A Suggestion for the Kickstarter #5

Runeweaver
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: A Suggestion for the Kickstarter #5

Post by Runeweaver » Sun May 15, 2016 11:09 am

AnimeSensei wrote:All I wish to add is that my wife will kill me if KS5 costs nearly as much as KS4. So I'll be out or my pledge reduced if it's huge again, and I'm historically a large backer.
I've said this so many times that I'm sure others are tired of hearing it, but as long as others say the same I'll agree with it. So...

+1

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Sun May 15, 2016 12:27 am

All I wish to add is that my wife will kill me if KS5 costs nearly as much as KS4. So I'll be out or my pledge reduced if it's huge again, and I'm historically a large backer.
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Runeweaver
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Runeweaver » Sat May 14, 2016 9:43 pm

kitenerd wrote:
I would love to see another basic theme set - finely worked stone interior (temple or throne room depending on paint scheme), dwarven halls, aztec labyrinth, egyptian tomb, thieves guild - something that could be done with relatively few pieces to create an entirely different feel for an encounter or adventure.

Lets hope KS 5 is easier on the budget ;)
Here, here. I really like the theme idea. Stefan could even finish his dream castle ideas by putting out the lions and gargoyle finishes from KS4. I really love the idea of a rich looking throne room, alabaster walls, and the like. Small themed builds meant to be put together as rooms or elements of a greater DF build would be really awesome. Much how we use KS1 and 2 pieces (and resin) to mix with the catacombs and Den of Evil sets. Could be very cool. Would also like the burrow from KS2 to be enhanced. Would be cool to go down the rabbit-hole-that-isn't-a-rabbit-hole, where players have to squeeze down through it, only to be met with a fork in the tunnel or something akin to that nature. Would be very cool ... :geek:

jonmilton
Orc
Orc

Post by jonmilton » Sat May 14, 2016 8:55 pm

If you are looking for trees that are not so realistic, but still look fairly nice and are as indestructible as DF: I just bought a pile of these and they are working great.

http://www.playmobil.us/3-pine-trees/7725.html

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Sat May 14, 2016 4:14 pm

There has been a lot of talk about revisiting KS 1. While i don't think that is likely, i do think there is potential for KS 5 to offer a Dungeon Mega Pack as an add-on. (Something similar to 2 sets plus stretch goals - or just a big pack with some diagonals, curved walls and narrow doors would go a long way). A chance for those late to the party to get an affordable entry point into dungeons. Getting a smattering of pieces to try out is a very costly proposition at this point.

I would love to see another basic theme set - finely worked stone interior (temple or throne room depending on paint scheme), dwarven halls, aztec labyrinth, egyptian tomb, thieves guild - something that could be done with relatively few pieces to create an entirely different feel for an encounter or adventure.

Lets hope KS 5 is easier on the budget ;)
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

Myrthe
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Myrthe » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:27 am

I would love to see a Dwarven Forge / Halls set !! Sign me up. Can I pay now ?!!

Also, regarding Sci Fi sets. I'd love to see a new style set. I think, IMO, what hurt the previous sales was the retro 50's style Buck Roger's / Flash Gordon vibe of the silvered metal and big CRT screens. It seemed a little low tech for a Star Wars generation. YMMV.

Oldent
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Oldent » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:47 pm

Back to topic.
I would also like some more themed terrain. I like the idea of mines and dwarven accessories like forges and thrones.More columns :!: :!: :!: :!: Grand stairs :!: :!:
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

Oldent
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Oldent » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:39 pm

One of the cyber men was from GW from the 80's but the others are from Black Tree. You can still get them.

More Black Tree design with a 1980's Sauron from GW

http://eoeorbis.com/collections/doctor-who

The larger trees I keep in plastic containers from Walmart.They can get dusty if stored on the self.
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

Tyrant1969
Kobold
Kobold

Post by Tyrant1969 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:44 pm

Okay...a bit off the main topic of KS5 ... but a few posts back there was a post from Oldent.. are those Cybermen?! If so where did you get them?

Okay, back on Topic - I think some Dwarven accessories that could be added to existing DF sets would be awesome, I don't need a whole dwarven forge set - just the forge itself, the archways, the doors, etc

lostpict
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by lostpict » Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:54 pm

I just toss mine in tubs. I made about a dozen of the big twisted wire trees (the Elf flet kind) and about 50 others of various sizes from various sources. They are pretty durable.
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

Return to “Pre-Kickstarter 5 Discussion”