Post by dice4hire » Sat May 13, 2017 2:11 am

I would be a big fan of themes
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Cody N
Orc
Orc

Re: A Suggestion for the Kickstarter #5

Post by Cody N » Sat May 13, 2017 1:39 am

The possibility of different themes are near endless.!

Cody N
Orc
Orc

Post by Cody N » Sat May 13, 2017 1:39 am

I love the idea. A few themed tiles to work with KS 1 and the caverns. A forge. Statues. Pillars. Doors. Ect. So many options.

I'm seeing this as "wicked addition" theme sets that transform what we already have.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Sat May 13, 2017 12:04 am

I am also a bit unsure why to do preferential shipping for KSI stuff If it is in store go for it there. If new deliver it together. KSIII stuff is shipped alongside KSIV stuff
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

geekjeff
Ogre
Ogre

Post by geekjeff » Fri May 12, 2017 9:01 pm

Well... you can get KS1-3 with earlier shipping, right now, on the webstore. Delivery in about a week. Go for it! :D Should be able to get KS4 delivery by the end of July at the latest.

There may be some reasons to reissue a selection of KS1 pieces alongside KS5, but they'd likely be different assortments than what's in the webstore and thus need to be produced.

Part of what gets us slightly-better-than-retail pricing with a Kickstarter is the huge bulk manufacturing order DF gets to place.

blinky
Orc
Orc

Post by blinky » Fri May 12, 2017 5:13 pm

Wondering about the possibility for splitting fulfilment on KS5, for the existing sets (assuming some are in KS5). Basically, maybe pay a bit more for early shipping etc and get an earlier delivery date, say 6 months.

This might help spread the warehouse work load across the year and reduce UPS delivery sore backs.

For example,
$500 on new KS5 items, I get that in a year or so.
$250 on older items, like KS1-4, get that in 6 months.

Arravis
Orc
Orc

Post by Arravis » Tue May 09, 2017 1:35 am

blinky wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:54 pm
Dungeon dressing 2.
Hear, hear!

dreamlifter
Goblin
Goblin

Post by dreamlifter » Tue May 09, 2017 1:35 am

GODofwar wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 11:28 pm
zoroaster100 wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:30 am
A Dwarven Forge set, with not only big forges but also a Dwarven hall reminiscent of Moria from Lord of the Rings, with really big dwarven pillars, and dwarven arches and doorways, and Dwarven king's throne room would be awesome.

And while we are talking about dwarves, how about an Elven tree village or Rivendell type set? And a set for halfling homes with round doors?
I've thought about this often. The King should definitely make a DwF set...maybe as a special prize for large orders. Elaborate.

And the tree village...Lego has a set like this and it has possibilites in DwF...it should be possible to make tree 'kits' that are customizeable with bridges between trees, flets and tree buildings...even rooms inside the tree trunks.

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delenda Sunt
It generally isn't good business practice to make items/things specific to just large orders, etc. Making a common/semi-common item a bonus for large orders would be more practical, but in DF KS and some other KS, it looks like this holds true in quantity and semi-common items as they go to multiple pledge levels at the first level; watchtower at $190 unpainted.

GX.Sigma
Goblin
Goblin

Post by GX.Sigma » Mon May 08, 2017 5:30 pm

I'm hoping for:

More props/furniture/decorations.
Treasure chests, bookshelves, rugs, etc.

Dungeon pieces we haven't seen in dwarvenite before. I like the ones they've shown already, such as "corner door" and "10 foot alcove AKA wide passage dead end" and "big chunky stairs that are like the cavern elevation blocks but for the dungeon style, or like bigger versions of the little stairs and blocks from KS1, remember?"

And, of course, Tudor Advanced Builder set.

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Thu May 04, 2017 12:35 am

GODofwar wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 11:28 pm
zoroaster100 wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:30 am
A Dwarven Forge set, with not only big forges but also a Dwarven hall reminiscent of Moria from Lord of the Rings, with really big dwarven pillars, and dwarven arches and doorways, and Dwarven king's throne room would be awesome.

And while we are talking about dwarves, how about an Elven tree village or Rivendell type set? And a set for halfling homes with round doors?
I've thought about this often. The King should definitely make a DwF set...maybe as a special prize for large orders. Elaborate.

And the tree village...Lego has a set like this and it has possibilites in DwF...it should be possible to make tree 'kits' that are customizeable with bridges between trees, flets and tree buildings...even rooms inside the tree trunks.

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delenda Sunt
Yes, yes, yes, yes, but not just for large orders... :)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )