What Can We Improve for KS6?

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: What Can We Improve for KS6?

Post by Oldent » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:45 am

AnimeSensei wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:00 am
It's not necessarily realistic to say that people can buy it over time if it's not going to be regularly stocked.
That has been my main issue with Dwarven Forge. This has always been a issue with resin.I think the castle parts sell out took them by surprise. I feel they have tried to better address this with PVC.
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:00 am

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:27 am
We get the need to get everything, but if you cannot afford it in the KS then wait until you can in retail, just requires some patience and yeah maybe a bucket load more money, but we can all find shiney stuff to spend our hard earned cash on :D
And this is where I sit on the fence instead of being 100% in the "make more stuff!" category. The store is never fully stocked and some sets take years to be stocked and then sell out very quickly. The kickstarter is essentially the only time to ensure you can buy something when you know you can get it. If they could fix that issue somehow, I would be squarely on the "make more stuff!" side, but as it is I'm hesitant due to the massive amount of funds necessary to pledge during the kickstarter time period to ensure you get what you want. It's not necessarily realistic to say that people can buy it over time if it's not going to be regularly stocked.
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:13 am

I am also happy when I decide I do not need to spend a few hundred to get into something new.

Unfortunately some people pointed out burrows could be forest paths and I unfortunately agree. I might be getting into at least chambers and tunnels after all.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Rabbit Burner » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:27 am

We think we can trust DF to get the balance between artistry/new designs and budget.

5 massively successful Kickstarters (though five could be a bust - but unlikely given previous results), KSIV Castles could be considered as less successful, but we believe the buzz around the retail Castles market shows it was successful.

The point of a DF Kickstarter is to raise enough money to build the molds.

Once the molds are available post KS profit margins increase and therefore sustain DF - look they are still here with a bigger design team - even Nate has gone full time.

We as backers get a massive amount of choice of what to pledge for in the KS and we know we can make up the rest at retail.

Not sure why DF should restrict their artistry because buyers get tempted to pledge over their budget. That feels like a personal discipline issue. We get the need to get everything, but if you cannot afford it in the KS then wait until you can in retail, just requires some patience and yeah maybe a bucket load more money, but we can all find shiney stuff to spend our hard earned cash on :D

If those backers get what they want, which is a reduced KS for KSVI, apply that to KSV (which what was discussed post KSV) given what was produced what would you have dropped from the KS ? - Rhetorical btw no need to get back into that debate. But safe to say the answers were many and varied - no clear choice.

One thing maybe DF could do is 2 Kickstarters a year to spread the load, but that gives DF more overheads to deal with.

Anyway all this has been discussed before and we are in danger of going over old ground, safe to say we in the burrow are all about choice, especially all the cool stuff DF produce.

Though having said that we in the burrow are a little relieved when DF produce models that we cant use. :lol:
I am the Game and I want to Play

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:57 am

True, is a fine line between artistry/new designs and budget. I'm torn on the issue myself.
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by bernyleung » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:46 pm

As much as I empathize with Noyolo10's sentiment, I also prefer to keep people employed and doing what they love. So go ahead and make as many sculpts as you want, as long as they are modular and useable.

Seraphis the Bland
Orc
Orc

Post by Seraphis the Bland » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:19 am

I'd like to see value come back in the form of reversible things like two sided floor pieces- that is, different motiffs on each side like the terrain trays. Could be dungeon floor on one side, dessert sand on the other, etc., river on one side, forrest floor on the other. You get the idea. I wonder if this creativity could be applied to other pieces, too. A 1x1 block could double as a well when upside down, or an urn or tunnel straight down with rungs....

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:39 pm

I missed encounter one being basics ala KSI or KSII campaigns. I can support that though I do think encounter I was pretty basic with a good selection though it certainly could have been more basic

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:33 pm

I guess i look at the KS as the more you spend the more you save... that is the idea at least

otherwise it is just a 10% off, free shipping (for those of us in the US - sorry dice4hire), presale

i went dungeon level 3 simply to take advantage of the extra discount - but i would have rather had encounters like Dias of the Dead, Gorgon Tiers or Eldritch Pools

I like my proposal especially if Encounter 1 is always the basics - corners, walls, floor and a door or two (say 2x the Starter Dungeon Add on) - then the newbies can buy multiple encounter 1's to get base sets
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:44 pm

Then why bother having pledge levels? Just offer them ala-carte and give people the option to buy extra bags if they so desire? With encounters, pledge levels do not make a lot of sense, though I am sure some people liked the small discount for the higher tiers, it was not really much money.