Orc
Orc

Re: Painted prices

Post by Stormfury » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:31 pm

bernyleung wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:25 pm
Stormfury wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:08 pm
I don't see the KS I Owner's Catchup Set which has all the unique pieces without forcing us to buy floors,vaulted walls etc. that I don't want.

I would love to have a set that includes some of the cool bridges, Traps, Corner Doors and double doors without the need to spend $200-400 on a bunch of stuff I can already fill with my KS I stuff.
Just wait until they release the add-ons. I think you will be pleasantly surprised. And you shall spend. By all that is true in the universe, you shall SPEND!
Not this time, I have a hard cap. Still trying to get over KS IV fatigue and I'm not 'in love' with the columns. So :) hopefully others SPEND, but it won't come from me this go round.
He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

Xeno Syncretic Order - Salvation Through Unity

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by bernyleung » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:26 pm

dice4hire wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:03 pm
The pieces are impressive, but I agree the painted markup is really high. I usually get dungeon grey and this is really pushing me towards that direction. Will have to see, I was thinking of come prepainted as I like the look and it could save me time.

This really looks like a KS I will be examining closely in the closing days. Especially when more add-ons appear.
I thought the painted mark-up has been remarkably consistent between this and the last 2 KS's. About 40%.

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by bernyleung » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:25 pm

Stormfury wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:08 pm
I don't see the KS I Owner's Catchup Set which has all the unique pieces without forcing us to buy floors,vaulted walls etc. that I don't want.

I would love to have a set that includes some of the cool bridges, Traps, Corner Doors and double doors without the need to spend $200-400 on a bunch of stuff I can already fill with my KS I stuff.
Just wait until they release the add-ons. I think you will be pleasantly surprised. And you shall spend. By all that is true in the universe, you shall SPEND!

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:03 pm

The pieces are impressive, but I agree the painted markup is really high. I usually get dungeon grey and this is really pushing me towards that direction. Will have to see, I was thinking of come prepainted as I like the look and it could save me time.

This really looks like a KS I will be examining closely in the closing days. Especially when more add-ons appear.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Ski_
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Ski_ » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:29 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:16 pm
fstkfstk wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:42 pm
Yeah, putting the starter set first would have supported the "bring people back/in" ethos a little better. The mountain of options is making me giddy but will take a lot of combing through.
+1

Put the current stretch goal target and the basic starter set on the first few pages of scrolling.
Yes, +1 to this.

Stormfury
Orc
Orc

Post by Stormfury » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:08 pm

bernyleung wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:17 pm
Initially, I was hit with sticker shock, too. But then I looked a little more carefully at the details of each of the Dungeon Level packages, and have come to the conclusion that there is literally something appropriate for everyone, as the Early Encounter Levels (EELs) have largely utility pieces and the Late Encounter Levels (LELs) having more specialized and unique pieces. The Dungeon of Doom (DOD) level is MASSIVE, kind of like buying two Royal Strongholds in KS4, so of course it is not going to be for everybody.

He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

Xeno Syncretic Order - Salvation Through Unity

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:39 pm

I hadn't seen any of the Kickstarter page or the compositions of the pledge levels before the launch... and even a lot of the sculpts (the side-effect of being far away in a whole other country...) and I immediately understood it all. Plus, breaking it down into encounter areas makes it easy, to me, to be able to get exactly what I want for future encounters for my specific campaign.

As well, I did see the "The Encounter Areas are just a start" section which does, in fact, illustrate two variations on Dungeon Level II. This is exactly the type of information and setup that myself and others have been wanting and asking for in past Kickstarters.

I have to say that I think they did a great job in setting up the campaign page... now it's just up to people to read the Campaign page (I say this because even after over 100 KSes, I'm still notoriously bad at reading these campaign pages; I wish Kickstarter would do something to make them easier to navigate to get to the information people are looking for.)
If you aren't gaming then you aren't living.

thedmstrikes
Goblin
Goblin

Post by thedmstrikes » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:31 pm

Jonathan wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:23 pm
I'm guessing once Dungeon of Doom is available, about a quarter or so of the backers pledging for Dungeon Level V will switch up to Dungeon of Doom.
I do not know man, that price jump is 1500 more dollars of doom to the ol' wallet...

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:16 pm

fstkfstk wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:42 pm
Yeah, putting the starter set first would have supported the "bring people back/in" ethos a little better. The mountain of options is making me giddy but will take a lot of combing through.
+1

Put the current stretch goal target and the basic starter set on the first few pages of scrolling.
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

DWChancellor
Orc
Orc

Post by DWChancellor » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:42 pm

DW, Chancellor of Valoria, Formally Privy Councilor of Valoria