened" updates.When KSIV got delayed they told us, the earlier ones weren't delayed and I don't remember getting any updates (IIRC KSI showed up on my doorstep before the shipping notice arrived).

So, while I wouldn't mind a pleasant surprise, I really wouldn't worry about not hearing anything until February or March.

Otto Manchesterfield
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Otto Manchesterfield » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:14 pm

An update would certainly be welcome!

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by bernyleung » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:51 am

I think production was in full swing quite some time ago.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

The PM closed two months ago.

Post by dice4hire » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:08 pm

I was wondering how production was going, or if any pieces have been changed in the last couple of months. I am sure prototypes have been made and evaluated and I imagine production is in full swing.

Any word?
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria