Don't have KS1 - mixed (plain+pillar)
12%

Total votes: 42

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: All pillar design or mixed for KS5?

Post by Oldent » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:14 pm

I am one of the 3 people who have no KS 1 but think new KS1 pieces should be produced with the KS. The answer to Kryzsko's question. I will never buy them.
So far fewer than 50 people have responded to the pole.Still evenly divided :roll:
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by bernyleung » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:15 pm

If the base pledge comes as mixed KS1 and KS5, then I for sure will get unpainted and do a mostly alternate paint scheme for these tiles, as I've mused about it another thread. I'm actually hoping for large dungeon floor pieces as add-ons to make large room builds go quicker.

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:43 pm

I completely agree lostpict.
Give the people that pledge the option to add the KS1 stuff (if offered), but keep the base pledges strictly new items. If any KS1 stuff is in a base pledge make it separate from other pledge levels. ;)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

lostpict
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by lostpict » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:31 pm

I am indifferent on KS1 (or any other KS bits) being included as Add-Ons, but I definitely do not want more KS1 pieces as part of KS5 base pledge (including free stretch goals). However, I would be interested in KS1 / KS2 transition pieces or new KS1 pieces. I say this since I prefer and mostly use Resin dungeon pieces even though I di buy 5x KS1 sets during KS1. If the base pledge included the KS1 items, I would be inclined to buy less of KS5. I recognize that others have other wants and desires, but that's my $0.02 worth.
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

Senile Norseman
Kobold
Kobold

Post by Senile Norseman » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:02 am

Just to add my 2 cents worth to the discussion... I don't necessarily want a re-issue of KS1 pieces (will take advantage if it is offered of course) but I do hope they support the KS1 with new pieces. I like what I see of the pillar design but I want the new goodies in the KS1 style as well.... led, double doors, larger floor pieces, wall sections... just to name a few. Bring on the new style but please add the new items in KS1 style as well.
Senile Norseman

Kryzsko
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Kryzsko » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:16 am

Right now it is 50/50 of people who would like KS1 pieces vs people who don't, and 100% of people who don't have any KS1.

The DF store prices for KS1 are high for what you get in my opeinion.

Most people here are planning to add the KS5 sets to their KS1 sets, but how attractive will KS5 be to people who have not KS1?

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by bernyleung » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:19 am

There is a restock of KS1 coming. I'm not sure how much, but it is.

I think it makes perfect sense for DF to offer KS1 sets as add-ons to KS5. After all, their profit margin should be higher with newly made KS1 pieces since they already have all the steel moulds and the factory processes are efficient. The "extra" profit would only help with the cost of KS5 as that money can be diverted to the new steel moulds.

I don't think DF can (or should) make a blanket discount for KS1 available as add-ons through KS5. Rather, if they should offer a discount, they should make it contingent on a minimum basic pledge of KS5. For example, for every "x" number of basic KS5 pledges, they may add on "x" number of KS1 basic add-ons which could be up to y% discount off the DF store, as long as they were willing to wait until KS5 fulfills to get all their tiles with free shipping.

OR

For every "x" number of KS5 pledges or for reaching a certain total dollar limit, the backer may receive a DF store coupon for y% off "x" number of KS1 restock pieces, or maybe free shipping, or something like that.

I've even suggested at one point that for a KS, DF can do away with stretch goal pieces, and instead get a discount of 1% off the total cost of the KS for every $200,000 raised above the $1,000,000 dollar mark (to a max of 10% off final prices at $3,000,000 goal). But I suppose people like pieces of terrain more than doing math.

koraldon
Goblin
Goblin

Post by koraldon » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:58 am

In my opinion there is zero sense to offer it only in the pledge manager:
- New customers who want KS1, are unlikely to take a $$$ gamble and than find out that the pledge manager offers are meagre (or great).
- It doesn't increase the overall funding of the project - but rather encourages people to only invest the minimal amount required for the pledge manager (I did this in KS4, but due to financial reasons).
- There is no God-given right to KS1 backers that only they can enjoy a great deal on KS1 pieces.
- The web store currently offers a bad deal on KS1 pieces imo. Compare it to KS3, where you can buy very nice starter sets for ~75$ or the hamlet level (same as KS) for ~260$
- Enhanced reprints are working great for a lot of companies, look at Gloomhaven (pure reprint, half-way through campaign, > 2 million USD) or Kingdom death 1.5 reprint (best ever BG on KS >12 million USD) - All significantly bigger than initial KS campaign.

I think the best suggestion is to allow backers to choose the styles they want in the pledge manager, and have a uniform set of s.g. in order to not complicate the campaign (if basic pieces are offered as s.g. of course the style should be consistent).

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:31 pm

I work in business and cash flow everyday. I don't know all of the details, but if the molds are already made, then it actually makes MORE financial sense to offer the pieces as that cost has already been expensed 4-5 years ago. The only costs are labor and materials. (And shipping I guess) It costs DF less money to unlock a stretch goal by way of old pieces than new ones. This is if course if they are selling the old sets for the same price as the new sets.
106 Resin and 202 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Kryzsko
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Kryzsko » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:46 pm

I would not want DF to offer KS1 sets if it does not make financial sense, but there are plenty of other KSs who have offered reprints of older projects while funding a new project and it did not seem to hurt them financially.