What Kind of Fabric Do You Use to Cover and Unveil your Dungeons?

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: What Kind of Fabric Do You Use to Cover and Unveil your Dungeons?

Post by AnimeSensei » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:18 pm

102 Resin and 212 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

astolat
Orc
Orc

Post by astolat » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:08 pm

My favorite is actually just a purple bedsheet made of bamboo fabric. It's dark and has a nice sheen and is purple :), also lightweight and easy to stretch and bunch, and doesn't knock things over just lying on them. For smaller areas I use a pillowcase of the same material.

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:31 pm

I also overlap sections of light-weight black felt from the fabric store. Mine are cut somewhat irregularly, so I have squares, rectangles, etc. in sizes 12"x12"+. This gives me some flexibility in layering based on my best guess on how the terrain will be revealed.

mc1gamer
Goblin
Goblin

Post by mc1gamer » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:16 pm

Thats why I was thinking of a thinner material but large table sized fabric. Its harder to figure things out, save for the obvious area of the table. I've adjusted things alot here, where I removed a row of trays, slid everything in that direct and added different trays (once revealed) on the opposite side. Its more work, but certainly helps trip the metagamers up ;)

nielsene
Ogre
Ogre

Post by nielsene » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:04 pm

I've been using cloth placements. Probably roughly 12" by 18" each. Which is typically 1-2 rooms. They fold well across the short dimension, so as long as I lay them out carefully ahead of time, creeping reveals works well. A set of 6-8 covers an entire table. I find being able to completely remove the covering in chunks is much easier than having to leave it bunch up somewhere else.

The only catch is that sometimes groups figure out the planned path via how I've layered the seams. Once I catch them doing that, I mix it up, even if it means I have to be a bit more careful when revealing a room.

mc1gamer
Goblin
Goblin

What Kind of Fabric Do You Use to Cover and Unveil your Dungeons?

Post by mc1gamer » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:54 pm

So I've a rather large table being setup with multiple levels (about 3x5 foot area at the base) and I want to unveil the rooms/areas as they get to them, leaving the rest under cover. What kind of fabric do you use, those of you who do this? I have felt, but perhaps its too thick. Its not able to bunch up well enough and I want to be able to contort it around rooms that are revealed as they go.

Thanks!

Return to “Kickstarter 5 Discussion”