Is my dungeon of doom here yet

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Is my dungeon of doom here yet

Post by dice4hire » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:44 pm

William wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:44 pm
Dang, I was hoping it was THROUGH the acid bath. ;)
You ARE the DM.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:44 pm

Dang, I was hoping it was THROUGH the acid bath. ;)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

Arsolos
Kobold
Kobold

Post by Arsolos » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:31 pm

Law wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:54 pm
How are players supposed to move from acid bath to the next encounter? It has an entrance but no exit.
I believe the entrance to the Gorgon Tiers is from Deadly Corners, not the Acid Bath. So it will require a little backtracking.

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:54 pm

How are players supposed to move from acid bath to the next encounter? It has an entrance but no exit.

Animewarped
Orc
Orc

Post by Animewarped » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:30 pm

When I build my menagerie encounter, I'm going to make it a bit wider so the cages can be in the center and replace some of the walls with the mag ones so I can have shackles up for some prisoners outside waiting to be tortured :)

Animewarped
Orc
Orc

Post by Animewarped » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:27 pm

I bought extra cages just to get more manacles. I also bought a couple sets of mag wall add-ons to be able to put them all to use. was the cheapest way I saw to get and utilize those beautiful little pieces XD

D___Man

Post by D___Man » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:07 am

Got shipment 2 of 3 yesterday. Put together all rooms so far, 1-6, 8-12 and 14. Everything is great so far. Only missing the 2 swinging blades from Acid bath. I think the only magnets I had to glue in were 4 or 5 from burrows.

The biggest issues are with the menagerie encounter 10. It has a magnetic manacle but there is no magnetic wall to stick it to. The only magnetic wall is for the glyph behind the hidden wall. And the cages are so big there is no room between them. Also it uses classic dungeon walls but it should have used classic corners also. The vaulted pillars are in the way of the cages, if you put them on one side they cover the door and if you put it on the other side of the pillar the prison door is too close to the wall.

Puzzle floors also comes with two glyphs but only one magnetic wall. Burrows are tough to put together per the kickstarter without instructions. I am not sure I have it 100% correct but should be close enough. The sheets of wood this is on in the picture are 2 feet x 4 feet. At its widest it barely fits. I will need to use 1 more when the rest comes. Looking at the space I can't believe how big lava bridge is going to be.
Attachments
DOD 1-6 & 8-12 & 14 Smaller.jpg
DOD 1-6 & 8-12 & 14 Smaller.jpg (55.4 KiB) Viewed 1027 times

strid3s
Goblin
Goblin

Post by strid3s » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:40 am

Any news on AU shipments of KS5?
Pray for Mojo..

Saxon1974
Orc
Orc

Post by Saxon1974 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:50 pm

Ah man so probably weeks still to wait as I have not received any of the painted add on's I ordered. Dang.

Thanks for posting the update though, nice to know timelines.

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:22 am

Ditto. And as the resident Grumpy Old Man, I will take a moment to note that, while of course I'm disappointed to hear that now a great many things won't be shipping out until August (prior updates implied only the elevation tray and its add-ons would be that late), I appreciate the clear and complete update that tells me with specificity what is coming and when.

I can handle waiting until the end of August or even into early September. I just like to KNOW. Seriously, we joke about checking email every day for shipping notices, but I wonder if DF realizes that some of us actually DO that. Waking up every day hoping for a shipping notice and getting nothing is disappointing. Knowing that you can put it out of your mind bc nothing is happening for another month really helps. It's not the waiting. It's knowing whether you can be in "active anticipation" mode or need to remain in "don't put up Christmas decorations, it's only July" mode.