Encounter 8+ building guide?

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Encounter 8+ building guide?

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:21 pm

We will probably build at least once to the guides just to ensure we do indeed have all the pieces, or are only missing those that were missing against each box's manifest.

But we are only talking about Gorgon tiers and the Lava Bridge
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

Glendel
Orc
Orc

Post by Glendel » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:18 am

I probably won't either. We are just getting back into this. So we will be doing a lot of 5e 1-4 modules. Get all the new people used to how things go. Feel for different classes. Then when ready they will start new characters that will be 'them'. Everything will be custom games from then on out for 95% of it. Play a 5e module here and there.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:08 am

I never did and probably never will build any of the encounters the official way.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Glendel
Orc
Orc

Post by Glendel » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:59 am

Good deal, because I will not build those without guides again! lol

LadySabelle
Ogre
Ogre

Post by LadySabelle » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:39 pm

Graphics for the guides are being worked on as we speak.
Unless I specifically state that my information is directly from Valoria, my comments are just my own opinions.
http://ladysabelledesigns.com/

artcwolf
Goblin
Goblin

Post by artcwolf » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:17 pm

Still waiting on the guides :( and the Play modules for the adventure for the rest of the rooms

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:20 am

AnimeSensei wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:34 am
I plead the 5th.

Which to Mythrasian rabbits means "I have too many carrots in my mouth to speak"
someone has been using Google translate ;)
The Mythrassian version got a hefty update after Thumper and Clamps visited the Lingosmiths just off Lions Lane, helpfully pointing out that the Lagomorph language has more words and phrases than 'Carrots', 'Lettuace' and 'oh yeah baby your the best'.
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

Glendel
Orc
Orc

Post by Glendel » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:35 am

I was in the exact situation as you. Had resin, was all over the world so have not done anything gaming in a long time. Just getting in this year. Full force. I lived on KS6 pages and learned it inside and out. Got DCD and add ons. Got full DoD and a slew of mega packs and other add ons. Working on my City now. Got 2 empire streets. 2 monster sewers. bunch of add ons in roofs, doors, led walls (love me some LEDs haha) and 1 Capitol city. Want 2 more Capitols and Ill be good on city aside from accessories.

So for now I am painting City. That is where I will be starting my fledgling new 5e group. So figure a home town for them is first on the list. Then some simple sewer adventures and onto some simple dungeons. So that is my painting order. Figure by that time, caverns will be shipping lol.

Wow, congrats on your build! That does look really nice in the dwarven-grey! Good luck painting, looking forward to seeing some "works in progress" :D
I too was very skeptical at best about the LED's, and dwarvenite in general. I have about 25 resin sets and have just recently returned to the hobby ( work had me hoping around the globe ...) So I jumped in for KS6 and joined the forum here as a result. All the pictures and discussion have since led me to pick up a few sets of DoD .... now I'm convinced - this stuff is unreal. Im enjoying blending the new with the old. The LED's have really grown on me, negative space (terrain trays) are WAY cooler than I thought they'd be ... the large pieces ( Epic stairs, vaulted large curve walls, double door etc) are too nice not to have - glad I picked up a bunch of smaller sets to go with Gorgon Tiers.

BTW, your temple floor even in the basic great looks alive with snakes ... thats really cool.

realarete
Orc
Orc

Post by realarete » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:59 am

Glendel wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:57 am

The lights, I know some don't like the LED, absolutely in love with them.

As a couple others noted, lava bridge. What a beast to line up. My lava pit is off. NO idea where. First part is spot on, last half is on. I missed something in the pit, got wonky on the right somehow. Well, by the time I ever build it again because this is all coming apart to get set up in assembly line for painting, the PDF should be out.

Bottom line:
1. TY DF for coming back into my life after 15+ years of me being out of the game. Absolute delight you guys rock.
2. If you are wondering if you need more or if it's worth dealing with the online store trying to buy something, don't think, just suck it up and drive on. Get this stuff. Amazing.
3. I have Elevation Mega Pack, Elevation Platform 2, Emperor's Palace Mega Pack, Ledges, Wicked Dungeon Trove, Burrows, Chambers, Elevation, Stilts, Tunnels to add on and I think it is going to be well worth it. The beauty about this system is being able to get these add ons and have near unlimited possibilities. 3 level Khri colony?? Add basement level anti chambers to Gorgon Tears?!

Oh final thoughts. Shrine. In dwarvenite black it had e awestruck. Painted it is going to be jaw dropping. So much detail, all the gemstones. All the LED corners. Engraving on everything. I love it. Bravo Dwarven Forge team and especially sculptors and concept crew. Bravo.
Wow, congrats on your build! That does look really nice in the dwarven-grey! Good luck painting, looking forward to seeing some "works in progress" :D
I too was very skeptical at best about the LED's, and dwarvenite in general. I have about 25 resin sets and have just recently returned to the hobby ( work had me hoping around the globe ...) So I jumped in for KS6 and joined the forum here as a result. All the pictures and discussion have since led me to pick up a few sets of DoD .... now I'm convinced - this stuff is unreal. Im enjoying blending the new with the old. The LED's have really grown on me, negative space (terrain trays) are WAY cooler than I thought they'd be ... the large pieces ( Epic stairs, vaulted large curve walls, double door etc) are too nice not to have - glad I picked up a bunch of smaller sets to go with Gorgon Tiers.

BTW, your temple floor even in the basic great looks alive with snakes ... thats really cool.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:34 am

I plead the 5th.

Which to Mythrasian rabbits means "I have too many carrots in my mouth to speak"
106 Resin and 202 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned