Space and Storage

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Space and Storage

Post by Harneloot » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:42 am

Pizzabagel wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:13 pm
I'm a newbie, but I've started using Really Useful Boxes from Office Depot. The 7 litre box is nice and shallow and is 12 x 12. I was able to put all my Tudor pieces in one, all my Stone pieces in another, my Sewer pieces, etc. of course I'm up to about 7 boxes now and growing...
I am partial to Really Useful Boxes as well and use them for all my dwarvenite except my caverns (which go in the huge Sterlite tub)

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:42 am

Early on I stored my CBS in the two Tote bags I got with it. Which had two problems that I think are worth noting.
1 - they were heavy
2 - because they were heavy any items at the bottom were subject to warping.

Dwarvenite while robust is also flexible and enough weight will cause it to 'reshape'.
I had an issue with CBS floors which I thought were flat but I managed to get a rogue chimney underneath the bottom floor and the weight of all the floors stacked up caused the bottoms ones to warp.

A little frustrating but easily cured with strong thumbs and heavy books :)
I am the Game and I want to Play

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:48 am

Just posted this on another thread... more storage ideas. ;)
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=7979&hilit=1000th+post
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:31 am

I really like the 12x12 paper crafter boxes - super cheap and you can fit a TON of the dungeon walls in them
iris.jpg
iris.jpg (301.61 KiB) Viewed 1264 times
walls.jpg
walls.jpg (346.66 KiB) Viewed 1264 times
I use all manner of sterlite tubs for caverns and accesories - for the city builder stuff their tiny 3 drawer set is like magic - pull out a set of drawers and start building, everything you need is at your finger tips:

http://dwarvenforge.com/forum/viewtopic ... ite#p96661
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

Pizzabagel
Orc
Orc

Post by Pizzabagel » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:13 pm

I'm a newbie, but I've started using Really Useful Boxes from Office Depot. The 7 litre box is nice and shallow and is 12 x 12. I was able to put all my Tudor pieces in one, all my Stone pieces in another, my Sewer pieces, etc. of course I'm up to about 7 boxes now and growing...

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by bernyleung » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:59 pm

The factory paint does, indeed, hold up. But the majority of my pieces I painted myself using artist's acrylic, and they get plenty banged and shuffled and scraped. Absolutely no problems over the last 2.5 years.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:54 pm

Arsolos wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:21 pm
Thanks for all the replies! AnimeSensei, those were some fantastic pictures of your collection in that thread you linked. I don't think i'll have anything near that elaborate for storage though (at least to start!). I know the Dwarvenite itself is nearly indestructible, but how durable is the paint? If I keep my tiles loose in a couple bins will the paint get worn off from them banging into each other as I dig out pieces?
The paint holds up, no worries.

Deeper in that thread is a bunch of other storage ideas. I know some people buy some rolling shelves you can get at Costco or Sam's Club that are around $30. I use my IKEA Alex units and sterilite bins, though I'm out of space.

More: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7130&p=92730
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:47 pm

I toss (literally, from the table to the floor where the bin is when I am cleaning up) my Dwarventite into large sterlite bins and have not seen even so much as a smudge or scratch on the paint!

Arsolos
Kobold
Kobold

Post by Arsolos » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:21 pm

Thanks for all the replies! AnimeSensei, those were some fantastic pictures of your collection in that thread you linked. I don't think i'll have anything near that elaborate for storage though (at least to start!). I know the Dwarvenite itself is nearly indestructible, but how durable is the paint? If I keep my tiles loose in a couple bins will the paint get worn off from them banging into each other as I dig out pieces?

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:02 pm

106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned