More KS1 compatability

Cody N
Orc
Orc

Re: More KS1 compatability

Post by Cody N » Sat May 13, 2017 2:14 am

I disagree. KS2 elevations showed that the sets stack just fine. The crenulations and platforms show that they stack just fine.

It's not about being left out, it's that a simple and versitle design was passed up in favour of an entirely new and expensive system.

And again I'm not saying don't make the castles/magnets ect.... but it's easy enough to offer the simple options as well and let people vote with their money. If it doesn't fund, nothing is lost, but I would bet it would be very popular. .... possibly would have brought down the castle sales actually.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: More KS1 compatability

Post by AnimeSensei » Sat May 13, 2017 1:59 am

Part of the issue is KS1 (and the resin line in general) was never really meant to be stacked. KS3/4 was. Fans have created spectacular dioramas with stacked tiles, but I don't think they are really playable that well. But I see what you are saying; it's no fun to be left out.
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Cody N
Orc
Orc

More KS1 compatability

Post by Cody N » Sat May 13, 2017 1:18 am

At KS4, I was disappointed. I had sunk a lot of money into KS1 and KS2, and I had the feeling I now had outdated technology, that was being left behind in favour of new models. (Probably how the people with tile clips felt before me) ;)

There are some simple additions I would like to see that would make KS1 much more versatile, giving me reason to buy more of it!

This is a photo of an up build using KS1 and 6 pillars. 6! And I'm 1/4 of a shakey fort.
20170512_212552.jpg
20170512_212552.jpg (83.41 KiB) Viewed 1672 times

Simple additions like platforms, and the KS4 clip on castle wall crenulations,( but sized for KS1 ) would have worked amazing with the products already produced.

The same goes for the balconies. Just a clip on balcony is all I need.

Clip on, hanging, or FREESTANDING traps would work every bit as well as magnets, and it would work with KS1/2/3.

I'm not saying don't do magnets. Just give us some products that work with what's already out there.

(People suggesting we stick stuff on with poster goo is a creative fix, but I find it rather insulting when I look at the products coming out and the $4000 I have already spent)