Shipping Update Please

galahad
Orc
Orc

Re: Shipping Update Please

Post by galahad » Tue May 08, 2018 2:26 pm

and as long as the entire KS arrives before the end of August, I am ok. I have 2 local cons scheduled to run Dungeons of Doom. kinda need the Dungeon of Doom or its sad days in Saint John & Fredericton.
Pontifex Maximus of Valoria

galahad
Orc
Orc

Post by galahad » Tue May 08, 2018 2:24 pm

I needed the past few months to catch up on the KS 4 holes in my collection.
I needed decor pieces, extra corners, mountains, flying battlements just to name a few areas that needed (NEEDED I tells you!) some serious investment,
I am now ready for the next KS. I think. maybe.
Pontifex Maximus of Valoria

geekjeff
Ogre
Ogre

Post by geekjeff » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:11 am

Law wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:09 am
By the way - I'm a little unclear - so the expectation is that Encounters 1-6 will ship first, am I correct in assuming that this means the actual full Encounters, and not the add-ons that include the same pieces?

So, for example, if you didn't order Deadly Corners or the Gauntlet, but you did get magnetic wall traps and floor traps (which include the same bling pieces: flame jet, swinging blade, spike pit), you wouldn't be getting anything yet? Only if you got the specific combination of pieces that make up The Gauntlet encounter or Deadly Corners encounter. The add on set will ship later.
I don't think they can say for certain until the first container batch ships, which should be towards the end of this month. If there's any cubic feet leftover in one of the containers we can be damn sure it'll get topped off with something that's ready!

I would expect to hear more info in the May update.

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:58 am

HAHAHHAHA - thanks!

Work has been crazy busy, but I tend to find time (especially when we get closer to shipping!)

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:57 am

He's BACK!!!!!

https://youtu.be/a516asqvfR4?t=975

We missed you LAW!
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:09 am

By the way - I'm a little unclear - so the expectation is that Encounters 1-6 will ship first, am I correct in assuming that this means the actual full Encounters, and not the add-ons that include the same pieces?

So, for example, if you didn't order Deadly Corners or the Gauntlet, but you did get magnetic wall traps and floor traps (which include the same bling pieces: flame jet, swinging blade, spike pit), you wouldn't be getting anything yet? Only if you got the specific combination of pieces that make up The Gauntlet encounter or Deadly Corners encounter. The add on set will ship later.

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:05 am

Jumping in late, with comments that almost certainly have already been said...

I'm sure DF did all they could to avoid the overlap - short of simply not having a KS this year. There are so many factors involved in both shipping and running the campaign, we don't know any of them (or very few). But the issues we're raising aren't new information to DF, nor were they taken lightly, I'm sure.

For me personally, I'd MUCH prefer that DF take the time to nail absolutely everything to be at its best before shipping. DoD is one of the most complex sets so far, with magnets and LEDs and interchangeable elements - it all had to fit perfectly and work. I'm not interested in getting a B+ set a few weeks before KS6 and having to return and exchange 30% of it. Get me an A+ set and have it overlap. It is what it is.

Forar80
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Forar80 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:14 pm

Kryzsko wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:19 am
I have no problem backing KS6 prior to KS5 delivery because I know they will deliver KS5. They have a proven track record. I also don't have a problem with KS campaigns that run a couple months late.

I have heard people complain about CMON having outstanding KS while running another and yet it never seems to negatively impact their current campaign.
I suspect that those of us engaged enough to be active on the forums are also going to be pretty relaxed/reasonable about both concurrent campaigns and delays.

But I also don't think that the majority of the backers visit the forums very often, if at all. I recall seeing substantial grumbling in the KS comments about them running the second while the first hadn't delivered. Even tried talking a few off the figurative ledge, because I too (unsurprisingly) think that after 3 successful campaigns that delivered essentially on time or early, and a 4th that was delayed a bit, #5 really shouldn't be that big a concern. But we don't and shouldn't think we speak for all backers, and there will be some people who find it questionable or frustrating to have a campaign run asking for more money while hundreds or thousands of dollars in product remains MIA from the previous one. Yes, even if it's already in the mail, or being sorted out, unfortunately not everyone has the same level of patience or understanding, and some folks will break earlier than others.

Note, that isn't to say that I think they shouldn't do it, merely that it's a concern, and from statements made by DF, it's also not relevant. Because of reasons that they have (and we don't need to know unless they decide to share them), KS5 fulfillment will apparently not be impacting KS6's campaign.

We just have to recognize that *some* backers or potential backers will find this offputting, should delivery still be underway. Based on the statements about shipping starting in May, and the fact that KS4 (which had substantially fewer backers than KS5) took about 2 months to ship (started in late April, Mid June update said that everything had been shipped at least, so we can expect a little longer at least for the last few to land), I think we can safely assume that KS6 *will* run while KS5 is still shipping.

I can only assume DF knows even better than us backer/comment participants that it's something to get out ahead of, and while we can certainly trust they'll do right by the backers, that doesn't change it being a potential controversy to handle deftly.

Spoken as a fan, but also a realist, and someone who has watched too many KS comments sections tear themselves apart over the years.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Rabbit Burner » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:48 am

In DF we trust and if big crazy KSers are what works for them then carryon.

We are not completionists so can happily leave stuff off the pledge. DF use KSers to raise money to make the molds - the more molds the better as they can make their profit in the retail store.

The more diversity they offer the more likely people are going to buy as they can find something they want.

And from a purely personal point of view DF KSers are an event and an experience we look forward to every year even if the product is not what we are necessarily what we are after (we want overground product that can be used in war gaming).

The Bigger and crazier it is, the better the experience and it keeps the Excel brigade happier than pigs in ......
I am the Game and I want to Play

Talistran
Orc
Orc

Post by Talistran » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:35 pm

Kryzsko wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:58 am
kitenerd wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:56 am
mmmm... Steak...

I'm confused. If i back the steak, i want it to ship on time. No one wants cold, late steak. I mean, there is steak sandwiches, but...

I have no problems backing before shipment. I would like to see DF get control of scope so that these could be predictable, annual and timely. Right now they are so large, complex and expensive that it is too much for them and my wallet to keep up with. Seems like it would be easier for EVERYONE if they rein it in just a bit so they are not dividing attention between two kickstarters during the most hectic time for both.
I agree. I thinks this has gotten a little too crazy big, but on the up side it gives us a lot to choose from but that is also the down side. I know I am not going all in this time so I am sure I will have to make some hard choices.

I would like to see a one of every sculp pledge and/or pack.
Amen to the bold and underline! :)