Fan-made Pseudo-BotM: Into the Medusa's Lair!

Talistran
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Fan-made Pseudo-BotM: Into the Medusa's Lair!

Post by Talistran » Sun May 02, 2021 2:25 pm

Nicely done! :)

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed May 05, 2021 1:19 pm

Well you have gone and done it now haven't you!

So we have the fabulous entrance and a set of grand stairs leading off .........

So next month is the Antechamber of the Medusa's Lair?
With the ruined Hall of heroes in July ?
Culminating with the Medusa Lair in August ?

Cracking build Hexen :)

We are liking how you have broken down the sets used and costs etc as well as some narrative.

But it is feeling a little incomplete ........
#justsayin
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

Hexenmond
Orc
Orc

Post by Hexenmond » Wed May 05, 2021 1:36 pm

We shall see! I heard that next month's BotM will be Hellscape, which doesn't fit the narrative. So, we might have to wait until the next dungeon-themed BotM until our heroes can continue their journey...

Thank you all for the feedback, BTW! It encourages me to post more builds in my 'condensed' style. A bit of explanation on this: I usually DM outside of my home (used to, before Corvid), so I need to be able to carry my build around. Even when I play at home and have much more space, I'd like to be able to fly in different builds, depending on the player's choices, instead of using the "blanket cover" method.

Many of the builds that get posted look awe-inspiring, but it would be impossible for me to use them for my games. One thing I do like about the BotM is that it usually leans towards smaller builds (outside of castle season :)). The current BotM is a great example for this.

zenako
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by zenako » Wed May 05, 2021 3:01 pm

I only build the ones I do since we play at my house and a dedicated gaming room. It is a luxury I know not all folks have. Until we got this house, our games used to rotate around, but I often used to bring a large fishing tackle box of plastic minis for monsters to games. it is really only in the past few years that we have seriously elevated from just using dry-erase gaming mats and imagination (and sometimes rather lengthy discussions about perceived elevations and lines of sight). I do a number of small builds for smaller settings as players work thru a scenario or plotline. Some of those are quick draw on a mat and toss a few scatter trees about, others might be a small cave where something like a dire bear has taken up living. Some of my more involved builds are really just me playing with my toys to see what I can build and they are never actually used in an actual gaming session.

bkfreeman1962

Post by bkfreeman1962 » Thu May 06, 2021 10:09 am

Really like your build, actually I like yours more than DF. Thanks for some new ideas.

Starved Hound
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Starved Hound » Thu May 06, 2021 2:49 pm

I agree BK, really is a nice build. Love the winding staircase, makes it more of a statement, and gets the players really invested in the upcoming battle.

I really need to get my ruins painted up.
The Starved Hound has only just now evolved to run on all fours, like the animal that he is. Currently possess over 2500 pieces of Valoria

Yacker
Orc
Orc

Post by Yacker » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:07 am

Love the setup ......

I really should start to pick up a few ruin sets as I currently do not have any.
The acid tray was a nice touch and adds the danger of the scene of the lair.
The drunkin DM and yack666 on Twitch

Erenor Silvershield
Orc
Orc

Post by Erenor Silvershield » Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:10 am

Yacker wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:07 am Love the setup ......

I really should start to pick up a few ruin sets as I currently do not have any.
The acid tray was a nice touch and adds the danger of the scene of the lair.
The new ruins configurations should be in the next restock... very excited! They’ve sold out so fast in the past. Hope there’s hundreds so I don’t miss out this time.

cgulash

Post by cgulash » Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:59 am

Great job, I quite like it!

Return to “Kickstarter 5 Discussion”