A Suggestion for the Kickstarter #5

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: A Suggestion for the Kickstarter #5

Post by LordDust » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:07 pm

kitenerd wrote:I believe that Renaissance Miniatures has there store offline until they fulfill a KS that they are behind on... don't quote me on that but that is the sense i got from their last missive. I like the honor of fulfilling a commitment before taking on additional obligations. That may not make the best business sense $$$ wise but it is a classy move.
Indeed, they recently posted to their Facebook page that there is an announcement coming very soon about the reopening. From things they've said it should be ready in the next month or two. They are the only company that has resolved issues on a level comparable to DF for me. No other company I have done business with has offered that level of service to me, and I have done business with many companies in minis and RPGs. Both companies resolve everything to my satisfaction and even go beyond what I've asked for to handle things for me. I realize that from a business perspective that is dicey as it can be expensive and difficult to consistently do. As a customer though, it has engendered a level of loyalty and appreciation few other companies can enjoy.

More on topic, I would still like to see primarily expansions of existing lines and a smaller new addition. I like the idea of outdoor accessories and perhaps a few simple garden, lawn, dirt, and mud tiles. It would be very cool if the tiles could have magnetic accessories attached on the surface to add in shrubs, small tombs/tombstones, flowering plants hedges, etc. This way the tiles are very modular, a few accessories can be made by DF to start, and anything we want that doesn't have enough demand for DF to produce can easily be produced by third parties and crafty folks. Those tiles can be integrated with city and castles to make garden plots, muddy yards (like at the inn or stable) nice lawns for nobles, and even raised gardens. They can also be used independently to construct small encounter scenes outside those environments, or to make a green space inside a cavern (there are examples in nature where a roof vent lets in sun, seeds, and rain).

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:51 pm

I believe that Renaissance Miniatures has there store offline until they fulfill a KS that they are behind on... don't quote me on that but that is the sense i got from their last missive. I like the honor of fulfilling a commitment before taking on additional obligations. That may not make the best business sense $$$ wise but it is a classy move.
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

BaneofHumanity
Goblin
Goblin

Post by BaneofHumanity » Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:27 pm

Well that's good news. I do want to get some of their smaller stuff.
6 Billion cries of agony, will birth a new balance.

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:53 pm

BaneofHumanity wrote: Renaissance Miniatures for all intensive purposes isn't doing business right now. Their store has been offline for a better part of a year now. Which is sad because I would have liked some of their smaller stuff.

But while I really like their stuff. I really want something that's hard to break. Laser cut wood does not fall into that category.
They recently said that it should be reopening within the next month or two. I want several of their pieces. I do have a couple of their ships. I like 4Ground a bit better, but their stuff is pricier to ship and they don't have as much variety yet.

I'd be interested in that stuff by DF, and if done right it could be used for fantasy, anime, and modern gaming. I'm just not sure if they can get the numbers to justify it or if it fits what Stefan wants to make. Who knows, maybe we'll get a nice surprise down the road!

BaneofHumanity
Goblin
Goblin

Post by BaneofHumanity » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:06 pm

LordDust wrote: Renaissance Miniatures did a pretty big Eastern village KS a couple years back. It is laser cut wood, so it isn't everyone on this forum's cup of tea, but it did pull in a fairly large number of people and do rather well. I'm not sure how easy it would be for DF to tap that same market though. The pieces would likely cost more to do a similar scale build in Dwarvenite. I would be very interested in it myself for both D&D and BESM, but I wouldn't assume my interest generalizes to the rest of the DF consumers.
Renaissance Miniatures for all intensive purposes isn't doing business right now. Their store has been offline for a better part of a year now. Which is sad because I would have liked some of their smaller stuff.

But while I really like their stuff. I really want something that's hard to break. Laser cut wood does not fall into that category.

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:43 am

BaneofHumanity wrote:I think my number 1 thing for me. Is trees. I really want something that looks awesome. Is almost indestructible and having the ability to put miniatures in them.

I wouldn't mind seeing an expansion on things to populate all this terrain. With bookshelves and other furniture...Perhaps some more posh looking stuff.
Renaissance Miniatures did a pretty big Eastern village KS a couple years back. It is laser cut wood, so it isn't everyone on this forum's cup of tea, but it did pull in a fairly large number of people and do rather well. I'm not sure how easy it would be for DF to tap that same market though. The pieces would likely cost more to do a similar scale build in Dwarvenite. I would be very interested in it myself for both D&D and BESM, but I wouldn't assume my interest generalizes to the rest of the DF consumers.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:23 am

Trees with some sort of natural perches for minis would be AWESOME!
102 Resin and 232 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

BaneofHumanity
Goblin
Goblin

Post by BaneofHumanity » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:56 pm

I think my number 1 thing for me. Is trees. I really want something that looks awesome. Is almost indestructible and having the ability to put miniatures in them.

I wouldn't mind seeing an expansion on things to populate all this terrain. With bookshelves and other furniture...Perhaps some more posh looking stuff.

jimibones83
Orc
Orc

Post by jimibones83 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:16 pm

The original sci-fi sets were just too 80's for me. I think they could do very well if re imagined though. And I really wish we could get an orient themed set out of dwarven forge, with roofs included.

I'd spend a haversack full of gold if both were available.

spect_spidey
Goblin
Goblin

Post by spect_spidey » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:51 pm

I would suggest more miniatures for the next Kickstarter. I just got my first set of these and I love them. Maybe some dwarves or elves could be added to the mix with the next project? After receiving the Town Patrol, I plan on buying all the dwarvenite miniatures that are available. These are excellent. I think with more variety, these would be all I used in my role playing sessions. Maybe even in my skirmish games as well.

Return to “Pre-Kickstarter 5 Discussion”