A Suggestion for the Kickstarter #5

jackattack
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: A Suggestion for the Kickstarter #5

Post by jackattack » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:23 am

If you want a thread to focus on a particular idea, it helps to put that idea in the thread title. "Dwarven Themed Sets for KS-5", for example.

Even then, although it is polite to stay on topic, threads sometimes take on a life of their own and go in unpredictable directions. Years ago a "More Lava" thread wound up talking about ice themed caverns. Just roll with it.

Personally, I am not so interested in seeing the definitive dwarven forge piece. A dwarven themed line with several modular forge components and options might be fun, but I'd just as soon see those pieces match KS1 themes and textures with some dwarven themed "flavor items" on the side.

Also, woodlands and sci-fi suffered from issues that a kickstarter might address from day one. I think those sets might be revisited in high funding goal "off-season" KSes, or as add-ons/sidelines in a regular but less focused KS.
Favorite Pieces: Chasms, 45 Degree Passages, River & Lava Banks, Ledges, Large Curved Walls, Elevation Arch

Kachina
Kobold
Kobold

Post by Kachina » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:31 am

BaneofHumanity wrote:I thought it was just any idea for KS 5 didn't realize it was dwarven specific.
hmmm...
I cant really think of anything that you couldn't use the current tiles for. Maybe a cannon or some siege equipment. Mines would be great....
Well, yes.... it is a forum for KS 5 in general.... however, I personally am trying to build support for a dwarven forge and dwarf themed stuff. The more support I can generate, the more likely it will be taken into consideration by DF staff. Also since the woodlands set and sci-fi set never really took off i doubt they will continue with those ideas...

BaneofHumanity
Goblin
Goblin

Post by BaneofHumanity » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:34 pm

I thought it was just any idea for KS 5 didn't realize it was dwarven specific.
hmmm...
I cant really think of anything that you couldn't use the current tiles for. Maybe a cannon or some siege equipment. Mines would be great....
6 Billion cries of agony, will birth a new balance.

zenmaster
Orc
Orc

Post by zenmaster » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:31 pm

Arcarius2001 wrote:We already have the Woodlands Set for the elven idea. I doubt that DF would do something like it again
Correction: Only you and a few hundred others have that limited set (maybe fewer if everyone bought 5 like Kachina did!). A lot of people are excluded from that "We"! ;)

Arcarius2001 wrote: As for a Dwarven Forge set, that would be very much appreciated. (At least by me!) The last KS teased a pic of some dwarves walking across a bridge, so hopefully dwarven minis could accompany it.
I am also behind this 100%!!
Dungeon Crawl Classics enthusiast.

Kachina
Kobold
Kobold

Post by Kachina » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:16 pm

BaneofHumanity wrote:I wouldn't mind seeing wood style fort walls and towers.
Wood stuff would be more for an outpost or something in the woods. I could see that more for an Elven tree-village.

:arrow: We're talking Dwarves here, so I would [naturally] expect that stone and masonry would be the building materials of choice.

Audles
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Audles » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:18 pm

I'd like a Dwarven Forge, and Dwarven build stuff in general. Solidly team Dwarf.

BaneofHumanity
Goblin
Goblin

Post by BaneofHumanity » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:45 am

I wouldn't mind seeing wood style fort walls and towers.
6 Billion cries of agony, will birth a new balance.

Arcarius2001
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Arcarius2001 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:34 am

We already have the Woodlands Set for the elven idea. I doubt that DF would do something like it again. As for a Dwarven Forge set, that would be very much appreciated. (At least by me!) The last KS teased a pic of some dwarves walking across a bridge, so hopefully dwarven minis could accompany it.

JK - 123456
Goblin
Goblin

Post by JK - 123456 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:11 am

all for the Dwarven forge set.. would be great to have the full size bellows and coal piles, it would also be complimentary with CBS and castle as they would have had smiths.. you could connect to stables and stalls along side. it wouldn't need to be huge set perhaps the size of a tavern..

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Rabbit Burner » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:10 am

I would like to see ruins to form a significant part of KS5, would love to see a comprehensive set of ruins and damage pieces for castles, I am sure sewers, dungeons, caverns could all be greatly enhanced with ruins and rubble lots and lots of rubble.
I am the Game and I want to Play