KS Door Question

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: KS Door Question

Post by kitenerd » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:12 pm

period3 wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:33 pm
Nope, I was disappointed by this, as I thought they were supposed to be cbs compatible. The doors are too large to fit in the cbs double door frame. While you can slide the ks5 arch into ks3 posts, the doors have pegs on the bottom and there are no holes in cbs floors for them to go into. As a result, you end up with a gap beneath the door.

But despite that, they still look great and make my cbs builds pop, so I am happy with them overall. One day I may muster the courage to drill my floors.
Should be pretty easy to drill a couple of holes in one floor just to be used in that way...
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

period3
Orc
Orc

Post by period3 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:33 pm

Nope, I was disappointed by this, as I thought they were supposed to be cbs compatible. The doors are too large to fit in the cbs double door frame. While you can slide the ks5 arch into ks3 posts, the doors have pegs on the bottom and there are no holes in cbs floors for them to go into. As a result, you end up with a gap beneath the door.

But despite that, they still look great and make my cbs builds pop, so I am happy with them overall. One day I may muster the courage to drill my floors.
Vegomatic wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:55 pm
q
They are the double doors from KS5 (Dungeon of Doom).

I do not know for sure, but it is possible they will work in the double doorway from the City Builder Door pack (unpainted here: https://shop.dwarvenforge.com/collectio ... ngeon-gray )... It won't be until Monday sometime that I can try to dig out that stuff to see. Perhaps someone else can before then.

Here again, I do not know, but it is possible they will fit in the KS6 (Caverns Deep) Cavern Double Door...

To find out for sure send an email to dwarven forge directly ( dwarvenforgeforums@gmail.com ) and ask the question. Let us know what the answer is.

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:09 am

William wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:29 pm
I'm wondering how you got anything from Stone Skull Studio? :lol:
Still waiting on that tiny order. :roll:
Yeah, me too....I am a tad scared that the whole thing will just collapse actually, but hope springs eternal. I went in for the *painted* option too :(

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:29 pm

I'm wondering how you got anything from Stone Skull Studio? :lol:
Still waiting on that tiny order. :roll:
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:47 pm

Arbados wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:15 pm
Arbados wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:47 pm
Couldn't upload the picture to the site, but below is a link where you can see them. They're half-way painted already so I hope this doesn't make it more difficult. I want to know what piece(s) they fit into.

EDIT: I think I found it! It's the double door archway with the columns. Is that the only piece they work with?

https://worldofkrinthius.webs.com/apps/ ... =205413846

Thanks

How did you get the greenish effect?

The Chief Least Weasel of Valoria (Pretendant)
Totus KS Delenda Sunt
WeaselWarGod

Arbados
Orc
Orc

Post by Arbados » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:23 am

Thanks everyone for your assistance and comments! I had those double door frames stashed away in an alternate box!

RisingSeraph
Goblin
Goblin

Post by RisingSeraph » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:09 pm

Arbados wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:54 am
I have many, many different doors that look awesome from the KS'er. I've been painting them for the past month and finally finished them (or at least close). So now that they're just about done and all my other pieces are put away the question arose.....what piece do they fit into?

Yes it may seem like a silly question but with so many DF pieces and painting for months I lost track of what door piece these great doors go into. Is it double door archway piece that they fit into and if so is that the only piece?

Sorry if the question seems silly!
They go with the double door frame, here's a double door set for example:

https://shop.dwarvenforge.com/collectio ... 3152865383

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:51 pm

Arbados wrote:
Couldn't upload the picture to the site, but below is a link where you can see them. They're already painted.

Thanks
Nice looking doors! :)

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:55 pm

They are the double doors from KS5 (Dungeon of Doom).

I do not know for sure, but it is possible they will work in the double doorway from the City Builder Door pack (unpainted here: https://shop.dwarvenforge.com/collectio ... ngeon-gray )... It won't be until Monday sometime that I can try to dig out that stuff to see. Perhaps someone else can before then.

Here again, I do not know, but it is possible they will fit in the KS6 (Caverns Deep) Cavern Double Door...

To find out for sure send an email to dwarven forge directly ( dwarvenforgeforums@gmail.com ) and ask the question. Let us know what the answer is.

Arbados
Orc
Orc

Post by Arbados » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:15 pm

Arbados wrote:
Couldn't upload the picture to the site, but below is a link where you can see them. They're half-way painted already so I hope this doesn't make it more difficult. I want to know what piece(s) they fit into.

EDIT: I think I found it! It's the double door archway with the columns. Is that the only piece they work with?

Thanks