We need your input-KS5

Saxon1974
Orc
Orc

Re: We need your input-KS5

Post by Saxon1974 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:09 pm

William wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:34 pm
My request is not for any specific item, anything is good in my book.

My only request is that the items be in smaller (non-mega packs) packs. So we can get as many of a specific item or group of related items in smaller doses. If anyone wants a lot of certain things, then they can buy multiple packs of that thing. Kind-of like the old resin Pedestal and or Pillar packs. Sometimes I want a lot of a certain item, like pews. But, I don't want a zillion other items in a pack that might have only a few pews in it.

That is my only "want". Smaller packs of specific items. ;)
Agree but I think it's difficult for DF to profit from things like this from discussions I have seen with them before.

I also want to second free standing walls.

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:34 pm

My request is not for any specific item, anything is good in my book.

My only request is that the items be in smaller (non-mega packs) packs. So we can get as many of a specific item or group of related items in smaller doses. If anyone wants a lot of certain things, then they can buy multiple packs of that thing. Kind-of like the old resin Pedestal and or Pillar packs. Sometimes I want a lot of a certain item, like pews. But, I don't want a zillion other items in a pack that might have only a few pews in it.

That is my only "want". Smaller packs of specific items. ;)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

BookWyrm
Kobold
Kobold

Post by BookWyrm » Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:19 pm

Accessories that I would like to see included in the Dungeon of Doom! are listed below.
Many of these ideas have already been stated by others; just adding my support to them.

Where possible, I would like to have accessories not built in to the terrain because it limits the use of the terrain pieces. I would prefer accessories that can be set down on top of the terrain pieces, like the Tavern Accessories.

I love it when you make accessories that are specific to or match the terrain. An example being the Elder Earth Elemental made to match the Erinthor Mountains.

Contrary to many, I am not a big fan of the LED accessories or magnetic accessories (I prefer to use blue tack to place my accessories wherever they are needed), so having options available of accessories without these would be appealing to me.

Dungeon/Cavern Accessories:
  • Anything that was previously made in resin that has not yet been made in Dwarvenite.
  • Anything different than the standard 2”x2” pieces, both larger and smaller pieces.
  • Wall with concealed secret door: walls that have a bookcase, or a mirror, or a myriad of other possibilites on one side and regular wall on the other, and that pivots like the Cavern Secret Door.
  • Wall with empty chains for imprisoning figures (maybe have a separate figure that has shackles on their wrists with arms positioned to line up with the chains on the wall).
  • Walls with metal bars (freestanding or not) to create cells.
  • Walls and floors with levers/wheels/switches/buttons for traps, etc.
  • Wall with big circular hole/doorway.
  • Freestanding wall of fire.
  • Freestanding wall of ice.
  • Floor with spikes to place at the bottom of a pit.
  • Curved Stone Bridge Ramp.
  • Bridge: rickety wood.
  • Bridge: rickety rope.
  • Lying down figures: generic enough to be used as sleeping on a bed, passed out on the floor, lying on an altar, or as a corpse.
  • Seated figures: variety of races engaged in different seated activities and poses like seated tavern patrons, the seated crossbowman that came with the wagon, seated on the castle wall, seated on the commode.
  • Monster skulls, bones, skeletons instead of human skulls, bones, skeletons.
  • Pews.
  • Commode.
  • Guillotine.
  • Sacks.
  • Baskets.
  • Urns: larger floor standing.
  • Beds with canopies.
  • Bunk beds.
  • Chamber of Sorrows pool.
  • Laboratory equipment groupings: alembics, flasks, etc. grouped together like the Feast Array and Bread and Ale Array in the City Builder Tavern Accessories Add-On Pack.
  • River/coast/water pieces: additional shapes and sizes.
City/Castle Accessory ideas to consider for the future:
  • Tudor Advanced Builder Set.
  • Thatched roofs.
  • Windmill.
  • Water wheel.
  • Docks.
  • Boats: door raft, rowboat, modular ships.
  • Crow's cage that can open and close and hold a figure.
  • Haystacks.
  • Garderobe that could be inserted into the Castle Modular Wall or used as a City Builder piece, much like the Modular Balconies.
  • Jousting lists.
  • Spectator seating: for the jousting lists.
  • Pavilions.
  • Moats.
  • Court figures and more townsfolk.
  • All of iPaint’s KS3/CBS suggestions.
I also supported the Mantic TerrainCrate Kickstarter and so unfortunately I am not interested in seeing a lot of overlap with the accessories they are creating.

dreamlifter
Goblin
Goblin

Post by dreamlifter » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:30 pm

Warduke wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:52 am
Many of us have tons of painted dungeon dressing. How do you get us to buy the stuff we already have? Make it LED.

1. LED Portal - Stone arch with various runes inscribed around it. The interior lights up (as do the runes) when it is on.
2. LED Summoning Circle/Pentagram - Candles at the ends light up with a separate light/switch for the symbol/pentagram
3. LED Wizard/Mad Scientist Lab - Tesla coils, crystal ball on stand (or table), scrying pool, table or shelf full of glowing potion bottles (yeah, I know that last one is tricky).
4. LED Fireplace
5. LED crystals (for caverns). These would work best with multiple light colors.
6. LED Obelisk - Marked with magic runes that light up/pulse. These would work best with multiple light colors.

Minis

1. Prisoners and Corpses - Various humans, skeletons and corpses that can be used in a variety of ways. Can be chained to new dungeon walls, chained to a rack, placed in a gibbet, laid out on the floor, placed in stocks, etc.
2. The Court of Valoria - Various noble men & ladies, a jester, a king (standing and sitting version), a queen (standing and sitting version), the king and queen's throne. There is enough variety needed for a second set in a future KS. I noticed your townspeople minis are always out of stock. My guess is there are very popular.
3. Townsfolk 2 - Various bards, gravekeeper, dancing girls, strumpets, etc.
4. I agree with the seated tavern NPC idea.

Dungeon Pieces
1. Torture and Prisoner set - Dungeon walls with chains attached (are used with the minis mentioned above). Gibbets - can be placed on a removable stand or hung as decorations on our castle walls. Has a working door and prisoner/skeleton/corpse minis can be placed inside. Iron Maiden. Experiment table (think Frankenstein) that can incline from horizontal to vertical. Can place these same minis so diabolical baddies can run mad experiments. Couple this with the LED mad scientist lab I mention above for maximum effect. Stocks, guillotine.
2. Magnetic walls/decorations.
Many good ideas in particular, LED Crystals for caverns, but also some clear "crystal caverns" for a total crystal cavern aside from LED crystals in regular caverns or caves.

Kryzsko
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Kryzsko » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:35 pm

For dungeons I personally want lots of magnet accessories to go on our magnet walls we know are coming. They are a fun and relatively cheap way to change the look of the dungeon without needing whole new walls. I want more fantasy floors. Not just floors with different patterns but more like the resin fantasy floors. Ruins in the old KS1 style. Trays like the castle roof platforms to make building multiple level easily (I know people 3D print these already). I like the idea of corpses and seated miniatures.

Outside of dungeons I really want the moat set and the Tudor advanced building set. I think that is about it for me.

Oldent
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Oldent » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:31 pm

Kryzsko wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:21 pm
Oldest known minecart and tracks from the 1400s:
I saw a photo of stone trolley tracks in archaeology magazine. They were much later. I can not find the article. :cry:
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

Kryzsko
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Kryzsko » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:21 pm

Oldest known minecart and tracks from the 1400s:
Attachments
IMG_0146.JPG
Something like that could be fun and different. Although I think they are looking for dungeon stuff and not mine stuff.
IMG_0146.JPG (126.71 KiB) Viewed 3955 times

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:15 pm

kodiakbear wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:05 am

William is right no gravel beds.

I also want to ask that the tracks be made to not look modern/old west. There are so many modern/old west tracks on the market but few to no tracks that look medieval or hand/axe/hammer made. I am no mine cart expert but I am sure Stefan and crew could make them look awesomely not train age.
I'm guessing that a medieval metal mine track is the realm of pure fantasy (i.e. dwarven made)?

This is a 16th century mine track...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minecart# ... lzbahn.jpg

Does someone have a better source / reference?

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:05 am

William wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:09 am
If Mine Tracks are considered, please make the 90 degree turns larger than a 2x2 tile, like other ones I've seen. There is no physical way a cart can make that tight of a turn without some form of modern engineering. If at all possible have the tracks be able to be separated from the floor tiles somehow. I would prefer sweeping turns that span over a few tiles over a tight unreal bend.

The tracks in this layout from this long lost thread are close to what I'm thinking, but without the gravel bed when raised above ground. I always loved this layout, just wish those raised tracks didn't look as if they were on the ground.
I also wish there were wider bends like the layout I think Law did in a multi-level cavern set-up years ago with HO railroad tracks. That was more of what I'm considering. ;)

Also some 'Y's and maybe an 'X' track for crossings. :)
William is right no gravel beds.

I also want to ask that the tracks be made to not look modern/old west. There are so many modern/old west tracks on the market but few to no tracks that look medieval or hand/axe/hammer made. I am no mine cart expert but I am sure Stefan and crew could make them look awesomely not train age.

Oldent
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Oldent » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:48 am

I am going to lobby for more LED accessories.

This is the Pregame set up for a Frost Grave scenario The LED's will be the objectives. I could use dozens of LED fire places if I converted the scenario to Massive Darkness.The LED Inn tables are cool but I would Like some Card table LED's too. Anything that would look good in multiples.

It has been pointed out that crates, boxes and barrels are very common accessories. That is very true. I have hundreds. However, you need a way to hide the battery box.A lantern on top of a pile of stone or stack of crates and barrels would also be useful in multiples. A lantern on a stack of stones would be useful in the streets or a cave or dungeon. The stack of stones or debris would be the way to hide the battery box.

A stack of stones ,a card table, and a stack crates on one Massive Darkness tile.

5 LEDs in one tile
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

Return to “Pre-Kickstarter 5 Discussion”